General Yuzuru Chat

I think he could bring 4Lz into LEMY since the feeling of the jump fits with the tempo and rhythm of the music.  But not for HE, which requires edge jumps to create the feeling of flowing through.  In this context, 4A would potentially be a good opening jump for HE since the program starts with the intense "in the midst of battle" choreography and the quick build up to the first jump would fit well within that narrative.  This will certainly give a tremendous "wow" factor, and for the rest of the program he can rely on edge jumps to calm the nerves and gently waft his way toward the ending, which again ends with that sudden dramatic pose.  The breathing spaces during the program will also allow his energies to be conserved after the dramatic start, to maintain the continuous flow of energy.  Let us see if he can build up his strengths to make this happen next year...       

3 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

As to the comment by Hagio Moto about Yuzuru that I posted about earlier, it seems the comment was actually made in 2016.

It was her answer when she was asked who she thought was a beautiful boy.  She said;

"Alain Delon, Al Pacino, as I'm old-fashioned"

"SMAP (Kimura Takuya)"

"Yuzuru Hanyu is like a miracle.  I cannot believe he really exists."  

https://ameblo.jp/minminmin-vync/entry-12648122560.html

Translation:

"After seeing Yuzuru Hanyu's aesthetic performance on the ice about the movie based on the novel written by Yumemakura Baku, who was enthralled by the aesthetic world of the manga drawn by Hagio Moto, Hagio said, "Yuzuru Hanyu is like a miracle." It's very good to feel the world is all connected."

Anyway, as I found the videos of the NHK program this time in 100 minutes, for those who are interested.

The man on the left who is talking enthusiastically about Hagio Moto is Yumemakura Baku who is the author of the novel "Onmyoji".

No.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRzUwdblAd0

No.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6nfKzZdGRk

No.3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61uixuf1ff8

No.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwqHs0x29Og

This is a bit off-topic, but that 100 minute program on NHK Educational TV was terrific and profound - and dealt with all kinds of socially difficult topics, and how Hagio Muto pushed the boundaries of cultural and ethical moraes.   I hope NHK will translate this program for their international broadcasts.  It's too long and complex for amateur translators to handle... 

To bring it back to topic, I think this shows how much Yuzu's performances and human qualities are beginning to become part of the Japanese social and cultural fabric.  So many artists and writers are reflecting on his performance and are being inspired by them.  And he is continuing to widen and deepen the scope of his artistic expression.  I hope he will continue to do so for the rest of his life and be embraced by people around the world.     

6 hours ago, monchan said:

Small notice in his A spin

Jnats is only his first outing of H&E, I'm sure Yuzu is finding ways to improve difficulty. Reading from his interview I feel he's thinking of adding 4A to this program.

waiiit i used to hate this spin but it actually looks pretty good now!! wow yuzu, way to always be stepping it up

So many Japanese frontline healthcare workers are responding to Yuzu's message of encouragement with gratitude.  This tweet is transmitting the message from a hospital worker who has taken care of the OP.  The hospital worker says - To Hanyu-senshu, We have received your message.  From the Frontline. Thank you.  In this time of suffering we should be working closely together, let us join our efforts for the future of Japan.

On 1/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, Geo1 said:

I think that it's a good thing. It will result in cleaner jumps and more competitive performances. He doesn't get rewarded for doing extra anyway.

100% agree, especially after what I saw a certain pairs-skater-turned-coach-turned-judge post on Twitter one time about Yuzu's StSeqs sometimes being 'messy'.... :scratch3:  It dawned on me after watching him live a few times that the judges must be mistaking Yuzu's high complexity of skating as something else. So I personally think it's very much to Yuzu's advantage to pull back a little. 

But it grinds my gears that his full brilliance doesn't get appreciated...

9 hours ago, Umebachi said:

In one of his post Jnats interviews, Yuzu stated that he did not include flip or lutz in HE because they did not fit the choreography, which called for edge jumps. For example, after the 3A2T, he thought about other types of jumps but 3Lo felt the most appropriate to create the feeling of the flow - that I mentioned above.  At least for this performance at Jnats, he chose the jumps not to *water down* or to *avoid risks* but for the artistry and to create the feeling of one-ness.  

