General Yuzuru Chat

39 minutes ago, barbara said:

This version or a different one?

Yes, it's this version. My counter is at 1.987.792 at the moment. It's a bit odd that you can only find the video via YouTube search, if you use the Kanji writing of his name. I'm sure, the view numbers would be much higher, if the title contained the Romaji transcription as well and the video provided English subs.

EDIT: The good news is that FNN is a verified channel, where videos usually do not get deleted. So we have hope that this version of H&E will stay with all clicks, likes and comments (even if I can't read 99% of them). 

The version with the second highest view numbers (currently +350K) is this one, but the comment section is turned off:

On 1/23/2021 at 3:30 PM, fyere0 said:

So.....Jeff and Yuzu were looking for a piano piece but didn't find one that clicked.....?

4uzdz1.jpg

If I used Instagram or Twitter I would spam Jeff with this :( 

It has all the strong points of Chopin that fit Yuzu's style except it's not Chopin! It's lyrical, delicate, with a memorable motif, building to a powerful, majestic and musically sophisticated climax before shifting into a major key for a gentle and beautifully lingering ending! It sounds like delicate little birds escaping their cage and fluttering up to the heavens! It would thematically go with Heaven and Earth as a set even though they're musically different! It's easily editable into SP length! It would send Russian judges into swoons of delight! IT SOUNDS LIKE THE BACK OF HIS FS COSTUME LOOKS!!

OK, I'll stop. :headdesk:

What a wonderful piece of music! Thank you for sharing v-v 

It'll go right beside my other favorite lark piece, The lark ascending by Ralph Vaughan Williams as the piece i would do anything for Yuzu to skate to T - T 

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, it's this version. My counter is at 1.987.792 at the moment. It's a bit odd that you can only find the video via YouTube search, if you use the Kanji writing of his name. I'm sure, the view numbers would be much higher, if the title contained the Romaji transcription as well and the video provided English subs.

EDIT: The good news is that FNN is a verified channel, where videos usually do not get deleted. So we have hope that this version of H&E will stay with all clicks, likes and comments (even if I can't read 99% of them). 

Maybe Planet Hanyu should provide a link to this site on its Twitter feed, with an English explanation of the contet of this vidoe (Yuzu's review of his own FS performance)? Perhaps  or one of the administrators could do this...?  That would give better access for non-Japanese viewers.  Comments (mostly Japanese) are interesting.  I might translate some of them later. 

Off Topic: 

Spoiler

I find FujiTV frustrating - it's is one of the most conservative and Japan-centric among the Japanese TV stations.  It's too bad that they have the rights to Worlds and JNats.  I only go for iSakura or FOD during the weeks World or JNats to access live programming.  For the rest of the time, I have regular subscription for ForJoy to access all the other Japanese TV channels. I don't miss Fuji stations. 

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The version with the second highest view numbers (currently +350K) is this one, but the comment section is turned off:

Thanks to our @kiches for always putting up quality video streams!  

I started turning off comments to all my Youtube videos after some fancam videos I uploaded got some comments in another language that didn't seem very nice - figure this way I didn't have to police comments this way either.

I do know that a lot of Youtube uploads from other accounts for Japanese Nationals were taken down by copyright violations so I'm hoping my uploads can stay below the radar. I'm somewhat surprised they're still up on Youtube so crossing my fingers they're okay for the long run, but at least we have the FNN upload which is an actual legitimate media source.

Further reflections on the imagery created by Yuzu's performance of "Ten to Chi to" from an article about the composer Tomita Isao:  

"冨田としては、台本を読んだりシリーズの内容を聞いたりするだけでなく、この仕事に入る前に出かけた世界一周旅行の途上、越後から日本海、さらにはシベリアあたりまで延々と続く雪雲を見たり、帰国後に実際に越後に赴いた体験から、「雪の降りしきるなか毘沙門天のお堂から上杉謙信の弾く琵琶の音が聞こえてくる」というイメージをふくらませていた。テーマ曲もそれにもとづいてつくったものだ."

My translation: 

"Tomita not only read the script and listened to the contents of the (Taiga) series, but before starting on his work (musical composition) he took a trip around the world (and took the opportunity [probably from the air flight over Japan]) to observe the banks of snow clouds stretching from Echigo to the Sea of Japan and even across to Siberia.  After returning to Japan, he actually visited Echigo region and from these experiences he developed the following vision:  "A continuous heavy snowfall through which  - emanating from the Bishamonten Temple - resonated the vibrant sound of Biwa played by Uesugi Kenshin".   The theme music for 'Ten to Chi to' was created based on that vision."

