General Yuzuru Chat

So i showed Yuzu's pictures to my friends and its hard for them to believe that he does not apply any makeup, even though they admit that they didn't even see a single trace of eyeliner being put on.:crazyshit:

oh well how can i explain this to them..........:mischief:

Hace 20 horas, SuzyQ said:

HAGIO Moto (famous mangaka) commented about Yuzuru in the NHK program aired on Jan. 2.

I found this after the broadcast.  Shame on me :facepalm: I'm a big fan of her.

Fortunately they will re-broadcast it on Jan 16th (Sat) 3:00 - 4:40 pm on NHK Educational channel (E-Tele).

It might be a short comment, but I read that she said something like "Yuzuru Hanyu is like a miracle."

https://www.nhk.or.jp/meicho/famousbook/2021special/

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I did not knew she was figure skating fan! Her works are jewels!!.Thank you for share!

6 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Yuzu proving yet again why he's bigger than figure skating. His message nearly made me weep. I sometimes wonder how can such an incredible person exist. A true leader of his sport and beyond. If only the world would follow his footsteps (clearly not, based on the pictures from that ice show with a filled audience and skaters in close contact) :emoticonaci2019_2:.

On a more light-hearted note, here's another commentary from the robot commentator, this time for H&E:

334.98 total score? I approve :yes:

13 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

Yuzu proving yet again why he's bigger than figure skating. His message nearly made me weep. I sometimes wonder how can such an incredible person exist. A true leader of his sport and beyond. If only the world would follow his footsteps (clearly not, based on the pictures from that ice show with a filled audience and skaters in close contact) :emoticonaci2019_2:.

On a more light-hearted note, here's another commentary from the robot commentator, this time for H&E:

I was going to post the video but you are quicker. It was hysterical :rofl3:

But also, only around 38 secs (15%) of his performance are crossovers :eek:? Yuzu is insane!!!! 

34 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I was going to post the video but you are quicker. It was hysterical :rofl3:

But also, only around 38 secs (15%) of his performance are crossovers :eek:? Yuzu is insane!!!! 

He is pretty insane. And I actually think H&E had slightly more crossovers than some of his other programs. (Don't quote me on that; I neither timed nor counted his crossovers :smiley-scared005:)

Don't know if this has ever been posted here before, but here's a video comparing transitions among skaters' short programs in the 2017-2018 season.

You can see just how crazy Yuzu is and how complex Chopin is as a program. It's pretty incredible.

And another one for one-foot skating (basically comparing skating skills).

Yuzu is just on another level. He's lightyears away on Planet Hanyu, while everyone else is stuck on Earth :laughing: :alien-smiley-face:

47 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

I love their commentating. i crack up all the time. I can feel the anger in those robotic monotonic voices......:xD:

1 hour ago, citrusjunos said:

He is pretty insane. And I actually think H&E had slightly more crossovers than some of his other programs. (Don't quote me on that; I neither timed nor counted his crossovers :smiley-scared005:)

Don't know if this has ever been posted here before, but here's a video comparing transitions among skaters' short programs in the 2017-2018 season.

You can see just how crazy Yuzu is and how complex Chopin is as a program. It's pretty incredible.

And another one for one-foot skating (basically comparing skating skills).

Yuzu is just on another level. He's lightyears away on Planet Hanyu, while everyone else is stuck on Earth :laughing: :alien-smiley-face:

Oh same LOL, I haven't timed and counted his crossovers either. But he might as well take larger crossovers so the actual number is less, just cos, you know, he can :grin:

I have a question about Let me entertain you.

He had less-smooth-than-usual landings, and a 2¾ rotation at his last spin. Do you think it may be due to skating in "trashbag pants"? I know Yuzuru Hanyu always pays a great attention on costume details and aesthetics, and indeed these pants fit this program perfectly and give a superb image, but don't they also hinder some of his movements?

And thanks for the news of his message, and for the videos about H&E and "a bit of transition comparison". I think, about the latter, the comparisons may go rather beyond these few numbers, and might (should) be measured with cameras and softwares in the future. For instance, a crossover can be discreet or laboured, and this changes all. A one-foot turn is something, the body balance over it is another, etc.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

I know Yuzuru Hanyu always pays a great attention on costume details and aesthetics, and indeed these pants fit this program perfectly and give a superb image, but don't they also hinder some of his movements?

I don't think that the pants were the key problem. In the 6min warm-up he landed some excellent 4S in the same pants.

I think, it was more the nerves of skating clean and not messing up. A show program like LGC or LMEY needs to be clean to really work. One or two messed jumps at the beginning and the rockstar hype is gone. Remember LGC at SC or WTT... Yuzu saved what could be saved at the end, but it was a blow nevertheless. Not to mention the huge media backclash, if Yuzu had made one or two mistakes and finished behind Shoma and Yuma in the SP. The pressure on Yuzu was huge and he jumped remarkably well under the circumstances.

If I remember correctly, Yuzu said himself that he was very much into the performance and didn't really concentrate on counting the spin rotations. That's why he counted them so carefully in the FS practice the next day.

All in all, I wouldn't be too worried about the small errors in LMEY. I'm sure, Yuzu can fix them until the next competition.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I don't think that the pants were the key problem. In the 6min warm-up he landed some excellent 4S in the same pants.

I think, it was more the nerves of skating clean and not messing up. A show program like LGC or LMEY needs to be clean to really work. One or two messed jumps at the beginning and the rockstar hype is gone. Remember LGC at SC or WTT... Yuzu saved what could be saved at the end, but it was a blow nevertheless. Not to mention the huge media backclash, if Yuzu had made one or two mistakes and finished behind Shoma and Yuma in the SP. The pressure on Yuzu was huge and he jumped remarkably well under the circumstances.

If I remember correctly, Yuzu said himself that he was very much into the performance and didn't really concentrate on counting the spin rotations. That's why he counted them so carefully in the FS practice the next day.

All in all, I wouldn't be too worried about the small errors in LMEY. I'm sure, Yuzu can fix them until the next competition.

In the JNats Fuji TV commentary, Honda Takeshi noted during the SP that Yuzu seemed to have too much energy going into the jumps and ended up slightly over-rotating them.   Yuzu commented after the SP that his landings were not good and he will adjust them for the Free.  Which he did, in spades. 

His pants are made a bit baggy to accomodate the movements, so they probably didn't impede his movements. Would be great if the pants could be more form fitting.  Too bad they don't have a shiny faux leather material that is also extra stretchy.  Asking Uniqlo to take on a new textile development challenge!

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, pretty darned good for a first pancake! It will become more fluid and natural with practice.