General Yuzuru Chat

Decoded! Fanyus really are something.

It is apparently this song: 

Edit: If Fanyus are something then Yuzu is that something's overlord. Usually it takes little time for fans to find out his music (SP, FP, EX, or songs he lip-syncs to). This year, tho, it took so long to figure out his competitive music and it needed confirmation from the overlord himself. 

8 時間前, Melodieさんが言いました:

Decoded! Fanyus really are something.

It is apparently this song: 

Edit: If Fanyus are something then Yuzu is that something's overlord. Usually it takes little time for fans to find out his music (SP, FP, EX, or songs he lip-syncs to). This year, tho, it took so long to figure out his competitive music and it needed confirmation from the overlord himself. 

Is this really?

This song was originally released in 1993 by DEEN and was a smash hit.

If it really is, I wonder how it came to Yuzuru as he is totally in a different generation.

The vocalist (Shuichi Ikemori) is said to have recovered his strong voice around his 50's.  

The same song (slightly different) was covered by Sho Uesugi (he wrote the lyrics) of WANDS.  I have this album.

Addition:

Oh, I noticed one thing.  Sho UESUGI :loveshower: 

27 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Is this really?

This song was originally released in 1993 by DEEN and was a smash hit.

If it really is, I wonder how it came to Yuzuru as he is totally in a different generation.

The vocalist (Shuichi Ikemori) is said to have recovered his strong voice around his 50's.  

The same song (slightly different) was covered by Sho Uesugi (he wrote the lyrics) of WANDS.  I have this album.

That seems to be the song in question, yes, altho, as you have pointed out, it may be different ver, say, a cover or live record. 

As for Yuzu, I guess the answer would be because he is a music nerd :)

To be clear: I really hope that Worlds gets cancelled and everyone stays healthy and safe.

However, I just realized that - if it takes place and Yuzu decides to compete - he has the chance to rewrite figure skating history once again.

If he makes the podium (which is absolutely doable for him), he will be the second skater after Jan Hoffmann in men's singles to win 7 medals at the world figure skating championships in the post-war era.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, Veveco said:

As to why things have accentuated in the past week, it's a mix of Nam commenting that he doesn't think worlds is safe, the ISU updating their protocol to make it *more* lax than before (they now include a loop-hole if you test positive, you merely have to show that you were positive in the past before, as if that solved anything... or as if feds haven't been lying for months already, yk *colds and pneumonia*), having skaters sign a waiver that takes the responsibility away from the ISU if anything bad happens, and having no budget for any quarantine while spending money on the production of.... a song... which they proudly tried to promote in one of their most tone-deaf tweets to date. The last one was almost like they were trying to get people angry.

aka "since we know they'll all fail the test, we need to make a loophole so the Russians can still compete". 

Sorry if I sound cynical, but really, is this a problem any other fed is likely to have? They're the ones who've been dropping like flies....

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

aka "since we know they'll all fail the test, we need to make a loophole so the Russians can still compete". 

Sorry if I sound cynical, but really, is this a problem any other fed is likely to have? They're the ones who've been dropping like flies....

Cynicism totally warranted.  I think a dance team just withdrew. And at east one of their top men.  I'm pretty sure that Evgenia (not that she's in the team) will never be able to compete again.  And Anna Kostornaia is seriously ill.  And she's #1 in the world.  I believe that the RusFed thinks of all their skaters as disposable and interchangeable.

The only positive that I can think of the ISU catering to the Russians is that they are somehow favoring them (as opposed to favoring the Americans i.e. NC) so maybe Yuzu will get some fair scoring. 

Sweden is currently have BIG spikes in their numbers and may have to re-think Worlds, but that presumes they were thinking at all.  If Yuzu goes, I would put money on him keeping a massive distance between himself and any of the Russians.

Posting this all over - if the ISU is really interested in having Worlds and having it be safe, they could move it, right now, to Australia.  They just hosted the Australian Open Tennis Tournament (with players from multiple countries).  They even had spectators.  A 14-day quarantine is enforced.  Why Sweden?  Move it someplace safe.

1 minute ago, barbara said:

Posting this all over - if the ISU is really interested in having Worlds and having it be safe, they could move it, right now, to Australia.  They just hosted the Australian Open Tennis Tournament (with players from multiple countries).  They even had spectators.  A 14-day quarantine is enforced.  Why Sweden?  Move it someplace safe.

...after they cancelled 4CC there?