General Yuzuru Chat

Just posted the link to the Fuji TV schedule (Japanese time) and English summary for Japanese Nationals in the Japan Nationals thread.  It's a bit confusing because Fuji TV keeps on switching between their terrestrial Fuji  TV channel and their satellite channels (CS Fuji TV One, BS Fuji TV), but the last two groups of the men are in the prime time spot on the regular Fuji TV channels.

9 hours ago, kiches said:

Has anyone tried using a mail forwarding service in Japan to purchase the 3.11 exhibition goods and run into issues?

I made an order to my Blackship forwarding address and got a notice that goods are only for sale and Japan and they won’t ship to forwarding address and to give them a Japanese phone # so they can call me to confirm my address. I had used this method for the Yomiuri exhibition goods this summer without issue but I’m wondering if the limit 3 of each item flagged some type of alert. 

I've used White Rabbit Express to order things from Japan and it worked great. Though I don't know if it would work for these items.

9 hours ago, kiches said:

Has anyone tried using a mail forwarding service in Japan to purchase the 3.11 exhibition goods and run into issues?

I made an order to my Blackship forwarding address and got a notice that goods are only for sale and Japan and they won’t ship to forwarding address and to give them a Japanese phone # so they can call me to confirm my address. I had used this method for the Yomiuri exhibition goods this summer without issue but I’m wondering if the limit 3 of each item flagged some type of alert. 

I use CDJapan’s proxy service. I only ordered a couple of days ago, so I’m not sure if there’ll be an issue. Usually they email me if there is, but so far so good.

Hace 11 horas, Cynthia said:

Hi everyone, 

Tuning in to tomorrow's live streaming party as usual. However I am going to be at my mom's place from December 23rd until January 3rd (6th if snowstorm) where I have no wifi. That means for December 26 and January 2 I will miss the live streaming party. Could you list the video links for those days in your replies? That way I can look them up and watch them on my own time. Thank you!

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia!

We’ll make a break too! So today is the last YuzuSkatingParty of this year and the next one will be on 16th of January!! So you won’t miss anything!

:snpeace:

1 hour ago, Glory said:

I've used White Rabbit Express to order things from Japan and it worked great. Though I don't know if it would work for these items.

Yeah Blackship recommended I use their proxy service which is White Rabbit since they have lots of buyers across Japan so the address wouldn’t be an issue. 

20 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

I have been watching old Yuzu vids on youtube and noticed that he is not doing beillmann spins anymore in his current competitive programs beside during notte stelatta ex in last gpf.Did he ever mention why?Is he having back injuries issues or losing his flexibilty?

I don't think it's either.

He always used to do a Biellmann during his free skates, and the last time (if I'm not wrong), was in Hope & Legacy. Then in 2018-2019 he went onto Origin 1.0 and 2.0 and I can't see that spin working in either of those versions because of the type of music and the power-driven choreo.

It can also just simply be because he wanted to switch up his programs and do different stuff. While his hydroblade and Ina Bauers are his trademark moves, I don't think he will use them until the end of his career. Switching up things is also important, otherwise, programs become predictable and monotonous over the years.

1 hour ago, lynnidolz said:

I have been watching old Yuzu vids on youtube and noticed that he is not doing beillmann spins anymore in his current competitive programs beside during notte stelatta ex in last gpf.Did he ever mention why?Is he having back injuries issues or losing his flexibilty?

I can't remember where I read/watched it, but I vaguely recall him mentioning that it's harder to do the Biellmann now that he's older. He had plans to do the Biellmann in Origin when he skated it at CoR 2018, because it was one of Plushenko's signature moves and he was performing Origin in Russia; he said he had even practiced it at TCC with the spin coach, but then injury happened during practice at CoR and they decided against it.

I think that Yuzu will surprise us with two new programs and two new costumes at nationals.

If I am correct, just imagine the pandemonium when he removes his warm-up jacket during the 6-minute warm-ups.

I am confident that he will be physically and mentally prepared and will regain the national title.

36 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

If I am correct, just imagine the pandemonium when he removes his warm-up jacket during the 6-minute warm-ups.

Now I'm sad that we're none of us able to be in the audience for that first big reveal of the year. That is really one of the best parts of ACI every year. 

On the other hand, it's nice that the privilege will go to a Japanese  audience this year.