General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, TallyT said:

It would appear that the earliest will be.. the latest it can be done.

9 hours ago, Noelle said:

I wonder if he's enjoying the extra drama of not telling us anything in advance... :13877886:

9 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

The boy was robbed of the chance at 4cc, he is determined this time :coolio:

In Yuzu’s perfect world, he would love to keep everyone in suspense until he takes his jacket off during the 6-minute warm-ups and not reveal the programs until he actually skates them in the short and free.

Off topic but I wonder if he's gonna wear red if he really competes in Beijing 2022? (My guess is that Beijing 2022's gonna have a red theme.)

He wore blue Parisienne in Sochi (blue themed) and Purple Seimei during purple themed PC.

(This is so random I'm sorryyy):xD::sadPooh:

8 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

In Yuzu’s perfect world, he would love to keep everyone in suspense until he takes his jacket off during the 6-minute warm-ups and not reveal the programs until he actually skates them in the short and free.

Then this must be his perfect world.  I love that he gets to keep it to himself - how often has he been able to do that?  I expect to be floored.

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Tell me, people who were here before Pyeongchang.....was the stress comparable? :crazyshit:

Because on the one hand:

• You had already seen him compete a few times that season
  • Knew his programs
  • Knew his costumes
  • Knew his state of preparation before his injury
  • Knew he was under the care of his coaches
  • Knew he was definitely going :emoticonaci2019:

But, on the other hand:

• You knew he had been injured
  • Didn't know his recovery status
  • Didn't even fully know his layout once he got there because he was trolling
  • It was the Olympics :D 

I am completely zen compared to Pyeongchang 

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Tell me, people who were here before Pyeongchang.....was the stress comparable? :crazyshit:

Ehhh? This is nothing. I'm looking forward to his new programs but very calm. 

PC was super nerve-wrecking, cuz it's THE OLYMPICCCCC, his ultimate dream then. It was Lunar New Year here and I was supposed to be REALLYY busy but I couldn't do anything the whole morning as my head was just spinning round and round. I rmb I was shaking so hard, my hands were cold as it got closer to his skate. Also the 1 day waiting between SP and FS was kinda mind-boggling. I knew he was very close to OGM after the SP but couldn't help thinking "What if", "What if"...

Sleepless nights. Unforgettable, once in a life time experience I would say. Since then there have been many ups and downs but for me NOTHING can compare to Olympic experience.

1 hour ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Off topic but I wonder if he's gonna wear red if he really competes Beijing 2022? (My guess is that Beijing 2022's gonna have a red theme.)

He wore blue Parisienne in Sochi (blue themed) and Purple Seimei during purple themed PC.

(This is so random I'm sorryyy)

Hey don’t be sorry, it’s a very important issue!!! (RED would be FABULOUS!!) :loveshower:

3 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Because on the one hand:

• You had already seen him compete a few times that season
  • Knew his programs
  • Knew his costumes
  • Knew his state of preparation before his injury
  • Knew he was under the care of his coaches
  • Knew he was definitely going :emoticonaci2019:

But, on the other hand:

• You knew he had been injured
  • Didn't know his recovery status
  • Didn't even fully know his layout once he got there because he was trolling
  • It was the Olympics :D 

Not knowing his state was hell, the pressure from the media, all the push for his rivals etc. And it was so important for him to achieve!! I have never experienced anything like that! Now with the ease of him being the 2 times olympic chanpion, anythin left is a plus, just to see him still perform once in a year is like a gift so i’m pretty calm and just excitement.

5 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Tell me, people who were here before Pyeongchang.....was the stress comparable? 

For me, yes. It's a funny story:

Helsinki 2017: I was extremely nervous, especially after Yuzu's fifth place in the short. It was the first time that mom has watched him live, too. She confidently said that Yuzu would still win the whole thing. It was hard for me to believe her, but well... she was right, so I started to take her predictions more seriously from now on.

PyeongChang 2018: Mom said that Nathan will mess up and Yuzu will win, so I was relatively chilled from the beginning.

She didn't watch Saitama and Torino live. Maybe she should have... but taking care of my grandparents had top priority at that time. I can't blame her for that.

JNats 2020: She said that Yuzu will be great, so I'm chilled again.