Original article in Japanese:

https://www.excite.co.jp/news/article/E1464485330099/?p=4

In another article, there was a reference to the sound of Biwa played by Lord Kenshin that could be heard on Sado Island (just across the Japan Sea).  Deep snow and misty clouds muffle all the surrounding sounds - even the rattling noise of a bloody battle - yet the vibrant voice of Biwa can cut through this heavy blanket of silence and pierce the soul.  This seems to be reflected in the flowing movements and mood of the H&E Free Program.  

Image source:  https://rolingwest.exblog.jp/10530335/
Winterscape in rural town in Niigata - Minami Uonuma 

8LtwASu.jpg

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I can't even begin to imagine how Yuzu would translate this to the ice, but I'm sure he'd make it look incredible. 

Yuzu mentioned watching Miko-mai as a hint for his performance of H&E, so in a way he has already incorporated some of the ideas into this program.  The choreosequence where he whirls around before the mid-program pause did remind me of Miko-mai movements.  

3 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Yuzu mentioned watching Miko-mai as a hint for his performance of H&E, so in a way he has already incorporated some of the ideas into this program.  The choreosequence where he whirls around before the mid-program pause did remind me of Miko-mai movements.  

Ah, I see. I was trying to imagine him doing the full dance, at that tempo, rather than his usual speed, on ice. 

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

Further reflections on the imagery created by Yuzu's performance of "Ten to Chi to" from an article about the composer Tomita Isao:  

"冨田としては、台本を読んだりシリーズの内容を聞いたりするだけでなく、この仕事に入る前に出かけた世界一周旅行の途上、越後から日本海、さらにはシベリアあたりまで延々と続く雪雲を見たり、帰国後に実際に越後に赴いた体験から、「雪の降りしきるなか毘沙門天のお堂から上杉謙信の弾く琵琶の音が聞こえてくる」というイメージをふくらませていた。テーマ曲もそれにもとづいてつくったものだ."

My translation: 

"Tomita not only read the script and listened to the contents of the (Taiga) series, but before starting on his work (musical composition) he took a trip around the world (and took the opportunity [probably from the air flight over Japan]) to observe the banks of snow clouds stretching from Echigo to the Sea of Japan and even across to Siberia.  After returning to Japan, he actually visited Echigo region and from these experiences he developed the following vision:  "A continuous heavy snowfall through which  - emanating from the Bishamonten Temple - resonated the vibrant sound of Biwa played by Uesugi Kenshin".   The theme music for 'Ten to Chi to' was created based on that vision."

Original article in Japanese:

https://www.excite.co.jp/news/article/E1464485330099/?p=4

In another article, there was a reference to the sound of Biwa played by Lord Kenshin that could be heard on Sado Island (just across the Japan Sea).  Deep snow and misty clouds muffle all the surrounding sounds - even the rattling noise of a bloody battle - yet the vibrant voice of Biwa can cut through this heavy blanket of silence and pierce the soul.  This seems to be reflected in the flowing movements and mood of the H&E Free Program.  

Image source:  https://rolingwest.exblog.jp/10530335/
Winterscape in rural town in Niigata - Minami Uonuma 

8LtwASu.jpg

Oddly, This is very reminiscent of western Massachusetts in the winter, though these are less weathered mountain tops.

48 minutes ago, barbara said:

Oddly, This is very reminiscent of western Massachusetts in the winter, though these are less weathered mountain tops.

Those clouds are hiding the tall, sharp peaks. The mountains of Echigo are foreboding, dark and dangerous, not gentle slopes.  At least, that is the image that I have -- being from the Kanto plains on the gentle Pacific coast -- of those northern snow-capped mountains bounded by the angry, stormy Japan Sea.  It's a rugged, unforgiving country, where Lord Kenshin comes from.    

10 時間前, Umebachiさんが言いました:

Just IMO, he might have incorporated some kind of "間 ma " as well as the movements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_(negative_space)

I remember the talks between Yuzuru and NOMURA Mansai.  

29 minutes ago, Anni said:

The video reached today 2 million views  :smiley-happy105:
current 2.002.048

Oh yay!  I watched it last night twice before I went to bed - first time to look at him being cute commentating the program, second time to watch the actual skating 🥰