General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Right, that's incredible! But I was surprised to see the 4lo had 60 cm because I would have thought he needed more height for bigger jumps. other quads usually got over 60cm.

---

Btw, I just want to confirm my understanding of the ss in TenChi. If I remember correctly, Yuzu said it was meant to show a scene of battleship. Did anyone else get this impression he was doing swordplay? If it is, I would personally love to have this part further developed over the next competitions.

from 1:41 - 2:18

I think it would be a super iconic ss to extend his hand holding sword moves/make them more obvious, of course still need to make sure he could satisfy the step requirements. 

Please excuse my horrid photoshop skills. my imagination ran a lil wild

1EigvKh.jpg

for ref

I've studied kenjutsu a very tiny amount, and the katana is a blade where both hands grip the tsuka (i.e. the handle) most of the time. If you think about that, Yuzu's 'battle' moves might become clearer to see in that StpSeq. 

23 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've studied kenjutsu a very tiny amount, and the katana is a blade where both hands grip the tsuka (i.e. the handle) most of the time. If you think about that, Yuzu's 'battle' moves might become clearer to see in that StpSeq. 

I forgot I should have visualized a katana rather than a sword from chinese wushu performance. But I did go back and rewatched and didnt really see him gripping with both of his hands during the stpseq tho. Or maybe I'm missing something?

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

I forgot I should have visualized a katana rather than a sword from chinese wushu performance. But I did go back and rewatched and didnt really see him gripping with both of his hands during the stpseq tho. Or maybe I'm missing something?

In the first image in your photoshop,  the one you made into your avatar, he could possibly be performing a rising uppercut (similar to #3 here, but these are badly done examples ) , which is done with the tsuka at the top and the hands in a similar position to the one here. But he could just as easily be imagining another weapon in use. Samurai were by no means limited to only using the sword. 

Tbh, I didn't get an image of a battle from that step sequence - at least not like a hand-to-hand one. More like a commander directing the troops with arm gestures, or the overall impression of two armies colliding on the battlefield

I found a traditional Japanese Dance depicting Uesugi Kenshin, performed by an adorable young boy for some local (school?) performance.  This dancer is still mmature in his movements but he manages to capture the delicate and subtle gestures depicting the character of Lord Kenshin, a spiritual warrior. The opening words of the song invokes "Bishamonten" the war demon, as he makes a precise and beautiful motion of buddhist prayer asking for victory. Later he opens the fan on one hand and flutters the other  hand downward to the words "blooms scatter" - indicating the sacrifices of war.   The reference to the battle is not explicit but the tension and sadness builds then quietly fades away, in the same way H&E is constructed.     Enjoy!  

14 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

My favorite from this channel is still the first one I watched from them :happy0007::

Gosh, I feel so vindicated whenever I watch this. Completely expressed how I feel about this program :xD:

lol,the commentary on the yuzu videos on this yt channel sounds like a dramatic reading of fanyu twitter posts and yuzuru forums threads during and after competitions :biggrin:

Just thinking back to the music and costume reveals a few nights ago, it was so much fun and hilarious!  Thanks to Yuzu for bringing us so much fun  and entertainment not just with your skating!

LMEY music reveal - but wait, is it the Queen version or the Robbie Williams version?!  Anyone knows?!

Ten to chi to music reveal - Japanese and Western fusion? WHAT IS THE MUSIC??  Ganbatte reporter-San, can you figure it out for us?!

LMEY costume reveal - what is it?  it’s ant size on the screen!  Looks like a jacket....gold blings...cowboy style?!  

:knc_yuzu2:

2 hours ago, holina said:

Just thinking back to the music and costume reveals a few nights ago, it was so much fun and hilarious!  Thanks to Yuzu for bringing us so much fun  and entertainment not just with your skating!

LMEY music reveal - but wait, is it the Queen version or the Robbie Williams version?!  Anyone knows?!

Ten to chi to music reveal - Japanese and Western fusion? WHAT IS THE MUSIC??  Ganbatte reporter-San, can you figure it out for us?!

LMEY costume reveal - what is it?  it’s ant size on the screen!  Looks like a jacket....gold blings...cowboy style?!  

:knc_yuzu2:

This man should get another gold for his ability to hide everything from curious fans and media.:embSwan:

I also love how he sprays his hair just to troll fans about his outfit during the gala...driving all of us crazy until he came out as a flower petal

1 hour ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Oh and who was that who said that he's gonna skate to Jesus' Will :1:

I actually looked it up and listened to it all!!! It seemed a long video...and I thought if he skates to this I'll be bawling my eyes out!

Glad he chose Haru - so appropriate for the current situation, he is so thoughtful about how his skating makes others feel and what is best for each situation.