General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Btw is anyone changing the infobox picture of Yuzu on his Wikipedia to PyeongChang 2018’s? There’s people asking in the QnA area in Wikipedia. I tried changing but the procedure sure is hard so I didn’t continue..

It's not that easy to change pictures on Wikipedia.

You can only use pictures that are uploaded on the sister project Wikimedia Commons under the free Wiki Commons license.

That means: you allow every person to use, share and edit the picture for commercial and non-commercial purposes without giving credit to you.

That's the reason why there are so few proper pictures of Yuzu on Wikipedia. There are very few people who are willing to contribute something under free license.

This is the current library of Yuzu-pictures on Wiki Commons (it's really pitiful considering the masses of pics that are floating on Twitter, Insta and other platforms):

Yuzuru Hanyu on Wikimedia Commons

If you want to upload a new profile picture, you can do it here (but you need a Wiki-account):

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:UploadWizard

Edit: @YuzuNekozuu Do you have the exact link to the QnA page, where the profile pic is discussed?

I might be of help there. Media files are a very sensitive topic on Wikipedia and you can be easily blocked for vandalism, if you don't follow the strict guidelines of the page.

For me the date on which BY became AY was Jan. 4, 2018. That day the New York Times published a story about his quest for a second OGM. The headline called him "the greatest figure skater ever" and mentioned Pooh. After I read it, I googled him and started watching videos. One of the first that popped up was swanyu with an LGC encore. 

That was it: Instant, undying, boundless obsession. It's so strange now to look back on all those years when he was competing and I was totally oblivious. Or to think that if I hadn't seen the Times' story, I might have never known the agony/ecstasy of being a fanyu. A genuine life-changing moment. 

:003: :nod2:

36 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

It's not that easy to change pictures on Wikipedia.

You can only use pictures that are uploaded on the sister project Wikimedia Commons under the free Wiki Commons license.

That means: you allow every person to use, share and edit the picture for commercial and non-commercial purposes without giving credit to you.

That's the reason why there are so few proper pictures of Yuzu on Wikipedia. There are very few people who are willing to contribute something under free license.

This is the current library of Yuzu-pictures on Wiki Commons (it's really pitiful considering the masses of pics that are floating on Twitter, Insta and other platforms):

Yuzuru Hanyu on Wikimedia Commons

If you want to upload a new profile picture, you can do it here (but you need a Wiki-account):

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:UploadWizard

Edit: @YuzuNekozuu Do you have the exact link to the QnA page, where the profile pic is discussed?

I might be of help there. Media files are a very sensitive topic on Wikipedia and you can be easily blocked for vandalism, if you don't follow the strict guidelines of the page.

Yup! I know about the UploadWizard thing, but I dare not do it (in case I get sued for copyright reasons...) thank you for helping out!!:tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Yuzuru_Hanyu

here you go!! Scroll down and there was someone asking whether to change his infobox pics.

39 minutes ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Yup! I know about the UploadWizard thing, but I dare not do it (in case I get sued for copyright reasons...) thank you for helping out!!:tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Yuzuru_Hanyu

here you go!! Scroll down and there was someone asking whether to change his infobox.

Thanks!

The thing is: when I edited Yuzu's page on Wikiquote this year, I reached out to fans, if anyone is willing to upload new pictures on Commons, but nothing has happened so far. So I was forced to use the few pictures from the old library. It was a bit frustrating, considering how many awesome Yuzu pics are uploaded on Twitter and Insta every second.

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

For me the date on which BY became AY was Jan. 4, 2018. That day the New York Times published a story about his quest for a second OGM. The headline called him "the greatest figure skater ever" and mentioned Pooh. After I read it, I googled him and started watching videos. One of the first that popped up was swanyu with an LGC encore. 

That was it: Instant, undying, boundless obsession. It's so strange now to look back on all those years when he was competing and I was totally oblivious. Or to think that if I hadn't seen the Times' story, I might have never known the agony/ecstasy of being a fanyu. A genuine life-changing moment. 

Me too! The New York Times story and LGC were my first true exposure to him. I was impressed by that Stephane quote about Yuzu being the most complete skater ever and I wanted to learn more. During Sochi I had some awareness from Canadian media as "that Japanese teenager who beat Our Hero Patrick Chan :(" but as I didn't care much about Patrick Chan, I didn't really pay attention :D After the NYT story I came across stories about Yuzu and Javi and their training situation and I thought it was delightful and decided to support them. :D 

I'm now watching the live streaming of the sampling capsule of Hayabusa2 returning to earth from Asteroid Ryugu.

Sorry for off-topic, but I just felt it's something very symbolic just before Yuzuru's birthday :D 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayabusa2

It's back on time just as calculated :yay:

Good pre-celebration for his birthday :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I forgot to mention.

It was launched in 2014 and landed on Ryugu in 2018. Two memorable years :girlsigh:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thanks!

The thing is: when I edited Yuzu's page on Wikiquote this year, I reached out to fans, if anyone is willing to upload new pictures on Commons, but nothing has happened so far. So I was forced to use the few pictures from the old library. It was a bit frustrating, considering how many awesome Yuzu pics are uploaded on Twitter and Insta every second.

@sallycinnamon might have some pictures of yuzu? she takes great ones. also, phantom kabocha on twitter has a lot of "free to use" photos (http://photos.phantomkabocha.com/FigureSkating/index.html) maybe you can contact her?

3 hours ago, fyere0 said:

but as I didn't care much about Patrick Chan, I didn't really pay attention

Funny thing about PChan...I didn't  really care about him either until he had that disastrous pre-Olympic autumn season in 2017. Then I had sympathy for him because he sounded so depressed. But his skating never drew me in until I saw him live.

18 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

But his skating never drew me in until I saw him live.

Same for me. I think I started appreciate him more after comeback, also then his interviews started to be more readable, but his scoring range dropped.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

@sallycinnamon might have some pictures of yuzu? she takes great ones. also, phantom kabocha on twitter has a lot of "free to use" photos (http://photos.phantomkabocha.com/FigureSkating/index.html) maybe you can contact her?

Phantom went to many competitions and he has a lot of great pictures of Yuzu, maybe you can ask him :) Sadly I don't have a professional  camera and I stopped taking pictures during competitions after Helsinki '18 I think so I don't have many good pictures of him...

8 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

I started watching FS when I was a kid. My mom loves watching FS, so I started watching with her. I've been soooo kuyashii that the time period I stopped watching FS was exactly the time when Yuzu started competing. :headdesk:  After PyeongChang, I thought, "Oh man, I missed out on watching the GOAT compete." I feel very lucky and fortunate that he continued competing even after winning 2 Olympic gold medals. 

7 часов назад, Henni147 сказал:

Thanks!

I have some photos from Torino. There's many that are better than mine on twitter, but I have no problem with sharing. Just let me know what and how many you need (comp, gala, practice) and I'll look what I have