General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Sorry, but I cannot not share my latest dream from yesterday. I had the outrageous luck to watch fragments of Continues With Wings 2022 (hashtag #CiON2:smiley-laughing021:), all three days of the show, and somehow ended up rolling on the carpet.

I put the details in spoilers, because they might turn out to be... true? Maybe? Somehow? :english1:

Hide contents

Most importantly: There was audience! Normal, happy and cheering audience! Is that a sign...? :surprised_pikachu:

I don't know what the exact concept of the show was, but unlike 2018 it was not that typical 'Yuzu and friends' party but rather a gathering of all his main rivals, among them Chiddy, Dai, Javi, Shoma, Boyang, Nathan... and they all joined the 'Yuzu Q&A corner' again. Yuzu seemed to refuse any form of translation help this time and interviewed Chiddy, Javi and Nate directly in English :laughing: It's a pity that I can't remember what they were talking and chuckling about.

Also, Yuzu stuck to his epic program flashback marathon and I completely lost it, especially after day 2 :xD:

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3

Costume

POTO 2.0

Purple Origin and

slicked back hairstyle

Hope & Legacy
Programs

Firebird

POTO

Otonal

LGC

Origin

LMEY

White Legend

Hope & Legacy

Heaven & Earth

I honestly don't know, if he was able to survive day 2 in reality, physically. It's some hell of a content, even without jumps.

However, it was a dream that I will burn on my retina and fix in my memories. Forever. Thank you 2021 for this awesome experience so early in the new year. 

Hey, you have a very interesting dream! I also often remember my dreams but not as detailed and chronological as yours, even with the programs layout listed :laughing:

It would be a great concept by inviting his rivals to the show. Since they're from the same generation as Yuzu, this event will probably draw more attention of the audiences, especially for the newer FS fans. I don't know what I'd do if this really happening 😳😳

10 hours ago, cereus said:

Thanks to the axelwithwings team:

[NEWS]

He won with a score of 319 after a 319 days absence (I didn't check, in fact) but doesn't remember his score, so, is really everything in his calculation? :wiggle:

@caterpillar Until now I had good hopes of a third Olympic Gold, but if Philip H* says he's the favourite, then he must be less likely to win? Because Philip H* so rarely speaks the truth...

@b138oo He is definitely the GOAT, because he made of a sport a full art, which even great "artists on ice" (I think of Yuna Kim) couldn't. He has achieved what it takes technically, and nobody had done before him. He could have done it without a quad in fact, but he is also at the top jump-wise. We can imagine future skaters jumping quints (he does) but no one will approach him, and what he did of figure skating. And it doesn't depend on a third Olympic Gold, no more than it depended on a second.

Philip in November 2017 when Yuzu was injured, implying it was his own hubris that led to his accident, likely comfortably assuming Yuzu had almost no chance of OGM now:

"The question now is whether pride literally came before the fall that has cast some doubt on Hanyu’s ability to win a second straight Olympic title – an achievement that, added to the rest of his career record, I feel would make him inarguably the greatest men’s skater in history."

"Since World War II, only Dick Button of the U.S. has won more than one men’s Olympic singles title (1948-52).  For Hanyu to do it in an era with exponentially greater technical difficulty would put him alone atop skating’s Olympus."

Philip in February 2018 watching Yuzu come back from his ~prideful injury to win OGM:

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif?h=254&w=450&

:LOL::xD::darklordyuzu:

16 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

He won with a score of 319 after a 319 days absence (I didn't check, in fact) but doesn't remember his score, so, is really everything in his calculation? :wiggle:

@caterpillar Until now I had good hopes of a third Olympic Gold, but if Philip H* says he's the favourite, then he must be less likely to win? Because Philip H* so rarely speaks the truth...

@b138oo He is definitely the GOAT, because he made of a sport a full art, which even great "artists on ice" (I think of Yuna Kim) couldn't. He has achieved what it takes technically, and nobody had done before him. He could have done it without a quad in fact, but he is also at the top jump-wise. We can imagine future skaters jumping quints (he does) but no one will approach him, and what he did of figure skating. And it doesn't depend on a third Olympic Gold, no more than it depended on a second.

lmao did H* really say Yuzu is the favorite for Beijing? surely not judges' favorite

30 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Haha, don't worry! In the article, he only says that "Should Yuzu win again, the GOAT (greatest of all time) question will be settled.” 

If Yuzu was his pick to win I would be worried too.

14 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Philip in November 2017 when Yuzu was injured, implying it was his own hubris that led to his accident, likely comfortably assuming Yuzu had almost no chance of OGM now:

"The question now is whether pride literally came before the fall that has cast some doubt on Hanyu’s ability to win a second straight Olympic title – an achievement that, added to the rest of his career record, I feel would make him inarguably the greatest men’s skater in history."

