General Yuzuru Chat

weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404603386883604611#_loginLayer_1613039759928 

InfoStation translated interviews with artists (Shigeru Umebayashi, Ikuko Kawai, ToshI and others) about Zuzuru. Full text available only for weibo users. I'm not. But maybe someone here is and would be able to translate. Better Japanese-Chinese-English translation than nothing.

2 hours ago, zootown said:

Another moment in which I though, can anyone please send him a suit that fits??? I understand this is a team uniform but to make him look so frumpy it takes a special effort, especially when there are so many talented Japanese fashion designers and costume designers

Yuzu's ability to find and blithely appear in suits that do not fit is legendary... :nod2: especially given the care and detail he pays to his on-ice costumes.

4 hours ago, zootown said:

Another moment in which I though, can anyone please send him a suit that fits??? I understand this is a team uniform but to make him look so frumpy it takes a special effort, especially when there are so many talented Japanese fashion designers and costume designers

He did seem to have a suit that was tailored for him last year - up until that suit, he was always looking like he was wearing someone elses suit.  I' sure those legs and thighs and tiny waist don't fit anything standard.

1 hour ago, leona said:

I have a guilty confession

Hide contents

Yesterday and today, I was calm since I understood that the lack of news means that he and his family are alright, but for some reason suddenly I'm nervous. Is totally understable that he did not send any messages because the priority and attention must be on the others that are suffering, but the truth it's I'm worried. At same time I feel guilty of be celebrating FGW while I don't know if he is suffering. I hope he doesn't think that we are ignoring the pain of his and his people because we are not. And I feel more guilty of write this because I don't want to give the impression of any kind of pressure for a message of him, because it must be a very difficult time right now for him and us/fans and our calm are the least of the important of matters in this moment.  In conclusion, I'm a bit of a mess in this instant and I hate when the only thing I can do for other it's pray. So Hanyu if you read this later, It's fine think in your own wellbeing first, we are always here to support you, anytime. It's our job to worry about you so don't worry about us.

I feel you. It's fine- I'm worried and guilty for celebrating the week too, but I hope that it can bring good memories back especially at this crucial time of his.:64341262: Its fine cause yes what we can only do now is pray- we can do donations when they're open. *pats head*

21 hours ago, Anni said:

Happy Anniversary to first Olympic gold medal :cheer:

This is supposed to be a commemorative story about Yuzuru Hanyu, so why would they spoil it by adding the unnecessary line at the end?

"Changing of the guard at the World Figure Skating Championships in Milan as..."

An unfinished sentence with no story following it and Yuzu was not even there.

When I saw this, I thought WTF? Why is this here?

15 hours ago, zootown said:

I wonder whether Shoma was walking around with a Japanese team blazer with sleeves that were too long? Maybe the JSF mixed up their jackets...

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I wonder whether Shoma was walking around with a Japanese team blazer with sleeves that were too long? Maybe the JSF mixed up their jackets...

I don't think Shoma was on the Sochi team, but my recollection of Pyeongchang is certainly of Shoma simply swimming in his team clothes...

18 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't think Shoma was on the Sochi team, but my recollection of Pyeongchang is certainly of Shoma simply swimming in his team clothes...

You’re absolutely right! I was mistakenly thinking of Yuzu entering the arrival lobby of Incheon International Airport with a phalanx of security guards while self-consciously trying to shorten his arms because the sleeves of his blazer were way too short.

Wrong Olympics! Sorry!