General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I have to post this quickly, before my break ends, because I feel like crying:

Todd Eldredge has retweeted my table with the top multiple World medalists and added this lovely comment :10636614:

Thank you, Todd!! :cri:

Hi Henni,

I am so happy for you that Todd Eldridge expressed so much gratitude for being on that list! It makes all of your hard work worth it when someone famous from that list legitimizes your effort with such heartfelt appreciation.

Hi. The people that is organizing the campaign, I want to participate. I have no twitter, reason why I'm trying to find a way of comunication, since I don't know who oficially is on the organization. I have some ideas that can help, especially in this five days that are very important but I don't know at who send it. Please send me a private message so we can talk. 

48 minutes ago, leona said:

Hi. The people that is organizing the campaign, I want to participate. I have no twitter, reason why I'm trying to find a way of comunication, since I don't know who oficially is on the organization. I have some ideas that can help, especially in this five days that are very important but I don't know at who send it. Please send me a private message so we can talk. 

Your best bet is to make a burner twitter acct and contact https://twitter.com/NoQuarNoWorlds

I'm not sure who runs the acct exactly, but they may not see your message here or want to message you with their PH acct.

Dear Yuzuru fans,

I am a 50 year old mom who likes figure skating and is a Yuzuru fan. I am very new to this planet (3 weeks now) but I am already fascinated of this young man's talents and amazing journey in life. 

As you know, after every Yuzuru performance the rink is covered with Poohs and they are donated to children in the city/country where the competition is held. However, this year it will not be possible to do so and being a mother myself, I think this is a big shame. As you know, this year's Worlds will be held in Stockholm very soon (22-28 March) and I thought that we can change this sad fact into good news for children: my suggestion is to start a donation campaign for a children's hospital in Stockholm. This way children will still be helped, the hospital can provide toys for children and say that they are coming from a great atheletes' fans. 

If this sounds like a good idea and you support it, I will then contact the hospital to learn how we can donate. 

What do you say? Are you in? Can Planet Hanyu make a difference? 

Love and hugs

Senem Gencer 

7 hours ago, senemgencer said:

Dear Yuzuru fans,

I am a 50 year old mom who likes figure skating and is a Yuzuru fan. I am very new to this planet (3 weeks now) but I am already fascinated of this young man's talents and amazing journey in life. 

As you know, after every Yuzuru performance the rink is covered with Poohs and they are donated to children in the city/country where the competition is held. However, this year it will not be possible to do so and being a mother myself, I think this is a big shame. As you know, this year's Worlds will be held in Stockholm very soon (22-28 March) and I thought that we can change this sad fact into good news for children: my suggestion is to start a donation campaign for a children's hospital in Stockholm. This way children will still be helped, the hospital can provide toys for children and say that they are coming from a great atheletes' fans. 

If this sounds like a good idea and you support it, I will then contact the hospital to learn how we can donate. 

What do you say? Are you in? Can Planet Hanyu make a difference? 

Love and hugs

Senem Gencer 

I don't know how others feel about this, but I think it's a lovely idea and one that Yuzu would smile about (even though he won't be receiving a shower of Poohs which gives him pleasure on so many levels, including being able to give them away.)   I also don't know how you'd go about it, if you are the one wanting to organize it.  Maybe there is a way to GoFundMe such a thing but I've never used that so don't know rules and regulations.  And there maybe a Swedish fan on the Planet who would know of a hospital that could benefit from this.  (For me, I'd like to see it be the donation of hundreds of Poohs, but I suppose there might be greater needs.)

3 minutes ago, barbara said:

I don't know how others feel about this, but I think it's a lovely idea and one that Yuzu would smile about (even though he won't be receiving a shower of Poohs which gives him pleasure on so many levels, including being able to give them away.)   I also don't know how you'd go about it, if you are the one wanting to organize it.  Maybe there is a way to GoFundMe such a thing but I've never used that so don't know rules and regulations.  And there maybe a Swedish fan on the Planet who would know of a hospital that could benefit from this.  (For me, I'd like to see it be the donation of hundreds of Poohs, but I suppose there might be greater needs.)

The thread is here. So, if this hospital is chosen, there would be no GoFundMe.