General Yuzuru Chat

55 minutes ago, barbara said:

Seeing Yuzu with Nam and Keiji all together on the podium at SCI'19 was so sweet.  

Nam's friends with Yuzu bits - first the lovely comments on Yuzu's skates, now this specific picture chosen for his favourite event - are making me really happy. I do love them both...

12 hours ago, barbara said:

I haven't a clue why or when it became popular with Asian fans, but it is a British thing.  It can be "rabbit rabbit" or "rabbit rabbit rabbit" or can include "white" on there.  It should be the very first thing you say on the first day of any month.  So, I 'm hoping that saying it right after midnight will help out 2021....

In Australia you get a free pass to punch someone on the first day of the month by saying "Pinch and a punch for the first of the month" (so you also get to pinch them), but if the other person says "white rabbit" and crosses their fingers then you're not allowed. 

Rabbits are lucky - think of the symbolism of a rabbit's foot. 

I wish every satellite and lurker on Planet Hanyu a safe, healthy and Happy New Year!

May the day soon arrive that we can physically support our beloved Yuzu in person safely.

In the meantime, let us all continue to be the light in our homes, our communities...and to each other during difficult times!  I have lost family members to Covid 19, and live in a community where we have the highest per capita Covid 19 infections but we will get through this if we remember to care for each other and to care for ourselves.  Ask for help when you feel down, blue or hopeless.

21 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I wish every satellite and lurker on Planet Hanyu a safe, healthy and Happy New Year!

May the day soon arrive that we can physically support our beloved Yuzu in person safely.

In the meantime, let us all continue to be the light in our homes, our communities...and to each other during difficult times!  I have lost family members to Covid 19, and live in a community where we have the highest per capita Covid 19 infections but we will get through this if we remember to care for each other and to care for ourselves.  Ask for help when you feel down, blue or hopeless.

I'm so so sorry. My condolences. You guys gonna be fine!! Stay strong.

What I wish now is that.... everyone please be happy and get back what you lost in 2020! Grieve for what we had lost, and be grateful for what we've learnt. I believe that its gonna be better soon. Be hopeful!

To be honest, 2020 was a really hard year for me too, as well as the people around the world. I strongly believe that its not just me who try to hide tears from everyone. Actually I have no idea how I still managed to breathe till this second, its a miracle. And I'm thankful for that.

This year I lost my senior who suddenly found out he had cancer, my favourite artist who inspired me in the beginning, and almost lost my depressed friend. 

Thanks for the people who had accompanied me throughout (and you guys), and as we embark on a new journey together, I hope that we can treat the world more gently than always. Thank you, Happy new year and stay safe. 

9 時間前, TallyTさんが言いました:

It is amazing - when I first became a fan I was convinced he would never win over the Chinese and other Asian fans because of the hard feelings still there over the war and history's long dark grasp. Especially as two of his major rivals on the ice and for fannish hearts and minds were a Chinese-Canadian, then a Chinese-American.

And yet, he's become the most popular skater in China, even over their own, let alone everyone else.

I think the feeling to Japan can be vastly different across Asia. In Hong Kong, Japanese culture is super popular and I have never met anyone (especially in the younger generation) who has negative feeling to Japan. Yuzu is very famous here after 2018 Olympics. When I talk about figure skating with my friends and colleagues, they mostly know nothing about it but they still know Yuzu as "the cute/handsome Japanese boy who won Olympics and loves Winnie the Pooh". They cannot name any other skaters except that one person has heard of Yuna Kim.

Taiwan seems to be having a nice relationship with Japan too but I don't know enough to comment. Mainland China appears to have an anti-Japan sentiment, but there are some online comments like "Yuzu is the only Japanese whom I like". It feels like he is universally loved and an international angel of peace. :P

3 時間前, Dreamerさんが言いました:

I'm so sorry about your family.

You have our deepest sympathy.

And l appreciate your kindness despite of your hard experience.

I was supposed to go to Montreal to 

watch the world competition last year.We still don't know the next one.

As you said we need to care each other and make the world peace.

I wish everyone stay healthy😌