General Yuzuru Chat

My prayers to all the people affected by yesterday's earthquake. I don't even dare to imagine how it must have been like, especially so late at night with no electricity in winter. Also, with the horrible memories of 3-11 in mind, so close to the sad 10 year anniversary... I hope that Yuzu and his family are alright.

Please stay safe everyone :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I want to be positive and celebrate this anniversary of Yuzuru's first gold Oly medal, I do, but I cant help worrying about how he is today, after the shock of another big earthquake, he will be worrying about everyone I have no doubt, but also about the rink, and feeling guilty probably that he is worrying about the rink and potentially worlds and where he is going to train etc. I know I am just guessing, but it makes celebration harder as I wonder whether he will be able to enjoy this day at all or even give any thought to those memories. 150 people injured I just read in the Japan Times, 2 seriously. Also, some people in Miyagi as well as Fukushima have had to be evacuated to evacuation centres. Just so awful for everyone, I cannot imagine how traumatic it must be with 2011 memories and ongoing reconstruction still at the forefront of Tohoku's (and Japan's) collective mind. 

EDIT: I dont mean others shouldn't enjoy the Oly memories though! Plus I know Japan and it's people including Yuzuru are strong, and will of course get through this as well.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:28 PM, Glory said:

One of my favorite moments of the 2018 Olympics!  

Another moment in which I though, can anyone please send him a suit that fits??? I understand this is a team uniform but to make him look so frumpy it takes a special effort, especially when there are so many talented Japanese fashion designers and costume designers