General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, liv said:

It's a good picture.

But I can't help but notice the very obvious muscles in his thighs... while I sit here and eat a chocolate eclair....and drink an iced cappuccino (even though it's cold outside) I feel shameful, lol!

Unless you're prepared to do hundreds of squats and lunges a day, don't feel bad. MY muscles ache just thinking about the two decades of hard work it took for him to build that physique.  Chocolate eclairs are so much more enjoyable. 

18 hours ago, TallyT said:

Heading for 15 million views...

I've just watched this gorgeous wonderful masterful commanding performance of Oly Seimei again and I really noticed the speed of his skating ! .... and mine was the 14,777,888th view!

I don't know why but I like that number, it seems significant, a good omen, lucky - hope it's lucky for Yuzuru rather than me, he deserves some luck he really does (mind you so do I !!!)

Happy 3rd Anniversary of your 2nd Olympic title Yuzuru!

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Great news 🙏🙏

This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].

Oh yes, great news! I understand a 7-8 days off-ice period is not too long to recover from? Of course there's also the trauma. :(

@Fay Had I known beforehand that he were to wear a black rock-n-roll costume with 3/4 sleeves, I would have thought "no way"! Indeed he can wear (and with what grace) costumes nobody else could wear. I am so glad (and grateful) he can rely on such a talent for his costumes, and a person with whom he seems to have a very good communication too.

Worlds related for everyone who wants it cancelled - this is a tweet with all the official sponsors shown.  Maybe appealing directly to them (especially those who also sponsor Yuzu) will help have some impact.  Another Russian skater has just withdrawn because he is "ill", though it doesn't say with what.

Hace 2 horas, hananistellata said:

A conversation I had with my ancient Greek tutor during online class yesterday.

Ancient Greek tutor: T

Me: M

T: Who's that guy in your profile picture? [For context, Yuzuru is my profile picture on every social media, even Skype]

M: Oh, that's my favourite athelete.

T: Oooohhhh, the figure skater guy from Japan that you told me about a few months ago, right? What was his name again?

M: *proceeds to send Yuzuru's name in Japanese, romanized and in Greek* Today marks three years since he won his second Olympic gold.

T: Leventis!

In Greece we laventis a strong, young and beautiful man. So maybe a Fanyu auntie in the making? :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

Welcome to Planet Hanyu! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: And good work with your Tutor! Keep us updated if you show her any Yuzu’s performance 😎

1 час назад, Yuzu_legend сказал:

Keep us updated if you show her any Yuzu’s performance

Just today there was an interview with one of our juniors (Russian, Evgeny Semenenko), he was asked:
- Imagine. You have the opportunity to show any one performance to a person who has never been interested in figure skating. What would show him to interest?
He replied:
- Short program for Yuzuru Hanyu in the 2014 Olympic season when he competed in a blue shirt.

And I totally agree with this answer! :)