General Yuzuru Chat

18 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Also what about our hearts and hairs?? Heart & hair transplant business will be booming...the power of hanyuconomy :68468287:

You have nerves and hair left? Mine deserted me after that GPF practice in Torino...you know the one...and now nothing he does can scare me any more

2 hours ago, avt said:

The last sentence of his bio's changes; finally it has been recognized by ISU.

EDIT:

• So Yuzu is an official fulltime athlete now oha :68468287:
  • Who is Shoitirou Tuzuki?
  • Ten to chi to has no composer. In other words: accoring to the ISU the music basically fell from Heaven to Earth.
  • They're still ignoring Plu-san as his idol lol.
  • Also, it sounds weird to mention the 300 point bareer only, when he's been the first to surpass the 100 in the short and 200 in the free as well.

But hey, it's a start.

56 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

EDIT:

• So Yuzu is an official fulltime athlete now oha :68468287:
  • Ten to chi to has no composer. In other words: accoring to the ISU the music basically fell from Heaven to Earth.
  • They're still ignoring Plu-san as his idol lol.
  • Also, it sounds weird to mention the 300 point bareer only, when he's been the first to surpass the 100 in the short and 200 in the free as well.

But hey, it's a start.

They also ignore Pooh-san as his presential coach.

By the way, are there/were there other officially full-time (amateur) skaters?

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Aren't there in some cases different ways you can write someone's name? For example Shun can be also Syun, but this is still the same name.

Or the ultimate question if 吉田陽菜 means Yoshida Hana or Yoshida Hanna?

But maybe I'm mistaken.😅

4 hours ago, avt said:

The last sentence of his bio's changes; finally it has been recognized by ISU.

This kinda makes me want him to go and win Beijing just so that they would have less reason to name an american in his Bio.

9 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Aren't there in some cases different ways you can write someone's name? For example Shun can be also Syun, but this is still the same name.

Or the ultimate question if 吉田陽菜 means Yoshida Hana or Yoshida Hanna?

But maybe I'm mistaken.😅

Yeah, but Tuzuki and Tsuzuki (the 's' isn't silent) sound literally different. So do Shoitirou and Shoichiro. Shun - Syun, and Hana - Hanna sound phonetically similar.

2 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

This kinda makes me want him to go and win Beijing just so that they would have less reason to name an american in his Bio.

Yeah, but Tuzuki and Tsuzuki (the 's' isn't silent) sound literally different. So do Shoitirou and Shoichiro. Shun - Syun, and Hana - Hanna sound phonetically similar.

Why mention Johnny Weir at all?  Ich.  The skater he admired most was/is Plushenko, but there's no need to mention him either.

47 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

They also ignore Pooh-san as his presential coach.

By the way, are there/were there other officially full-time (amateur) skaters?

Unless someone is still in school, which would make them students, they would be full-time amateur skaters. Even those who are taking time off from college (such as Vincent Zhou) still have student as their profession.  I love that Roman is a professional YouTuber.

30 minutes ago, barbara said:

I love that Roman is a professional YouTuber.

Does it actually say that in his ISU bio? Also, Roman's a bit unique in that he didn't enroll in university straight out of high school, just dove in to skating, coaching little kids, and YouTubing. Definitely not the Canadian norm anymore. University or college have almost become the default thing to do.