General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yep. You can post it here though I have already saved b&w and colour ver on my lap top and on the phone as well:biggrin:

You’ll never know when you need back up of a back up :animated-smileys-cheeky-053:

Even though we know he's probably (if not certainly) the most physically beautiful in the sport - male or female - sometimes you get a piece of proof that leaves you stunned: this is one of those pictures. It's just... unearthly.

3 時間前, TallyTさんが言いました:

I don't know if this picture has been shared, but it came up as a retweet for me and after staring at it for... quite a while, I simply had to put it here.

This tweet likens Yuzuru to Hikaru Genji in the Tale of Genji, who is described as a superbly handsome man.

Hikaru Genji means "Genji, who is as beautiful as it shines."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikaru_Genji

I'm watching this hashtag feeling dizzy :10742290:

"Hanyu senshu is not wearing any makeup."

https://twitter.com/hashtag/羽生結弦選手はすっぴんです?src=hashtag_click

On 1/3/2021 at 7:51 PM, Henni147 said:

Sorry, but I cannot not share my latest dream from yesterday. I had the outrageous luck to watch fragments of Continues With Wings 2022 (hashtag #CiON2:smiley-laughing021:), all three days of the show, and somehow ended up rolling on the carpet.

I put the details in spoilers, because they might turn out to be... true? Maybe? Somehow? :english1:

Hide contents

Most importantly: There was audience! Normal, happy and cheering audience! Is that a sign...? :surprised_pikachu:

I don't know what the exact concept of the show was, but unlike 2018 it was not that typical 'Yuzu and friends' party but rather a gathering of all his main rivals, among them Chiddy, Dai, Javi, Shoma, Boyang, Nathan... and they all joined the 'Yuzu Q&A corner' again. Yuzu seemed to refuse any form of translation help this time and interviewed Chiddy, Javi and Nate directly in English :laughing: It's a pity that I can't remember what they were talking and chuckling about.

Also, Yuzu stuck to his epic program flashback marathon and I completely lost it, especially after day 2 :xD:

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3

Costume

POTO 2.0

Purple Origin and

slicked back hairstyle

Hope & Legacy
Programs

Firebird

POTO

Otonal

LGC

Origin

LMEY

White Legend

Hope & Legacy

Heaven & Earth

I honestly don't know, if he was able to survive day 2 in reality, physically. It's some hell of a content, even without jumps.

However, it was a dream that I will burn on my retina and fix in my memories. Forever. Thank you 2021 for this awesome experience so early in the new year. 

That's an amazingly detailed dream! Right down to the correct costumes and hairstyles to match each day! :laughing: I'm amazed you could remember it in such great detail.

3 hours ago, Kizuna said:

That's an amazingly detailed dream! Right down to the correct costumes and hairstyles to match each day! :laughing: I'm amazed you could remember it in such great detail.

I guess, there are dreams that WANT to be remembered in detail...

It's such a shame that I have no access to my old video editor anymore... There is, finally, THAT clear vision of the ultimate tribute clip to Yuzu's triple Axel in my head, but with my current tools it's impossible to do. Well, at least I've written down everything in detail, so that I can create it as soon as I have a new editor. Whenever that will be... :emoticonaci2019_2:

One of the Japanese fanyus has provided an English review of the book "Ten to Chi to" - on which the NHK Taiga Drama was based.   She captures the highlights of Lord Kenshin's life which resonates with Hanyu-senshu's perspective on life and competition. 

Elanvital has provided a blog with resources to help international fans to understand the spirtual and cultural significance of Lord Kenshin's legacy in Japan. 

I also found a wonderful blog by the President of the Uesugi Kenshin society, who watched the Free Program and was moved to write about it.  I will translate and share if the usual fanyu translators don't get around to it soon... 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
59 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

One of the Japanese fanyus has provided an English review of the book "Ten to Chi to" - on which the NHK Taiga Drama was based.   She captures the highlights of Lord Kenshin's life which resonates with Hanyu-senshu's perspective on life and competition. 

Elanvital has provided a blog with resources to help international fans to understand the spirtual and cultural significance of Lord Kenshin's legacy in Japan. 

I also found a wonderful blog by the President of the Uesugi Kenshin society, who watched the Free Program and was moved to write about it.  I will translate and share if the usual fanyu translators don't get around to it soon... 

It's lovely that Japanese people who know about the story and legend Yuzu is conveying, are so moved and happy about it. 

4 hours ago, cronkite said:

(MY rough translation)

1) "Legal Wife" Pooh: Yay! :8232307: 
2) On screen: Yuzu "Are you in pain? So sorry..."
     Pooh: Wut?
3) Recalling how he has been abused endeared.
4) Wut :smiley-sad021:????

It's refreshing to see I'm not the only one who apologizes to inanimate objects.

More from Elanvital.  I agree that the better translation is “Between Heaven and Earth”.   The triumvirate of 天地人 heaven, earth and human is a foundational motif of Japanese aesthetics.  We learn that in Ikebana - finding the three points in the arrangement of flowers 🌺 helps to create a sense of dynamism and complexity in the simplest forms.  

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
55 minutes ago, watermelonda said:

Hey guys I did a drawing of Yuzu but don't know what to do with the background/rest of it (currently it's just a white background). What do you guys think? I would love some ideas for what to do with the rest of it :)

yuzu.jpg

wow, it's beautiful! you're so talented! what medium do you use?

hm maybe either sakura blossoms or something like the night sky with shooting stars?