General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

But I wanna see programs live! *pout* 

Nah, actually you're correct. I'm not as stressy as I was watching the 2018 CoR long program, knowing that Yuzu was deliberately skating on a badly injured ankle, but I am a little stressy just because it's been so long. Like, what if it's a messy first pancake? :titanic:

None of us might be able to watch anything live, given the policies of Fuji TV. We might end up watching the competition tables change. That’s a lot more stressful than watching anything live. 

4 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I don't want to give too much air time to the Japanese magazine that stalked Yuzu and his family couple of months ago, but a recent magazine cover (I won't read the magazine) indicated that Yuzu has been at the Sendai rink for about 3 hours (not sure how regularly?)  in the middle of the night.   

I don't doubt that Sendai rink will give him the necessary access - and these wee hours in Japan would be convenient timing for Zooming with his coaches in Toronto.  

I have no doubt that Yuzu has been practicing on his own at Ice Rink Sendai in the wee hours of the morning. In the 2012 documentary "Spirits of the Athletes" starting at approximately 27:00, it shows him back in Japan in August and practicing by himself at 2 AM. Click the closed caption icon for English subtitles.

This was before Yuzu winning two Olympic gold medals, receiving the People's Honour Award, becoming the most popular athlete in Japan and donating tons of money to Ice Rink Sendai. I would think that Ice Rink Sendai would be more than happy to accommodate their pride and joy and benefactor.

24 分, Geo1さんが言いました:

I have no doubt that Yuzu has been practicing on his own at Ice Rink Sendai in the wee hours of the morning. In the 2012 documentary "Spirits of the Athletes" starting at approximately 27:00, it shows him back in Japan in August and practicing by himself at 2 AM. Click the closed caption icon for English subtitles.

This was before Yuzu winning two Olympic gold medals, receiving the People's Honour Award, becoming the most popular athlete in Japan and donating tons of money to Ice Rink Sendai. I would think that Ice Rink Sendai would be more than happy to accommodate their pride and joy and benefactor.

I believe that Ice Rink Sendai can be rented anytime except for the operation hours. Even for the less accomplished skaters, I guess it is possible for them to practise in those hours. Though with Yuzu, they may be even more accommodating to his schedule.

:coolio:

Regarding nationals, I am already panicking. :ninja: Glad that I will be on annual leave for the coming two weeks, else I will be a completely useless employee (if and) when Yuzu appears. :drama::panic:

1 hour ago, Fay said:

None of us might be able to watch anything live, given the policies of Fuji TV. We might end up watching the competition tables change. That’s a lot more stressful than watching anything live. 

What time will it be for Europe? Maybe there will be a X-Mas miracle and someone will help us watch it live...

7 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Considering what he has given to Ice Rink Sendai, I seriously think that at his retirement they might rename the rink Ice Rink Yuzuru Hanyu.  It would be a fitting gesture to thank him for the help over the years.  I actually think, also, that he will try to not have them do the renaming but here I think the popular will will prevail.

On another topic, next year's torch relay building up to the opening of the Olympics, if he carries the torch in Sendai, his route will either begin or end or pass by the rink at some point.  You can be sure that if the route is known it will be jammed with spectators and journalists armed with cameras and will probably be aired countless times on Japanese TV.

10 hours ago, Veveco said:

Look who made the cover of the ISU calendar. (I'm not giving them my money but it's a very nice shot of Swanyu!)

(And no, the ISU isn't very subtle when it comes to money)

[News]

You'd think they'd put ou a separate one for speed and figure skating - who's going to pay (though it's not expensive) for just the few pics of their chosen sport (umm, oh yes, that's why they put you know who on the cover).

Hi everyone, 

Tuning in to tomorrow's live streaming party as usual. However I am going to be at my mom's place from December 23rd until January 3rd (6th if snowstorm) where I have no wifi. That means for December 26 and January 2 I will miss the live streaming party. Could you list the video links for those days in your replies? That way I can look them up and watch them on my own time. Thank you!

Cynthia

1 hour ago, Cynthia said:

Hi everyone, 

Tuning in to tomorrow's live streaming party as usual. However I am going to be at my mom's place from December 23rd until January 3rd (6th if snowstorm) where I have no wifi. That means for December 26 and January 2 I will miss the live streaming party. Could you list the video links for those days in your replies? That way I can look them up and watch them on my own time. Thank you!

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia! Cmiiw but videos streamed on the party are usually already tagged as "Yuzuru's Journey" category in the Videos page. Happy watching 😁

Has anyone tried using a mail forwarding service in Japan to purchase the 3.11 exhibition goods and run into issues?

I made an order to my Blackship forwarding address and got a notice that goods are only for sale and Japan and they won’t ship to forwarding address and to give them a Japanese phone # so they can call me to confirm my address. I had used this method for the Yomiuri exhibition goods this summer without issue but I’m wondering if the limit 3 of each item flagged some type of alert.