General Yuzuru Chat

[NEWS]

https://www.bruinsportsanalytics.com/post/olympic_skating_champion

I found this and it sounds quite bias-free, and you can easily sense a desire to follow the facts and educate through facts and figures. Also it gets of course a great deal of admiration toward Yuzu as a true row model ( which, let`s face it, is really rare in the now-a-days media). Hope and Legacy is also posted by the end of the artilce as the author`s favorite, and I enjoyed watching again, as it is  one of my most favorite one as well (I guess I am a Chopin`s Ballade fan all the way, too, can`t deny it!). Well, enjoy it, could be a good start of a Sunday, as it was for me. Maybe you guys know a bit more about the author or the site itself.

I hope it is ok that I put the [news] mention up front.

hello guys I'm new to FS and it's been 24 days since I become a fanyuu..

I've been to this website for a while but as I don't really understand how it works, I rarely come here T__T

this might be so random but the retirement of yuzu came to my mind, and it's been bothering me ever since  👉👈  i'm so so so sad for knowing yuzu just now </3 i just realized javi retired at 28 yo and figure skater are normally retired under 30s and now yuzu is 26 yo alr...

esp bcs of the goddamn pandemic!!! 

and another thing is that as i'm completely new to FS, there are a lot of things i need to learn more abt the sport. i'm highly interested in FS thanks to yuzu, but it's an absolute new world to me so there are so many things to catch up. i can't even really have a convo w other fanyu/figure skater fan because i still feel clueless about it (i keep learning about FS on daily basis though!!)

i do wish i were older and more independent so i could travel and watch yuzu's performance in competition with my own money, which is such a big dream to me (i mean it suckz to live in my country where the existence of figure skating is not even recognized). realistically speaking, i don't think i'll ever get to accomplish such a dream because i'm just a mere (and broke) college student now.... :crybaby:

well yeah that's it. i hope you guys are having a good day/night wherever you are. take care of your health because it's the no. 1 priority during the pandemic. i wish you all happiness:love::bunny-smiley::knc_yuzu2:

24 minutes ago, mineyoo said:

I've been to this website for a while but as I don't really understand how it works, I rarely come here T__T

this might be so random but the retirement of yuzu came to my mind, and it's been bothering me ever since  👉👈  i'm so so so sad for knowing yuzu just now </3 i just realized javi retired at 28 yo and figure skater are normally retired under 30s and now yuzu is 26 yo alr...

and another thing is that as i'm completely new to FS, there are a lot of things i need to learn more abt the sport. i'm highly interested in FS thanks to yuzu, but it's an absolute new world to me so there are so many things to catch up. i can't even really have a convo w other fanyu/figure skater fan because i still feel clueless about it (i keep learning about FS on daily basis though!!)

i do wish i were older and more independent so i could travel and watch yuzu's performance in competition with my own money, which is such a big dream to me (i mean it suckz to live in my country where the existence of figure skating is not even recognized). realistically speaking, i don't think i'll ever get to accomplish such a dream because i'm just a mere (and broke) college student now.... :crybaby:

well yeah that's it. i hope you guys are having a good day/night wherever you are. take care of your health because it's the no. 1 priority during the pandemic. i wish you all happiness:love::bunny-smiley::knc_yuzu2:

Welcome to the planet!  Hope you can enjoy here because we have many many interesting topics you can explore :chase:

Apparently figure skating is barely recognized in my country too and that's a shame... indeed we have some ice rinks throughtout the country but i think those are just for recreational purpose, and it might also because my country doesn't really focused on sports development in general

If you want to learn more abt FS, i'd suggest you to follow Russian FS. Despite of all dramas they had, Russian athletes are really good and exciting to watch! :rofl3:

I've pointed this out before but will do so again, and say that the JSF can only go so far in handling Yuzu negatively.  The reasons are two.  First, Yuzu's popularity with the Japanese public, a popularity that in Japan goes well beyond those who are figure skating enthusiasts but includes broad admiration from the general public, an admiration that makes Yuzu an icon of all that is best in the Japanese character, that makes any perception that the JSF is working against Yuzu one that hurts the JSF's standing with the Japanese public rather than Yuzu's.  Secondly, Yuzu has a lot of big money behind him, not just in his current endorsements but in those who would like to have him endorse them.  They don't want anything to compromise Yuzu's public image.  Put those two together and Yuzu is seen as someone the JSF must deal with quite carefully.  Japan has a culture that is both traditional and commercial and Yuzu is one of Japan's untouchables when it comes to both.

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I've pointed this out before but will do so again, and say that the JSF can only go so far in handling Yuzu negatively.  The reasons are two.  First, Yuzu's popularity with the Japanese public, a popularity that in Japan goes well beyond those who are figure skating enthusiasts but includes broad admiration from the general public, an admiration that makes Yuzu an icon of all that is best in the Japanese character, that makes any perception that the JSF is working against Yuzu one that hurts the JSF's standing with the Japanese public rather than Yuzu's.  Secondly, Yuzu has a lot of big money behind him, not just in his current endorsements but in those who would like to have him endorse them.  They don't want anything to compromise Yuzu's public image.  Put those two together and Yuzu is seen as someone the JSF must deal with quite carefully.  Japan has a culture that is both traditional and commercial and Yuzu is one of Japan's untouchables when it comes to both.

I saw the CM and... is Yuzu really competing?😰

then there’s gonna be a really high risk of the spread though...

7 hours ago, mineyoo said:

Welcome~ Hope you have a great time here!!:tumblr_inline_mzx8txTRzl1r8msi5:

41 минуту назад, YuzuNekozuu сказал:

I saw the CM and... is Yuzu really competing?😰

then there’s gonna be a really high risk of the spread though...

Yuzu is on the competition list, but he can WD until the last minute, so we can only wait.

Handsome boy

About Nats, I respect his own choice. It's a difficult situation for athletes to decide whether to compete. 

As much as I hope things will go safely, I can't guarantee if the organizers will take proper safety measures. FS in Japan has always been about money and TV ratings, who knows how much audience and media they will let in :dontknow: