General Yuzuru Chat

A Happy New Year to you all :img_21:

Hope 2021 is better year for all of us on this planet (the earth) and wish all the satellites on PH the very best!!

Stay safe and enjoy the festive season. LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU ALL!!

And my dearest Yuzu, stay healthy and safe!! Enjoy oshogatsu with your family :img_20:

This will probably be overly long and incoherent because that’s just the kind of person I am. 

I didn’t really watch any figure skating this year, except briefly dipping my toes into the new season at the Russian test skates and being thoroughly scared off. I didn’t even watch 4CC (which feels like a different year entirely), because after the GPF and nationals last year I was so tired and discouraged by seeing Yuzu so exhausted. 

This has been an incredibly shitty year for me, as for most people, and I expect it has been for Yuzu as well. But seeling him skating at Japanese nationals, not only performing extraordinarily well but also seemingly so much healthier and more spirited than a year ago, having found a way through the difficulties step by step, trial and error; it made me so happy. 

A few days ago I was looking for an old interview and stumbled into the golden skate archives, the thread for the 2012-2013 season. Yuzuru had just changed coaching teams, and I was surprised to see how many people saying he should go back to Japan because TCC would burn him out. And I’ve only been an fs fan since 2017, but I remembered reading how hard the beginning of that season was, how he bombed his free at Skate America and lost a lot of weight and was struggling with his asthma. I understand how hard and dispiriting that must have been for fans.

Seeing that thread made me realize, or rather remember, that people have at times been counting Yuzuru out since he was seventeen. And over and over he has come back, moved forward, found a way through his struggles and achieved so much more than I think anyone could imagine in 2012. He’s probably the most inspirational person I know. 

And I’m not Yuzuru, with the fire of genius burning so brightly within that it’s almost hard to look straight at him sometimes. But I want to try to emulate that aspect of him a bit more going forward. 

Thank’s for everything you have written here this year, it is always a joy to read. 

For 2021, let’s find ways through the difficulties somehow. Hopefully, for us and for Yuzu, there will be fewer struggles to battle.

Happy new year! :7938863:

Happy new year, everyone! Before the holidays I had been feeling burnt out, sort of listless and aimless and uncertain... but ever since watching Yuzu's program debuts last week I feel like I have been jolted awake almost, just in time for the new year. My area is currently in a COVID lockdown and it looks like we'll be working from home for the foreseeable future, at the very least for the next few months. Yuzu and the fact that he trained "alone" for the majority of 2020 has reminded me that instead of complaining or making excuses, I can actually use this time to my advantage and see it as an incredibly special opportunity to focus on myself within the walls of my home, that not being able to go out so much may actually be converted into something powerful and help me move towards fulfilling my own goals and reaching higher. Plus, I'm so lucky to be able to continue my work and studies in this environment and in these circumstances (e.g., on a computer, not having to worry about finding ice rinks and such, for example). If we think about it, how often do we get the chance to truly focus our energies towards something, undisturbed by the distractions of "normal" life? Of course I would much prefer the world be back to "normal," that would be the ideal, for the world to be happy and healthy again and for us to all spend time together. But these thoughts, which Yuzu has renewed in me, will at least keep me going as we enter 2021 and continue forging ahead. :nod2:

It's still an hour and 25 minutes (...more or less :P ) to new year at where I am, but yeah, I wish the Planet™ happy new year 🎉🎊🎁🌟🎆🎆, may 2021 be the recovery year for everyone 🙏🙏🙏

I find it a bit funny too that everyone suddenly talks about their NYE dinner, but now I am joining in anyway 😅 — I am eating mie Aceh tonight, come midnight I might just snack on the snacks that I have ;)

Happy new year everyone!!!! This year has been cursed, I lost nearly everything due to Covid, I lost what was left of my family. Knowing that Yuzuru, a person I admire so much and want to see happy, is alive and fighting to bring us joy honestly helped keeping me alive. I almost did not believe that I would manage to arrive in one piece at the end of the year, but here I am. I'm so grateful for having this community of amazing people with the same passion to come back to, it's literally my favorite place on the net. I wish the best to everybody and I'll pray for Yuzuru's health and continued success (might curse the ISU fed later though lol I'm mostly joking :tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5:)

I hope 2021 will bring you everything you have been hoping for!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::8122685:

2 minutes ago, alwaysafan said:

Happy new year everyone!!!! This year has been cursed, I lost nearly everything due to Covid, I lost what was left of my family. Knowing that Yuzuru, a person I admire so much and want to see happy, is alive and fighting to bring us joy honestly helped keeping me alive. I almost did not believe that I would manage to arrive in one piece at the end of the year, but here I am. I'm so grateful for having this community of amazing people with the same passion to come back to, it's literally my favorite place on the net. I wish the best to everybody and I'll pray for Yuzuru's health and continued success (might curse the ISU fed later though lol I'm mostly joking :tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5:)

I hope 2021 will bring you everything you have been hoping for!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::8122685:

I'm so sorry to hear this, @alwaysafan. For whatever it's worth, I do send you a massive, tight, virtual hug that I hope can provide some strength for you. Keep fighting!

And I wish everyone else a wonderful 2021. It's been shit. Absolute shit (sorry for the language), and we all need to desperately see the light at the end of the tunnel (some more than others). Take care of yourself and your loved ones, keep on fighting, keep on seeing the beauty in this world despite the hardships and love yourselves :10742289:

1 minute ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I'm so sorry to hear this, @alwaysafan. For whatever it's worth, I do send you a massive, tight, virtual hug that I hope can provide some strength for you. Keep fighting!

Thank you for your beautiful words :10742289: I totally want to see more of Yuzuru's skating so If can manage I'll always come back to the planet! Sending you all my best, let's be strong together!! :hachimaki_angryparty_: