General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just realised that there is an exhibition gala planned at Worlds in Stockholm... Personally, I have zero understanding for holding an opening ceremony, gala and closing banquet in the middle of a pandemic. The competition itself is risky enough.

However, if Worlds really happened and Yuzu decided to compete there, I somehow have the feeling that he would skate to Requiem in the gala.

It's been 10 years since 3-11 and... I don't know how to describe it... "Requiem of Heaven and Earth" feels like an echo of his new free "Heaven and Earth".

Also, with no audience there would be a rare opportunity... an atmosphere of silence to remember the victims of 3-11.

What do you think?

You're making me cry.

The day is coming, exactly four weeks from today and we have the 10th anniversary of what Yuzu calls the most traumatic day in his life, the great earthquake and tsunami.  I'm sure in Japan there are going to be many commemorative events that day and Yuzu will almost certainly be participating, given the history of his involvement with the recovery efforts there.  With Worlds just a few weeks later I think the mental pressures on Yuzu must be ever-increasing in intensity.  We all should keep these things in mind in the coming days.  Also, exactly one year from now we will be in the middle of Beijing 2022 and there is a good chance by that time we will know whether Yuzu has won his third Olympic gold or not (depending on when the figure-skating is scheduled).  I know that for so long Beijing seemed like a distant vision but realize that for Beijing 2022 we are now in the final countdown.

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just realised that there is an exhibition gala planned at Worlds in Stockholm... Personally, I have zero understanding for holding an opening ceremony, gala and closing banquet in the middle of a pandemic. The competition itself is risky enough.

However, if Worlds really happened and Yuzu decided to compete there, I somehow have the feeling that he would skate to Requiem in the gala.

It's been 10 years since 3-11 and... I don't know how to describe it... "Requiem of Heaven and Earth" feels like an echo of his new free "Heaven and Earth".

Also, with no audience there would be a rare opportunity... an atmosphere of silence to remember the victims of 3-11.

What do you think?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. And if he does, there will be tears all over the world but especially in Japan. The emotional nuances and expressiveness he brings to everything, intensified by the anniversary and his own memories...

Mind you, he may also decide to go for something more uplifting and hopeful.

The anniversary will be hard on all affected, but Yuzuru has always been one of the focal points in Japan for the memories and honouring of that terrible event, I hope he has good emotional support around him if - as I suspect will happen - many Japanese look to him on the day.

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

What do you think?

I won't pretend it cannot be spared, but I don't think we have to worry either.

Sweden must be the European kingdom most prone to great dinners with all the trimmings, and every event has to have one, sometimes like for Worlds in the great Nobel Prize dining room.
But with CoViD I understand they implement special measures and for instance, each guest has his Plexiglas cage (relying on automatic translation, I confess, if someone could confirm...) I foretell something rather boring but safe.

Unlike the Rostelecom Cup one.

I love your idea for Exhibition. But we can rely on him to surprise us if he wants.

And with your and TallyT's comments, I wonder if we will have a "white wall" on 3/11, such a sad but important anniversary to him.

20 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I won't pretend it cannot be spared, but I don't think we have to worry either.

Sweden must be the European kingdom most prone to great dinners with all the trimmings, and every event has to have one, sometimes like for Worlds in the great Nobel Prize dining room.
But with CoViD I understand they implement special measures and for instance, each guest has his Plexiglas cage (relying on automatic translation, I confess, if someone could confirm...) I foretell something rather boring but safe.

Unlike the Rostelecom Cup one.

I love your idea for Exhibition. But we can rely on him to surprise us if he wants.

And with your and TallyT's comments, I wonder if we will have a "white wall" on 3/11, such a sad but important anniversary to him.

Honestly I hope they don't serve meals in a group setting (plexiglass doesn't do much if you're in an enclosed room for long periods of time) at all. I believe at Skate America food was brought to each persons room and they had to eat in their rooms by themselves (which is what I hope they're doing if Worlds happens).

Personally I don't think it's necessary to have an exhibition during a pandemic, but I hope they do away with group skates and just do individual/pair/dance teams - and no live singers please!

Happy third anniversary of the First Olympic Practice of the Millennium! 

The best comment under the video as far as I am concerned: “As a beginner in figure skating, this is actually very helpful. Finally some beautiful single jump footage to learn from”.