General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, holina said:

Oh yay!  I watched it last night twice before I went to bed - first time to look at him being cute commentating the program, second time to watch the actual skating 🥰

I watched it last night too :)

So cute when he laughs plus the program is awesome!

Completely off topic, no Yuzu and no FS related (maybe a little, at the end) but I'm telling everyone I come across, because... I'm that annoying.

But yesterday, after being made redundant from my job back in November, I finally found a new opportunity. I was so worried, just like everyone else. The London job market is really tough right now because of how high unemployment rate is, so getting a job has been almost mission impossible for a lot of my ex-colleagues (which are 700+ by the way).

I myself had to decide to look for something out of London, which means from mid-February I will be living in Manchester (and having to drive to Sheffield for the closest ice rink :sadPooh:). Also got my ego boosted with how badly the hiring manager wanted to hire me :peace:

31 minutes ago, Fay said:

There are no skating rinks in Manchester? Oh my... 

As far as I could tell no. Maybe there is someone on the Planet from that area who could say for sure but I googled it and all ice rinks seems to be working during Christmas season only. I just re-checked again and there seems to be one, but instead of having Manchester in its name it has Altrincham so maybe that's why I didn't think there was.

Anyway.

Yuzu. He's in hiding again. I've worn out the H&E video so many times that I think 25% of those 2m views are mine. I can even say I know every beat of the music piece as well as my favourite song.

4 hours ago, rodica said:

I just found an interesting material on youtube that explains the history of Heaven and Earth and I think it would be interesting to watch

I am disappointed with this video.  It does describe in great detail the famous 4th battle of Kawanakajima, but completely misses the narrative about Kenshin's struggle between his decision to "leave the world", i.e. enter the world of Buddhist monk, and the need to fight a "righteous war".   Kenshin thrived on fighting but also struggled mightily with the suffering caused by war.  The sound of Biwa in the music represents Kenshin's conscience and reflections as he whirls through the endless fighting and winds of war.   The FS is not about re-enacting the battle of Kawanakajima, and it's very misleading to have this video present it as just another typical glorified battle scene.   

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I am disappointed with this video.  It does describe in great detail the famous 4th battle of Kawanakajima, but completely misses the narrative about Kenshin's struggle between his decision to "leave the world", i.e. enter the world of Buddhist monk, and the need to fight a "righteous war".   Kenshin thrived on fighting but also struggled mightily with the suffering caused by war.  The sound of Biwa in the music represents Kenshin's conscience and reflections as he whirls through the endless fighting and winds of war.   The FS is not about reacting the battle of Kawanakajima, and it's very misleading to have this video present it as just another typical glorified battle scene.   

Thanks for the review!