Oh that why he didn't jump any lutz or flip.For me the programs now perfect as it is but in order to win against Nathan do u guys think he need to add another quad(quad lutz)maybe?But i dont see its fit /go with the flow of the program now.Or he can skates as it is now and go for clean jumps and higher goe(if they will give him)?

10 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

yeah to add I think the impression that H&E doesnt have high/need higher bv is given by jsf judging thank you very much. Let's say he was awarded correctly, he could have scored well over 330 for his two clean performances and no one would have thought about the need to up the bv. And I dont think that would be a national inflated score either. He usually scores 110+ internationally with a clean short and a 4 quad 2 triple axel free should put him in the 220+ if fair. The fact that jsf did this to him sends a message to isu that they dont support him and that's what going to push him to do unnecessary suicidal layout at international competition to stay competitive against nathan. 

eta re 4A:

I feel conflicted about this element. on one hand it would be nice to see Yuzu land it, no matter where no matter how well. it is his ultimate dream. I want him to retire fulfilled, happy, done with the sport and this circus. I know when he has set his eyes on something he will go for it no matter how little reward it gets. i want him to do something for himself, not for anyone else.

But on the other hand, I dont think it is possible to land 4a without losing a competiton. this element has only been a stumbling block for him. I didnt care the first two seasons but now that its already his 3rd season post pc and knowing he does have intention of going to beijing if possible, i am starting to dislike this snake.

I feel like its best if Yuzu could just make up his decision now rather than later whether he will continue to train for it or not.  By assessing the current situation, with where Yuzu stand in terms of scoring, the risk seems almost silly. Between winning vs training for 4a, he can only choose one. His past two seasons told me that training for 4a isnt worth it -- his other jumps get affected, he injured more, he lost opportunity to focus on the 4lz and 4loop, and lost consistency throughout each performance which means his goe and pcs go down. I would rather he spends those time to train for other jumps/combos like 4lz and 4loop, 4lz3t, 4t eu 3flip so he could land them together more consistently. The chance of him landing a 4lz in the short, as risky as it sounds, is still far more possible than the 4a in the free. I feel like for the past two seasons, this trial and error period with the 4a has only been detrimental. I think he had planned to do 4a for origin at first but only switched to training for 4lz again after 18/19 season. I hope he puts the idea of 4a in the back burner until after beijing so he could be 100% focused on training to skate clean without the 4a. To me winning beijing means much more than landing a 4a. And i dont buy that he can have both. But ultimately Yuzu is Yuzu and he will decide what he knows is best for him.

4a is  his dream and long term goal and what keeping him motivated to skate now based on his interview.Like u said mayb he can try that after beijing (if he wants to go to the olympic)and after that lands the 4a in any isu comp to get ratified

14 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Anybody wants to play the game? :biggrin:

(I am admittedly at loss)

Spoiler

A - aaaaah, I never remember, media day17?

B - feels like GP 2018

C - idk, but probably he is the youngest here, maybe GPF16 gala practice?

D - CoR17

E - media day18

F - WTT17

G - hmmm, ANA jacket, so maybe JNats19?

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

Anybody wants to play the game? :biggrin:

(I am admittedly at loss)

That's so hard..... :59227c768286a__s:

Spoiler

OK.

ANA jackets only replace Team Japan jackets at Nats or on TCC media day. G looks like 2020. E can't be 2019 because he didn't have media day and Nats was in the winter with no green leaves, so it must be 2018.

D looks like 2017 to me.

The TCC sweatshirt in A shows up at ice show practices and I don't think he wore it as early as 2014. It didn't appear for a while and then appeared again at Ciontu rehearsals, I think. But I already have 2018 filled so it could be 2015 or 2016. He didn't do ice shows summer 2016 but he did one at the beginning of the year.

B is deceptive because he looks older due to the angle but his haircut looks younger. He does look quite thin so maybe later in the season. 

C, that's a shirt we haven't seen lately and the poor boy looks a bit tired. Combined with his fluffy hair it might be 2014 and the summer of too many ice shows.

F is another deceptive one because his muscles look built up in that shot but his face and hair look younger again. The shirt also has a little label on the bottom and none of his shirts have had that recently. His chin scar also looks sort of dark/fresh or maybe still with a bandage on it :( 

I will guess:

C, F, A, D, E, B, G