General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

He is so eloquent I can't. The way he is able to convey his thoughts are exactly how he has been able to convey his programs. The part where he tried to convey Lord Kenshin's dilemma by adding a different part of the music at the end shows he is such a genius and master at his own craft.  

34 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

This post has been tagged by robin as [NEWS].

The part about Yuzu feeling defeated after GPF and JNats last season makes me so angry I can’t even express how mad it makes me (at ISU/JSF). 

On another note I am once again amazed at the amount of thought Yuzu puts into the music. And I am happy for whoever has been editing his music in the past- now that Yuzu has finally taken it into his own hands they must have found peace lmao 

Also YESSSS Federer!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuzu seeing him as an example is all I could wish for 

5 minutes ago, robin said:

The part about Yuzu feeling defeated after GPF and JNats last season makes me so angry I can’t even express how mad it makes me (at ISU/JSF). 

On another note I am once again amazed at the amount of thought Yuzu puts into the music. And I am happy for whoever has been editing his music in the past- now that Yuzu has finally taken it into his own hands they must have found peace lmao 

Yeah 😭 His interview after jnats2019 made me cry last year. He was clearly resigned. This was the comeback he needed just like sc19 was. 

And lol imagine how many versions they had to edit to get the final cut. But he controls everything tho. Even Satomi said she is actually just the assistant. 

以前、ゆずるのFSで演奏された琵琶について投稿しました。

3A + 2Tや3Loの部分でも箏が印象的で、13弦箏だと思いますが、17弦箏もあります。 

音楽や楽器に精通している人は誰でもそれを区別できますか?ツイッターで誰かが言ったように、ベースパートのために発明されたのは17弦の箏でした。IMO、13弦箏ですが、それでも確認したいです :scratch3:

13-string Koto

17-string Koto

I am grateful for Yuzu introducing so many people around the world to the iconic Japanese historic characters, like Uesugi Kenshin.  Most of my non-Japanese friends - although well-educated and well-read - have never heard of the "Sengoku" period, let alone any of the famous names from that period.  Those who know the names have come to know them through games (like Basara) which creates an interesting avatar version of the famous characters, but this is not the same as being part of the local lore and village community. 

And now, with just one single skate performance, Yuzu manages to draw in a wide swathe of the global skating fan community into this world of blood, cruelty, redemption and enlightenment.     The people of Nagano - where JNats took place - prides itself as the former stronghold of Uesugi Kenshin - are expressing their pride and appreciation for the renewed interest in Lord Kenshin.  Apparently, the goods related to Uesugi family are suddenly flying off the shelves! Hanyuconomy!

5 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

I am grateful for Yuzu introducing so many people around the world to the iconic Japanese historic characters, like Uesugi Kenshin.  Most of my non-Japanese friends - although well-educated and well-read - have never heard of the "Sengoku" period, let alone any of the famous names from that period.  Those who know the names have come to know them through games (like Basara) which creates an interesting avatar version of the famous characters, but this is not the same as being part of the local lore and village community. 

And now, with just one single skate performance, Yuzu manages to draw in a wide swathe of the global skating fan community into this world of blood, cruelty, redemption and enlightenment.     The people of Nagano - where JNats took place - prides itself as the former stronghold of Uesugi Kenshin - are expressing their pride and appreciation for the renewed interest in Lord Kenshin.  Apparently, the goods related to Uesugi family are suddenly flying off the shelves! Hanyuconomy!

He is the best civilian ambassador for Japan. How come the JSF can't acknowledge this?

Btw some fan pointed out that the flowers on his H&E costume are NOT cherry blossoms but flowers of sal tree ('sara souju' in Japanese).

This makes more sense since sal tree is one of holy trees of Buddhism (Uesugi Kenshin is known for his belief in Bishamonten or Vaisravana - Buddhist God of War).

Buddha is said to be born under sal tree, and when he died, sal trees around his bed turned white. Source 

[NEWS]

This is charming:   An 18 year old high school student (boy) named "Ippei" just started making YT videos to share his ideas about the books he has read. He loves reading books and is committed to reading 150 - 200 books a year - a budding intellectual. 

Suddenly, in the midst of all these videos about the books, he puts out  a video about Yuzu because he watched JNats for the first time in his life and was shocked and amazed by Hanyu's beauty and breadth of expression and couldn't help but gush.  He didn't know anything about figure skating and has never watched Yuzu skate before (not even the Olympic  performances), so this reaction is genuine and moving.  It goes to show how much impact Yuzu can have on a person who is open to that experience.  He says he is still trembling from the encounter but he nevertheless manages to offer a succinct three-point summary of why he finds Yuzu so compelling.  (1. Expansive view of the world ; 2. Beauty, Beauty, and Beauty; 3. Expression - an overwhelming ability to articulate emotion.)    What a self-disciplined young man!

I wonder if someone from the fanyu world will sub this video?  

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

On New Year's Eve in Japan, we eat noodles - toshi-koshi-soba "year-passing soba" as a way to wish for a loooong and healthy life.  The OP decided to buy the soba from Nagano (in the photo) - with the name "Kawanakajima" written on the top - for this year's year end soba.  Nagano is a rich agricultural region and well known for producing some fine soba flour.  So, in the following exchange someone tweets  - "oh yes, Nagano soba noodles are the best", and the OP responds:  "no, no, I selected this because it says "Kawanakajima", 川中島 -  lol.  Who would have guessed that Nagano farmers would be a beneficiary of Hanyuconomy!

Whether or not you are eating soba from Nagano, I wish you all a very Happy New Year!