General Yuzuru Chat

Happy New Year to everyone who is already in the future, or about to be! Here in Canada we still have some time to go. :D 

I was playing around with the colours of Yuzu's H+E costume and gloves for fun. I'll call these ones the Hana Ni Nare tribute. :wink_star: 

Spoiler

yFtYgyK.jpg 

5CD1qkr.jpg

:tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg: Happy new year everyone! :9::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:

I usually am not one to put much importance on new years and usually say that this day is just like any other day but 2020 has been exceptionally rough. I sincerely hope 2021 brings less misery and more happiness to everyone! Stay safe and healthy and don’t forget to take care of your mental health, as well. (Especially you, Yuzu!)

Happy New Year everyone!

It just turned midnight here about 19 minutes ago, so it's the first of January in Japan.  2020 was a year filled with crises and problems worldwide, but at least Yuzu winning Nationals was something that we could watch together and cheer about!  Here's hoping that 2021 will be a much better one for everyone! Stay safe everyone.

I had my good luck soba noodles for dinner instead of just before midnight and a bit of champagne :rolleye0008:.   I've cut up my veggies for Tokyo style ozoni (fish broth based soup with veggies and mochi (rice cakes)), which we have for brunch on New Year's day.  Instead of Kohaku Uta Gassen, we watched recorded MOI, my husband for the first time and me for about the 7th time :lol:. We decided that we wouldn't have a family gathering this New Years, since our adult kids and us decided it would be safer not to travel back and forth, especially across continents . 

Thanks for the reminder to buy some soba! The Dutch (I'm half-Dutch on my dad's side) New Year's tradition is oliebollen, which are a kind of currant donut made at home. Although they're delicious, soba is  LOT easier to make so soba it is! 

I think it's great that Hanyuconomy has come to Nagano. And has anyone else noticed that Yuzu always seems to inspire a lot of shrine visits, too? 

I wish a very happy New Year to all satellites and to your families!

And of course, to "our" so dear Yuzuru Hanyu, to his family and to all those who support him.

We didn't eat soba but we had natto for the first time. I expected something very strange, I rather found "it tasted what it looked like" (when eaten alone), beans and nice bacteriae/mold, not bad, and indeed the soy sauce and mustard made it fine (the real surprising taste in fact was the mustard sauce, quite different from Dijon mustard I am used to, and very good). (A precision : I like strong cheeses and I didn't find it to taste alike except maybe, a bit, the green of blue cheeses, and I hate Marmite and I didn't find it to taste alike either.)

23 hours ago, Umebachi said:

This is charming:   An 18 year old high school student (boy) named "Ippei" just started making YT videos to share his ideas about the books he has read. He loves reading books and is committed to reading 150 - 200 books a year - a budding intellectual. 

Suddenly, in the midst of all these videos about the books, he puts out  a video about Yuzu because he watched JNats for the first time in his life and was shocked and amazed by Hanyu's beauty and breadth of expression and couldn't help but gush.  He didn't know anything about figure skating and has never watched Yuzu skate before (not even the Olympic  performances), so this reaction is genuine and moving.  It goes to show how much impact Yuzu can have on a person who is open to that experience.  He says he is still trembling from the encounter but he nevertheless manages to offer a succinct three-point summary of why he finds Yuzu so compelling.  (1. Expansive view of the world ; 2. Beauty, Beauty, and Beauty; 3. Expression - an overwhelming ability to articulate emotion.)    What a self-disciplined young man!

I wonder if someone from the fanyu world will sub this video?  

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

This is the first video made by “Ippei” after he watched Yuzu for the very first time.

I am not providing a complete translation and am being very liberal in my paraphrasing here. I hope someone takes @Umebachi's request and provides proper English subtitles for this video.

He starts out by saying that he had watched Yuzu’s performances and was “mecha mecha” – insanely – moved and just had to talk about it. He says that he rarely watches TV, but came upon Yuzu in the Japanese Nationals serendipitously. He says that Yuzu is on a totally different level. The other skaters, to put it badly, their worlds were shallow. He could not be drawn into them. On the other hand, he was immediately drawn into Yuzu’s world with his performances.

He was impressed that despite having insanely high scores and no miss performances, Yuzu was still not satisfied and wanted to improve. He recognized that Yuzu is a crème de la crème person. He repeated that he hardly watches TV, but was very happy that he did.

He gushed on about how Yuzu’s personality “mecha mecha” changed when he was off the ice and in the Kiss and Cry and interviews. He says that he loves this “gap”. A couple of the things that he mentioned were Yuzu playfully talking to Pooh about social distancing and showing concern for the cameraman’s arm. He referred to Yuzu sincerely saying “arigato”. He says that Yuzu is not only a great skater, but someone that he looks up to and respects tremendously. He was incredibly impressed by Yuzu’s character, sincerity, generosity and selflessness.. He had been aware of Yuzu’s universal fame and popularity, but upon seeing him, he now realized why it was so justified.

In the video posted by @Umebachi "Ippei” says that he has become an immediate fan of Yuzu.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

WISHING EVERYONE A MUCH HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER NEW YEAR THAN THE ONE WE ARE JUST LEAVING OR ALREADY LEFT, DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD.

I am hoping that we will be able to have a relatively normal competitive figure skating season in 2021 leading up to Beijing 2022 and that we will be able to see a fit and healthy Yuzu competing, especially at ACI and SCI (in my hometown of Vancouver)! I want to meet up with you satellites again!