General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Fay said:

This is what commentating should sound like. Seriously... maybe slightly less of it :P 

What a piece of fun!

But what does he have against the landings? I find them beautiful!

And is there a sort of Zayak-rule for commenters, preventing them from repeating too many times "f..k" and "f..king"? :smiley-music025:

22 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

What a piece of fun!

But what does he have against the landings? I find them beautiful!

And is there a sort of Zayak-rule for commenters, preventing them from repeating too many times "f..k" and "f..king"? :smiley-music025:

Good one :happy0007:

Paul and Chris really outdid themselves with repetitive commentary last year. "Absolutely!" and "Incredible!" are still ringing in my ears.

By the way. I just saw the IceScope stats of Yuzu's 4Lo and whoah! 60 cm height on a Loop! This is so crazy. Many skaters have less height on a Lutz or Axel.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

This is what commentating should sound like. Seriously... maybe slightly less of it :P 

had me laughing in the first 10 seconds with '...and I used to be straight until I laid eyes on Yuzuru Hanyu":LOL:

but some of those comments sound mighty familiar...like the guy was reading our event thread out loud LOL! I guess we all have the same reaction to Yuzu.

11 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

As @Paskudsaid, I think their departments are different.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/0dbc581e9b6e77f16f0151fc7063f7650537aed7

Yuzuru: 人間情報科学 Human Informatics and Cognitive Sciences

Rika:  健康福祉科学 Health Sciences and Social Welfare

https://www.waseda.jp/fhum/hum/en/about/faculty/

I probably read a poorly-translated piece, because it literally said they were in the same program, but the writer could easily have meant just the distance-learning aspect is the same, not the subject matter. In any case, I have been well corrected for my misconception now, thank you.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Good one :happy0007:

Paul and Chris really outdid themselves with repetitive commentary last year. "Absolutely!" and "Incredible!" are still ringing in my ears.

By the way. I just saw the IceScope stats of Yuzu's 4Lo and whoah! 60 cm height on a Loop! This is so crazy. Many skaters have less height on a Lutz or Axel.

Right, that's incredible! But I was surprised to see the 4lo had 60 cm because I would have thought he needed more height for bigger jumps. other quads usually got over 60cm.

---

Btw, I just want to confirm my understanding of the ss in TenChi. If I remember correctly, Yuzu said it was meant to show a scene of battleship. Did anyone else get this impression he was doing swordplay? If it is, I would personally love to have this part further developed over the next competitions.

from 1:41 - 2:18

I think it would be a super iconic ss to extend his hand holding sword moves/make them more obvious, of course still need to make sure he could satisfy the step requirements. 

Please excuse my horrid photoshop skills. my imagination ran a lil wild

1EigvKh.jpg

for ref

6 hours ago, Fay said:

OH GOOD GOD I missed half of it cos I was laughing so hard I was crying - I actually feel sick with laughing!! Thank you Fay!

1 hour ago, citrusjunos said:

My favorite from this channel is still the first one I watched from them :happy0007::

Gosh, I feel so vindicated whenever I watch this. Completely expressed how I feel about this program :xD:

This one is excellent :xD: 

The ISU rant throughout? I felt that 

4 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Right, that's incredible! But I was surprised to see the 4lo had 60 cm because I would have thought he needed more height for bigger jumps. other quads usually got over 60cm.

---

Btw, I just want to confirm my understanding of the ss in TenChi. If I remember correctly, Yuzu said it was meant to show a scene of battleship. Did anyone else get this impression he was doing swordplay? If it is, I would personally love to have this part further developed over the next competitions.

from 1:41 - 2:18

The highest 4Lo he has gotten so far is measured around 64cm (Saitama Worlds or Torino GPF perhaps?) so I think 60cm is his normal range, which is already incredible :)