General Yuzuru Chat

This may be the first time for me to see this.  Yuzuru in 2010 when he competed in the Inter Junior High School Meet.

We did not have so many chances to watch performances of juniors on TV at that time as figure skating was (maybe still is?) a minor sport, and not so many channels broadcasting figure skating like today.  I was even surprised by the fact that they filmed this. 

7 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Yeah, this has kinda gone crazy on Twitter. That's one of the reasons why I'm scared of Twt... they sound threatening as they protest, I mean that's the point, but this is a bit too far,,, and most of the people who protest are fanyus. oh my..

:offtopic2:

I've just taken a look at my Twitter account after a week break and I'm a bit in shock tbh.

People have added me to various petition lists and protest campaigns against Worlds without my knowledge or agreement. Of course, I agree with most of the complaints and I'm very worried about the health of the athletes, teams, officials and staff members, but I'd like to build my own opinion and decide myself, which protest movements I want to join or avoid.

I have my doubts that we can reach anything by forcing people into protesting. This can backfire very quickly, especially if we cannot distinguish between calm reasoning and aggressive voicing.

As to why things have accentuated in the past week, it's a mix of Nam commenting that he doesn't think worlds is safe, the ISU updating their protocol to make it *more* lax than before (they now include a loop-hole if you test positive, you merely have to show that you were positive in the past before, as if that solved anything... or as if feds haven't been lying for months already, yk *colds and pneumonia*), having skaters sign a waiver that takes the responsibility away from the ISU if anything bad happens, and having no budget for any quarantine while spending money on the production of.... a song... which they proudly tried to promote in one of their most tone-deaf tweets to date. The last one was almost like they were trying to get people angry.

2 hours ago, leona said:

His federation it's just trying to find a pretext to fuck on him, now even the Olympic Comitee is no ally but most possible an enemy trying to end his career and all of you are just giving all of them the weapons at try to feed your own egos with the fantasy that he is untouchable. When he receives the retaliation for your stupidity, in an ending career bullshit hope you still be with him, but I doubt it. 

Anyway, whatever I walk away I just don't want to see. I will pray for him but all of you truly lack of real love for him. Bye.

Is there some reason you are on this forum?  Your comments are both unwarranted and unwanted here.

5 hours ago, barbara said:

Is there some reason you are on this forum?  Your comments are both unwarranted and unwanted here.

No, no, let them talk. It's starting to be funny.

@leona, btw, I don't know if you realised, but his career is already almost over. You can count on fingers all competitions that left for him.

12 hours ago, Veveco said:

As to why things have accentuated in the past week, it's a mix of Nam commenting that he doesn't think worlds is safe, the ISU updating their protocol to make it *more* lax than before (they now include a loop-hole if you test positive, you merely have to show that you were positive in the past before, as if that solved anything... or as if feds haven't been lying for months already, yk *colds and pneumonia*), having skaters sign a waiver that takes the responsibility away from the ISU if anything bad happens, and having no budget for any quarantine while spending money on the production of.... a song... which they proudly tried to promote in one of their most tone-deaf tweets to date. The last one was almost like they were trying to get people angry.

Do you have the link to the updated protocols?

If that's what ISU wants to do, its very lax compared to the sporting events in the Asia Pacific region(Asia + Australia+ NZ).

In the badminton tournament in Thailand held in Jan 2021 :

1) Must test negative upon entry to Thailand.

2) Quarantine around 7 days before start training.

3) Continued testing every 3 to 4 days throughout the tournament.

4) If one team member tests positive, whole team has to quarantine 10 days even though they tested negative. Happened to team India.

This was later changed to "except the player who test negative". He/she had to compete alone without coach at court side to advise.