General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, Melodie said:

he hopes that the kids can also understand the theoretical methods of music composition like Yuzu does.

Yuzu really is an all-in performer. If he made movies, he'd be the kind of director who does his own screenwriting,  cinematography and editing.

7 hours ago, LadyLou said:

because even if they were trashbag pants with mismatched but cool shirt I can imagine audeince would have been LOUD...)

6 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't let him hear you say they're mismatched. We're likely to get a trashbag shirt. *struggles to unsee*

:kitty:  :crazyshit:  :darklordyuzu:

**ahem!** Excuse you, but they are not  "trashbag pants" anymore. Because of the superlative job they've done in LMEY delineating every inch of Yuzu's  amazing leg lines with gleaming reflections of the arena lights, this sublime garment is a 'trashbag' no longer! Hats off and a moment's acknowledgement for our new costume best friends, the Gleaming Pants of Ascension, or GPOA.:surprised_pikachu:

Because how could a humble satellite fail to ascend to heaven, upon observing Yuzu's  gorgeous gams swathed in slick black fabric that clings like sweet on sugar? :peach:

21 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

What I find particularly outstanding is the beauty of the movements of the upper body. The way he stands, the way he moves his body up and down, etc., are all wonderful, (snip), his body is well controlled" (Akane Takada, on "Ballade No. 1").

In a novel I have been writing the main character who is a very young world class ballet dancer, expresses his goal as a performer - He gestures with his hand sweeping down his body from head to toe - "I want to make my body sing".  That perfectly describes Yuzu's pursuit of perfection.

3 minutes ago, micaelis said:

"I want to make my body sing".  That perfectly describes Yuzu's pursuit of perfection.

Yuzu is that type of skater, if you mute the music, you can recreate the notes from his body movements.

I just have to see 3-5 seconds of a practice run-through - no music, no costume, just his black training gear - and I can tell which program it is. It doesn't even have to be the step sequence, just a random part of the choreo.

His movements are so characteristic in their vibe, expression, energy and speed that they translate almost 1:1 into the music piece.

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yuzu is that type of skater, if you mute the music, you can recreate the notes from his body movements.

I just have to see 3-5 seconds of a practice run-through - no music, no costume, just his black training gear - and I can tell which program it is. It doesn't even have to be the step sequence, just a random part of the choreo.

His movements are so characteristic in their vibe, expression, energy and speed that they translate almost 1:1 into the music piece.

Often, my impression is that the music is skating. 

:10636614::10636614::10636614::10636614::10636614::10636614::10636614::10636614:

15 hours ago, Henni147 said:

His movements are so characteristic in their vibe, expression, energy and speed that they translate almost 1:1 into the music piece

Even when you haven't actually heard the piece yet. You can tell what the music's like by looking at him. The first time I saw Change was with the sound muted and it was obvious what kind of music it was anyway.

So.....Jeff and Yuzu were looking for a piano piece but didn't find one that clicked.....?

4uzdz1.jpg

If I used Instagram or Twitter I would spam Jeff with this :( 

It has all the strong points of Chopin that fit Yuzu's style except it's not Chopin! It's lyrical, delicate, with a memorable motif, building to a powerful, majestic and musically sophisticated climax before shifting into a major key for a gentle and beautifully lingering ending! It sounds like delicate little birds escaping their cage and fluttering up to the heavens! It would thematically go with Heaven and Earth as a set even though they're musically different! It's easily editable into SP length! It would send Russian judges into swoons of delight! IT SOUNDS LIKE THE BACK OF HIS FS COSTUME LOOKS!!

OK, I'll stop. :headdesk: