General Yuzuru Chat

40 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I might be wrong about this, but isn't  there a cut-off score you have to be above in order to make the Olympics? They don't  let just anybody compete. No Jamaican bobsled team-style stories in figure skating! And you have to achieve the cut-off scores at an internationally ratified competition like a GP, not Nationals. So if no one from Canada  can compete for the whole year until next GP season, that limits all their chances to get the cut-off score. 

Couldn't they also do it at a Challenger competition like ACI? I imagine our men, pairs, and ice dance teams that are likely to be selected for the Olympic shouldn't have issues achieving the minimum TES anyways. And we'll at least have Keegan, who competed at SkAm this season?

In Yuzu-related notes, if anyone is looking to pre-order the Be the Light photobook, CDJapan has it up for preorder. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
10 часов назад, barbara сказал:

Why would it?  Aren't athletes picked by their home countries/federations to participate in the Olympics? Jun participated in only one GP event in 2017 but still went to the Olympics.  And Yuzu was picked for the national team even while injured and not competing.  Does Canada have special qualifications?  (I could see a country wanting their athletes to be the best their country has to put forward, but, for the 2022 Olympics, wouldn't that be competitions in the '21-'22 season?  And Nationals?)

The number of Oly spots is decided at WC the season before Olys (Stockholm for now). Like if Oly were held this year Japan would have 3 spots, Russia 2 spots and Canada 1 spot for men based on Saitama WC results. Spots belong to the country, not to the certain athlete. Who will get the spot for the country is usually decided at Nats.

Some additional spots can be earned in the autumn at Nebelhorn Trophy. If country will not compete at WC at all I am not sure what the rules are (or ISU will have to come up with some new rules). Jun I think had one spot in PC as he was from a host country.

6 часов назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

I might be wrong about this, but isn't  there a cut-off score you have to be above in order to make the Olympics?

There's minimum TES for all big competitions.

21 hours ago, snowy said:

Just had a glance at Yuma's SP and boy how many people are there in the arena? So what if they sit a bit, much less than 2m, apart or they wear masks? The number of people is too many for an indoor event in low temperature. If that is how the national is supposed to be I pray that Yuzu withdraws. 

It was packed without social distancing and some people not wearing a mask. I was surprised to see this actually... and now I'm worried about Nationals.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

It was packed without social distancing and some people not wearing a mask. I was surprised to see this actually... and now I'm worried about Nationals.

I hope Nationals is streamed online. They shouldn't allow audiences already. Idk if they are doing this for the sale of tickets. Maybe. :sadPooh:

On 11/28/2020 at 11:02 AM, Sayu93 said:

They could hold it without audience and stream through Zaiko or similar paying plattforms to still get revenue!!

They'd get many more times the revenue, if they did, because there's no  limit to the size of an audience for a livestream

7 hours ago, Lunna said:

The number of Oly spots is decided at WC the season before Olys (Stockholm for now). Like if Oly were held this year Japan would have 3 spots, Russia 2 spots and Canada 1 spot for men based on Saitama WC results.

So if there's  Worlds this year but Canada (or any other country) doesn't go, then what? 

29 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

So if there's  Worlds this year but Canada (or any other country) doesn't go, then what? 

Or will need to get some spots at Nebelhorn if it will take place in autumn. Though if more will WD (like Japan, which WDed from speed skating WC in February), hopefully there will be some additional rules or comps.

3 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Dear fellow satellites!

:tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:Join the special YuzuSkatingParty to celebrate Yuzuru’s birthday! We have prepared many giveaways! :626gdau::dancingpooh:

And please do not forget to send your birthday wishes! Deadline: 30. November 24:00 CET. :cheer:

For further infos please check this thread:

I'll send a tweet about this directly back to the PH tweet, but I need to inform everyone that Dec 7th is not next Sunday.  It's a Monday.  I don't know if that is going to impact anything in particular.  The thing is that most of us would be watching and celebrating on Sunday the 6th, but it would already be the 7th in Japan.

58 minutes ago, barbara said:

I'll send a tweet about this directly back to the PH tweet, but I need to inform everyone that Dec 7th is not next Sunday.  It's a Monday.  I don't know if that is going to impact anything in particular.  The thing is that most of us would be watching and celebrating on Sunday the 6th, but it would already be the 7th in Japan.

Oops, I'll correct it!

ETA: [NEWS]

:crybaby: