2 時間前, Paskudさんが言いました:

[NEWS]

about Yuzuru's FP music arrangement

https://pulchrebenerecte.com/?p=96

Thank you :wave:

So detailed.

The Tale of the Heike by Isao Tomita

Addition:

The Koto player said in the above blog is Kazue Sawai.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazue_Sawai

It is said in this English wiki that she plays both the 13-string and 17-string kotos.  But in Japanese wiki, she is introduced as a 17-string koto player.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/沢井一恵

She might be using both kotos part by part in this music piece.

firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

Secondly, does anyone know the reason why some of fanyus type "rabbit rabbit white rabbit" for new year? At first I thought it was something related to Yuzuru and I searched on google, then I learned it is a superstition found in Britain and North America but I mostly saw it was used by asian fanyus so now I wonder if it has a different meaning in Asia culture? 

1 hour ago, Tae Grane said:

firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

Secondly, does anyone know the reason why some of fanyus type "rabbit rabbit white rabbit" for new year? At first I thought it was something related to Yuzuru and I searched on google, then I learned it is a superstition found in Britain and North America but I mostly saw it was used by asian fanyus so now I wonder if it has a different meaning in Asia culture? 

I haven't a clue why or when it became popular with Asian fans, but it is a British thing.  It can be "rabbit rabbit" or "rabbit rabbit rabbit" or can include "white" on there.  It should be the very first thing you say on the first day of any month.  So, I 'm hoping that saying it right after midnight will help out 2021....

On 12/31/2020 at 10:20 AM, Ladysci said:

Happy New Year everyone!

It just turned midnight here about 19 minutes ago, so it's the first of January in Japan.  2020 was a year filled with crises and problems worldwide, but at least Yuzu winning Nationals was something that we could watch together and cheer about!  Here's hoping that 2021 will be a much better one for everyone! Stay safe everyone.

I had my good luck soba noodles for dinner instead of just before midnight and a bit of champagne :rolleye0008:.   I've cut up my veggies for Tokyo style ozoni (fish broth based soup with veggies and mochi (rice cakes)), which we have for brunch on New Year's day.  Instead of Kohaku Uta Gassen, we watched recorded MOI, my husband for the first time and me for about the 7th time :lol:. We decided that we wouldn't have a family gathering this New Years, since our adult kids and us decided it would be safer not to travel back and forth, especially across continents . 

Thank you for sharing this! I wasn't aware of these traditions before. I had been a little unsure of how I should quietly and peacefully celebrate this year, but you inispired me to make ozoni for the first time this morning, as I had a lot of ingredients on hand--after doing a little research on it, I love how it varies so much from region to region and it really took the pressure off that it had to be made a certain way. I ended up using a kombu dashi with a tiny bit of miso and added lotus root, daikon, carrots, negi, shiitake and enoki mushrooms, tofu, fish cake, rice cake, and some meat that I happened to have leftover to make it a little more hearty. Topped with bonito flakes and some kumquat peel (best citrus I could find to replace yuzu), and spring onion that I grew myself! So soothing, perfect for this cold winter's day. A lot more nutritious and relaxing than going hungover to some fast food joint after a night out :1:  I might do this every year now!

Hope everyone had a happy and peaceful new year's! 

(Oops this turned out to be a longer post than I intended.... I get really excited about food :dancinghotdog:)

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

[NEWS]

about Yuzuru's FP music arrangement

https://pulchrebenerecte.com/?p=96

What a genius!

The first time I heard the music, I found it wonderful except that the part between the step sequence and the first combo was "not enough for such a skating", then @CiONTUw4A sent another recording (thank you!) where this part was OK but the traditional instruments a bit blurred...

After all, his CD went through JSF/Nagano rink music centre, then reverberation by the ice and less absorption by attendance than usual (as there was "only" half attendance, in theory it can be modelled but practically it needs adjustments), then by the sound recording by TV channels and others (I tend to suppose that afterwards, sound treatment was good and faithful), depending on where were the microphones...

I should so much like to watch his program directly with the sound he produced, without all those intermediate changes! Still with the sound of his skates, if it can be. :wiggle: I know I'm asking too much.

I am sure that Yuzuru Hanyu will not only help figure skating to get fairer scores in the future; he will also help provide skaters a good sound, however contradictory of an ice rink environment it can seem at first sight. And if he builds his own rink like Evgueny Plushenko, it will be with the best possible sound, with special ceiling and all.

11 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

I love how the love for Hanyu grows over the years in China. (well he's really really endearing.)

I once chatted in a Chinese Fanyu group chat and they told me that many years ago they used to dislike him (because of some historical stuff between nationalities that happened in the past) and hoped that he can break a leg. Then they told me that afterwards they started loving him suddenly and have no idea why

its difficult for antis to become really hardcore fans but Hanyu did it :devilYuzu: 

It is amazing - when I first became a fan I was convinced he would never win over the Chinese and other Asian fans because of the hard feelings still there over the war and history's long dark grasp. Especially as two of his major rivals on the ice and for fannish hearts and minds were a Chinese-Canadian, then a Chinese-American.

And yet, he's become the most popular skater in China, even over their own, let alone everyone else.

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

It is amazing - when I first became a fan I was convinced he would never win over the Chinese and other Asian fans because of the hard feelings still there over the war and history's long dark grasp. Especially as two of his major rivals on the ice and for fannish hearts and minds were a Chinese-Canadian, then a Chinese-American.

And yet, he's become the most popular skater in China, even over their own, let alone everyone else.

I know the history behind the China-Japan "long dark grasp", but also know that there is quite a dark history between Japan and the US.  It doesn't seem to impact the present day, and I really don't know when the attitude changed, though my father was going to Japan for business a lot during the late 50's into the late 60's, so I suspect, while all was not forgotten, technology and mutual interests in that was possibly at the forefront.  Maybe that's when we became more global-minded in general.  And Yuzu is an athlete.  The best and most accomplished in his sport - everyone can appreciate excellence.