General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, monchan said:

[NEWS]

So with cancellation of 4CC and to qualify for Worlds, he wants to participate in JNats. If Worlds proceed as planned next year, he intends to go for it? I'm sure not comfortable with him flying to Stockholm even if vaccine is available....

1 minute ago, yumeaki said:

So with cancellation of 4CC and to qualify for Worlds, he wants to participate in JNats. If Worlds proceed as planned next year, he intends to go for it? I'm sure not comfortable with him flying to Stockholm even if vaccine is available....

YEAHHHH. Look at UK situation I can't imagine if it is any better in Europe in March... Sigh. And imagine Rusfed might just shamefully send their COVID skaters there while insisting they don't have it :yuck:

I think he is finally getting to perform to a Taiga Drama BGM, which he talked about many years ago!  

The title "天と地と" is unique and recognizable as the 1969 NHK historical drama, which I remember watching as a child.  It's an epic story of struggle and heroism during the Warring Era (16th century Japan). The BGM is sweeping and dramatic, with plaintive shamisen and koto (starting at 34 seconds).  I hope this is the music he has chosen for the coming Olympic season.   

4 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

What happened to his old Pooh – his war buddy? Is he just taking a vacation now or did Yuzu retire him? Will we ever see him again? :sadPooh:

I don't remember where I watched/read this, but I remember him saying that he had to take care of Pooh-san, because that particular one was not in production anymore... so maybe old Pooh-san is retired? He has endured such a long period of abuse companionship, so he might be a bit worn out already. :squishedPooh::sadPooh:

8 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

I don't remember where I watched/read this, but I remember him saying that he had to take care of Pooh-san, because that particular one was not in production anymore... so maybe old Pooh-san is retired? He has endured such a long period of abuse companionship, so he might be a bit worn out already. :squishedPooh::sadPooh:

:cri: I want to see that particular Pooh san till his career ends...

But welcome new pooh:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

So many new photos

This post has been tagged by robin as [NEWS].

Ahh, it does my heart good to see those... Yuzu looks so focused and serious. I'm sure he's going to dazzle us. And Shoma has matured a lot  - you can see it in his face. Honestly, those photos don't give me the same sense of apprehension that I got from looking at all the Russian competitions this year. I'm confident now that everybody at JNats is taking the COVID threat seriously and being careful.

Japan's men's field is so deep...all those guys have a good chance of being on the podium right behind Yuzu.

18 minutes ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

It always makes me anxious whenever I see things in the media saying that Brian and him aren't in touch. Because Yuzu left to his own devices does wild things...

about Pooh-san: Yuzu is probably planning to thoroughly clean and disinfect everything he brings to Nagano when he gets back home. Maybe he doesn't think original Pooh-san would survive such a vigorous cleaning, so left him at home and brought a sturdier one instead?

23 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

You can cross it out, but abuse is abuse, and poor Pooh-san has really suffered for Yuzu's companionship over the years :rofl3:

1 minute ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Does Brian even know his programs:knc_brian2:

Speculation is fruitless, we're never gonna know the real story. IMO if Yuzu wants/needs Brian's input, he'll have asked for it for sure. But Yuzu's also got 20 years experience in skating, himself. He can probably handle solo practice