General Yuzuru Chat

10 часов назад, barbara сказал:

I don't see him doing pairs just because he really doesn't have the size or body type for it.  Have you seen the workouts the Canadian pairs guys do, off the ice?  They are all pretty tall and all have very built up chest and shoulder muscles.  The only one I know of who doesn't fit that is Jean Luc, though he skates for the US.

I think for his complexion Yuzu's chest and shoulder muscles are pretty built up. But there aren't tall boys among Japanese skaters in general, maybe only Keiji can meet the description with some small girl.

7 hours ago, barbara said:

1452 days?  But who's counting?  I admire your precision.

Well, I didn't know that Yuzuru Hanyu existed - until 11 December 2016. That was the day of the exhibition gala at the GPF in Marseille. I was randomly zapping through some TV channels, when I stumbled across Eurosport, saw that white swan and... went down into the cellar to fetch my jaw.

I will never forget, how flubbergasted I was that day. I watched and rewatched that performance in loop, but I just couldn't believe my eyes that this was a live sport event and not the making of a new fantasy movie with +100M$ budget. The skating, the costume, the atmosphere... it was all too beautiful to be real.

So 12-11-2016 is THE day for me, where everything started.

7 hours ago, monchan said:

Who says he wants a female partner? He did perfect lifts with male partners all the times :embSwan:

Yes yes, I know that. 

But I'm  actually  trying to give Aljona's words serious consideration, like if he really wanted to try and compete in pairs right now

10 hours ago, Lunna said:

I think for his complexion Yuzu's chest and shoulder muscles are pretty built up. But there aren't tall boys among Japanese skaters in general, maybe only Keiji can meet the description with some small girl.

I can see that Yuzu is maximum muscle.  All lean muscle.  His chest and shoulders and back (etc, etc) are nothing by muscle. Even his ears have muscles.  If he wanted to skate pairs, he could (and would, no doubt) do what he'd need to to bulk up so he could easily lift another skater.  I truly believe he will always be a singles skater and that when he does retire, he'll coach.

22 hours ago, Henni147 said:

1. I have known him for 1452 days.

2. I saw a swan on Eurosport and thought: Magic does not only exist in fairy tales and fantasy novels, but in real life, too.

18 hours ago, barbara said:

1452 days?  But who's counting?  I admire your precision.  I'd say there was life before him and life after.  I barely remember before because he's made such a difference in my life, though I have to say an appearance right about now would boost this year a lot.

For me the year 7 AH (After Hanyu) is less than 2 1/2 months away. The year 0 for me started on February 13, 2014 when I was channel surfing and chanced upon the men's short program. I was not a fan of figure skating, but when I saw Yuzuru Hanyu skating to Parisienne Walkways, I was hooked and had to know more about this extraordinary young man. That is when everything became BH (Before Hanyu) and AH (After Hanyu).

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

For me the year 7 AH (After Hanyu) is less than 2 1/2 months away. The year 0 for me started on February 13, 2014 when I was channel surfing and chanced upon the men's short program. I was not a fan of figure skating, but when I saw Yuzuru Hanyu skating to Parisienne Walkways, I was hooked and had to know more about this extraordinary young man. That is when everything became BH (Before Hanyu) and AH (After Hanyu).

Although I noticed Yuzu at those Olympics, my own true BH/AH date was Oct 28, 2016, the day LGC was first unleashed on the unsuspecting TV audience and I happened to see it at home, was struck between the eyes by the fact that Yuzu seemed to literally be channeling Prince, and I became insatiable for Yuzu after that. 

I only wish it had been sooner! :D

5 hours ago, barbara said:

I can see that Yuzu is maximum muscle.  All lean muscle.  His chest and shoulders and back (etc, etc) are nothing by muscle. Even his ears have muscles.  If he wanted to skate pairs, he could (and would, no doubt) do what he'd need to to bulk up so he could easily lift another skater.  I truly believe he will always be a singles skater and that when he does retire, he'll coach.

Yuzu can wiggle his ears....true fact:cheer:

3 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

Yuzu can wiggle his ears....true fact:cheer:

New requirement in the choreo sequence? no ear wiggling = 0 GOE? Yuzu ear wiggles = +5 GOE? :xD:

(I kid, I kid. Just in case anyone thinks I mean it seriously - no, of course not. 

Spoiler

maybe :P

I'm a relatively new fan- I went through my watch history and concluded that the 28th of March this year was the day. I watched some figure skating from PC2018 during the Christmas break because I was bored and curious, but didn't get around to Yuzu (smh) until March. I'd missed 4CC 2020 by then :facepalm:

But better late than never :1:

53 minutes ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

I'm a relatively new fan- I went through my watch history and concluded that the 28th of March this year was the day. I watched some figure skating from PC2018 during the Christmas break because I was bored and curious, but didn't get around to Yuzu (smh) until March. I'd missed 4CC 2020 by then :facepalm:

But better late than never :1:

Fortunately, there are literally hundreds of hours of videos you can now watch and be blown away with every one.  Not just competitions, but his shows, too.  And interviews.  Competitions is a good place to start, though his junior years ('til 2010) are remarkable.  Be warned about COC 2014 where there's an ugly crash - but it is example of one of his most admirable qualities, that inspires me.  He doesn't give up.  He comes back.  He gets better.  He sees every set back as an opportunity.  He is kind and generous.  But you'll find out about all that.  First, watch him evolve.  I'm a little bit jealous of seeing him for the first time....

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

New requirement in the choreo sequence? no ear wiggling = 0 GOE? Yuzu ear wiggles = +5 GOE? :xD:

(I kid, I kid. Just in case anyone thinks I mean it seriously - no, of course not. 

Hide contents

maybe :P

You can't practice ear wiggles, though.  You can do it or you can't.  It kind of gives him an unfair advantage.  (Though I have said before that even his ears have muscles - and I didn't know about the ear wiggling then.)