General Yuzuru Chat

Still feeling like I'm in the dream of his FS, Ten to Chi to :girlsigh: 

As I came to know that he used the opening music of Shin Heike Monogatari (New Tale of the Heike) too, I'm now thinking of the famous opening verse of the epics "The Tale of the Heike."  Yuzuru can easily put me in some kind of poetic mood and give me a chance to be thoughtful (for some time  :P ).

祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響き有り。 沙羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰の理を顯す。 驕れる者も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢の如し。 猛き者も遂には滅びぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

Gionshōja no kane no koe, Shogyōmujō no hibiki ari. Sarasōju no hana no iro, Jōshahissui no kotowari wo arawasu. Ogoreru mono mo hisashikarazu, tada haru no yo no yume no gotoshi. Takeki mono mo tsui ni wa horobin(u), hitoeni kaze no mae no chiri ni onaji.

The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.

-- Chapter 1.1, Helen Craig McCullough's translation

This was chanted accompanied by the play of Biwa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUVT8sas6g

6 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

As I came to know that he used the opening music of Shin Heike Monogatari (New Tale of the Heike) too, I'm now thinking of the famous opening verse of the epics "The Tale of the Heike."  Yuzuru can easily put me in some kind of poetic mood and give me a chance to be thoughtful (for some time  :P ).

祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響き有り。 沙羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰の理を顯す。 驕れる者も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢の如し。 猛き者も遂には滅びぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

Gionshōja no kane no koe, Shogyōmujō no hibiki ari. Sarasōju no hana no iro, Jōshahissui no kotowari wo arawasu. Ogoreru mono mo hisashikarazu, tada haru no yo no yume no gotoshi. Takeki mono mo tsui ni wa horobin(u), hitoeni kaze no mae no chiri ni onaji.

The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.

Somehow today this verse seems especially apropos.

Well, I don't have a proper editor right now, but that could NOT stop me from creating this small video.

The lyrics of the song make me very emotional every time I listen to them and I feel that most of the lines resonate very much with Yuzu's life and career, too...

EDIT: I've experimented with some standard animations and the rain worked surprisingly well with the overall mood of the video. So I uploaded another version of the clip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRMAOe-Pi4jwjCynjrg6jxEZ4GGimBCr/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUVT8sas6g

Thank you for sharing!!  The biwa performance captures the emotion perfectly.  The tragic stories around Heike Monogatari are my earliest memories from home. I hope some day that he will get to perform Yoshitsune, especially the famous battle with Banken on the Gojo Bridge. 

That feeling of sadness followed by peaceful resolve pervades Hanyu-senshu’s free program. 

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Well, I don't have a proper editor right now, but that could NOT stop me from creating this small video.

The lyrics of the song make me very emotional every time I listen to them and I feel that most of the lines resonate very much with Yuzu's life and career, too...

EDIT: I've experimented with some standard animations and the rain worked surprisingly well with the overall mood of the video. So I uploaded another version of the clip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRMAOe-Pi4jwjCynjrg6jxEZ4GGimBCr/view?usp=sharing

this is so soft and beautiful. thanks for sharing :crybaby:

I appreciate this description by the OP: "Even at the moment of landing his jump, his expression remains in character as though Lord Kenshin had possessed him, with his eyes brimming with sorrow.  He doesn't go off character and say, 'Yahooy, I did the jump!' - that is genuine concentration!"

14 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Has this been shared? Two male fanyus gushing over Yuzu's new programs (Yuzu's part from 16:18~21:40):

Thank for posting this

I think that in what concerns the "downgrading of his skating skills" they could only refer to he fact that he did not include 3Flip and 3 Lutz jumps in this free program (since all the jumps he performed were perfect in all aspects-launching, rotation and landing).

So, @Pamigena over on twitter, make this awesome accidental, but then on-purpose, effect filter of Zuzu's costumes:

I, of course, couldn't help but fall in love with all of them. I asked permission to use the Tentochito one for a custom phone case, and here it is under spoiler.
Forgive my showing off:space:

Spoiler

ErNNgmTWMAAWDHB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I used to have a H&L phone case for my old OnePlus X, and have been waiting for a good design for my Pixel 3a. I am so happy!