"Since World War II, only Dick Button of the U.S. has won more than one men’s Olympic singles title (1948-52).  For Hanyu to do it in an era with exponentially greater technical difficulty would put him alone atop skating’s Olympus."

Philip in February 2018 watching Yuzu come back from his ~prideful injury to win OGM:

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif?h=254&w=450&

:LOL::xD::darklordyuzu:

This honestly made me laugh out loud, I have never seen anything so transparent. Incredible.

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

lmao did H* really say Yuzu is the favorite for Beijing? surely not judges' favorite

He's more of a fool than he seems, then. How can anyone predict a 'favorite' for Beijing in the middle of a non-season such as this one? We don't even know if there will be an Olympics then

Yuzu is so naturally, effortlessly beautiful. I feel like we need to invent a new word just to describe his beauty. :girlsigh:

I was spending the last couple of days at my parents' place and had forgotten the password for Planet Hanyu. :8788161:

So, this is a very belated Happy Merry New Year from me! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw::665e343793b9::2lbkos0:

The past year has been an unusual and difficult one. But just the fact that we got to see Yuzu with two amazing new programs and costumes and in outstanding form gave me a great boost for 2021. :studsmatta:

I wish you all a better 2021 filled with lots of joy, fun and happiness and - most importantly - good health! The past year has only shown how strong and resilient we are. May we see a happy and content Yuzu more often. :animated-smileys-angels-151:

5 hours ago, avt said:

It would be a great concept by inviting his rivals to the show. Since they're from the same generation as Yuzu, this event will probably draw more attention of the audiences, especially for the newer FS fans. I don't know what I'd do if this really happening 😳😳

I feel that it would be very much like Yuzu to show his respect and praise towards his rivals. I can totally picture those short video messages, where he explains how these skaters influenced him, how they played an integral part in his career and pushed him beyond his limits in all areas. Sure, the judging and "artificial levelling of the field" played a big role, too, but still.

Also, those Q&A with rivals like Dai, Chiddy or Nathan would be very interesting to listen to imo. I'm sure, they all have many experiences to share from their personal point of view and a lot of interesting questions to each other. It would be a great occasion to open up about some unsaid things and yeah, make peace with the past, too.

I have my doubts that this will happen in reality, but who knows... A show like this would somehow round off the "Hanyu era" (which JSF is unable to call by name), where different favorites have come and gone while Yuzu has climbed the podium early and never really left ever since. This era has covered more than a decade of men's figure skating already and is still not over yet.

12 hours ago, Melodie said:

An interesting comparison between the 3A at 4CC and at JNats. His arms seem to be tightened. This must be a result of the 4A training.

Ever since Yuzu set his goal on landing the quad Axel in competition, Minoru Sano has been saying that all Yuzu needs to do is to tuck his elbows in closer to his body in order to achieve a quicker rotation and gain some height.

Edit: I am not necessarily agreeing with Minoru Sano since I know nothing of figure skating other than watching Yuzu. I am only stating as fact what Minoru Sano said. I am sure that it is not as simple as he explains it, but tucking in the elbows is probably part of the equation and that is why his arms appear to be tighter in the comparison between 4CC and JNats.

3 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Ever since Yuzu set his goal on landing the quad Axel in competition, Minoru Sano has been saying that all Yuzu needs to do is to tuck his elbows in closer to his body in order to achieve a quicker rotation and gain some height.

I would agree that a tighter air position would give him more rotation, but rotation is not the only thing you need to successfully land a jump. One can complete the rotation and still bomb the jump. I think a more holistic approach to the jump is more appropriate and would reduce risk of injury. 

I think Yuzu has mentioned something similar about the air position in relation to rotation on the 4A, but i can't pin point it now. It was during 2019 though. 

1 hour ago, cereus said:

Here you go, summary rather than word for word translation, courtesy of @ orangesrgd (see full thread):

Thank you so much for this! 

Seeing other ballet professionals analyze and gush over Yuzu just goes to show how his greatness transcends figure skating! Therefore it frustrates me when his efforts and talents are not rewarded accordingly by I*U and J*F. How Yuzu cannot get over GOE+4 for all/ANY of his 3As and combos is beyond me :tumblr_inline_mzx90enaUF1r8msi5:

On a brighter note, 

HAPPY NEW YEAR, the Planet :tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:

I hope 2021 would be kinder to everyone, and Yuzu would continue to shower us with hope and joy like the ray of sunshine that he is!

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

I don't know if this picture has been shared, but it came up as a retweet for me and after staring at it for... quite a while, I simply had to put it here.

Yep. You can post it here though I have already saved b&w and colour ver on my lap top and on the phone as well:biggrin:

You’ll never know when you need back up of a back up :animated-smileys-cheeky-053: