General Yuzuru Chat

This is a bit OT, but I uploaded the second part of #FigureLegends. This time it's Ulrich Salchow's story :laughing:

When I was writing this post, I just couldn't stop laughing. Seriously, I thought NOTHING can top Yuzu's rollercoaster career, but Salchow's is the ultimate level of flex :happy0007:

I celebrate him so much for his unshakable will to defend his Olympic title. How bitter it must have been for him that in 1912 figure skating was not part of the Olympic program, 1916 the Olympics were cancelled because of World War I and he had to wait f*** 12 years to even get a chance... and then the Snake betrayed him... :13877886:

I feel so happy for Yuzu that he got his chance and made the absolute possible best out of it!

7 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

OMG.... When the Snek jump betrayed even Salchow himself....💀💀💀

Never underestimate the Snake :laughing:

It's such a shame that Yuzu's average SP score in this Olympic cycle is an incredible 104.60 (Nationals and notorious underscoring included), but his two lowest scores were both against ykw in Saitama and Torino... thank you, Snake and Tulup.

However, all good things come in threes, so I'm confident that - if he has to compete at Worlds in three weeks - this time it will work out.

I mean... it's the third month of the year, in this cycle it's the third season, the third competition against ykw, LMEY is the third SP, H&E the third FS and LMEY is also Yuzu's third program of the cycle with slicked-back hair (after Origin and Masquerade). Would fit a third world title... it's probably all in his calculations, I guess...:hihi:

To be clear, I still pray for a miracle and hope that - somehow - the event will be cancelled BEFORE the athletes arrive. But if there is no other way out of this mess, I try to stay positive and wish for the best.

26 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Never underestimate the Snake :laughing:

It's such a shame that Yuzu's average SP score in this Olympic cycle is an incredible 104.60 (Nationals and notorious underscoring included), but his two lowest scores were both against ykw in Saitama and Torino... thank you, Snake and Tulup.

However, all good things come in threes, so I'm confident that - if he has to compete at Worlds in three weeks - this time it will work out.

I mean... it's the third month of the year, in this cycle it's the third season, the third competition against ykw, LMEY is the third SP, H&E the third FS and LMEY is also Yuzu's third program of the cycle with slicked-back hair (after Origin and Masquerade). Would fit a third world title... it's probably all in his calculations, I guess...:hihi:

To be clear, I still pray for a miracle and hope that - somehow - the event will be cancelled BEFORE the athletes arrive. But if there is no other way out of this mess, I try to stay positive and wish for the best.

If it has to be cancelled, then better before the athletes arrive, certainly.

But I should prefer Worlds to happen — and well.

On 3/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, Henni147 said:

This is a bit OT, but I uploaded the second part of #FigureLegends. This time it's Ulrich Salchow's story :laughing:

When I was writing this post, I just couldn't stop laughing. Seriously, I thought NOTHING can top Yuzu's rollercoaster career, but Salchow's is the ultimate level of flex :happy0007:

I celebrate him so much for his unshakable will to defend his Olympic title. How bitter it must have been for him that in 1912 figure skating was not part of the Olympic program, 1916 the Olympics were cancelled because of World War I and he had to wait f*** 12 years to even get a chance... and then the Snake betrayed him... :13877886:

I feel so happy for Yuzu that he got his chance and made the absolute possible best out of it!

While reading this, the following rather crazy thought occurred to me: 

We know Yuzu is a student of figure skating history and looks up to those who came before. What if he's fully aware of Salchow's story,  and, not only aware, but thinking, "heh, I can top that"?

I mean, the age 42 for Yuzu is only 16 years away...he's already lasted 10...

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

We know Yuzu is a student of figure skating history and looks up to those who came before. What if he's fully aware of Salchow's story,  and, not only aware, but thinking, "heh, I can top that"?

It would be a dream for us but maybe not for him. But the thought may have occurred to him (and then, I remember this discussion with "30 years? It is so old!")

In a sense, he is forever young, but also with such a weight on the shoulders. Sort of Frodo.

Yet he may wish to motivate the younger Japanese generation to beat him, at least in jumps.

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"only 16 years" :laughing::13877886:

But yeah, I can totally picture Yuzu pulling a Salchow: :muahaha:

Spoiler

...retire after Beijing, so it seems... :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Spoiler

...meanwhile IOC and ISU both going bankrupt...:popcorn:

Spoiler

...then revive the Games himself in 2038... :0005:

Spoiler

...with the good old open air rink in the forest of the Poohs... :dancingpooh:

Spoiler

...bring Salchow sama's strongest weapon back - the compulsory figures... :smiley-devil:

Spoiler

...give an unexpected comeback at the age of 43... :smiley-excited001:

Spoiler

...paralyze the rest of the field with his sheer presence... :dizzy2:

Spoiler

...and win that Olympic Quad with the full bloody 9:22 minutes of Chopin's Ballade No. 1. :9:

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

It would be a dream for us but maybe not for him. But the thought may have occurred to him (and then, I remember this discussion with "30 years? It is so old!")

In a sense, he is forever young, but also with such a weight on the shoulders. Sort of Frodo.

Yet he may wish to motivate the younger Japanese generation to beat him, at least in jumps.

The only time when Yuzuru made me very dissapointed was when he said "30 is old" :) I am 50 years old, boy! Should I have started digging my grave by now?

28 minutes ago, senemgencer said:

The only time when Yuzuru made me very dissapointed was when he said "30 is old" :) I am 50 years old, boy! Should I have started digging my grave by now?

A few seconds later, he said he had never said anything more embarrassing in his life.

He certainly didn't mean that "30 is old" in that way, rather that for him, it was still so far away that he hadn't event projected himself so far.