General Yuzuru Chat

39 minutes ago, Cynthia said:

This is a bit late, but I have recently come across this article. It says he is going to be there. Please tell me what you think.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2020/11/25/figure-skating/yuzuru-hanyu-national-championships/

I think it doesn't mean much. Yuzu hasn't confirmed officially yet, so let's wait 

PS: I just read an article that said Yuzu is aiming for Beijing gold although he hasn't confirmed anything about Beijing :grin:

49 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I think it doesn't mean much. Yuzu hasn't confirmed officially yet, so let's wait 

PS: I just read an article that said Yuzu is aiming for Beijing gold although he hasn't confirmed anything about Beijing :grin:

He has plenty of time to decide and confirm Beijing Olympics. It isn't for another two years. We all still need to wriggle out of the pandemic we are in. The vaccines that Moderna and Pfizer has released still need plenty of time to be distributed to the public. I wouldn't mind waiting any longer given our situation. 

10 часов назад, Melodie сказал:

I don't know how to feel about it. Off-topic a little bit, the Canada team may not attend at all. Does that mean they will not have spots for Beijing altogether? If they can still qualify, say, based on the results from the previous year (not ideal, but still), what's the use of risking it all to go to Sweden? 

I think this topic belongs to General skating chat, but anyway. Usually several additional spots can be earned at Nebelhorn in autumn. It's too early to guess with what decision ISU will come up, cuz more countries might WD or WC can be cancelled altogether, or Olys moved a year later, too much unknown.

Mom is still the best, when it comes to optimism and motivation.

' This year Yuzu finally had the chance to recover from old injuries, bring his body in the best shape for a long time and focus on the things he wants. He was freed from the enormous stress at Worlds, had 9 long months to work silently on his jumps, prepare his programs and work out training methods and strategies that suit his current situation. I do believe that his next outing in competition - whenever it will be - will be a surprise and it will be great. '

Just had a glance at Yuma's SP and boy how many people are there in the arena? So what if they sit a bit, much less than 2m, apart or they wear masks? The number of people is too many for an indoor event in low temperature. If that is how the national is supposed to be I pray that Yuzu withdraws. 

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Mom is still the best, when it comes to optimism and motivation.

' This year Yuzu finally had the chance to recover from old injuries, bring his body in the best shape for a long time and focus on the things he wants. He was freed from the enormous stress at Worlds, had 9 long months to work silently on his jumps, prepare his programs and work out training methods and strategies that suit his current situation. I do believe that his next outing in competition - whenever it will be - will be a surprise and it will be great. '

I love your Mom :clapclap4:

On 11/26/2020 at 12:42 PM, yuzuangel said:

Aww :loveshower: i hope all this media frenzy won't make him compete out of obligation if he was planning on WDing haha...

Unlikely. I think that when it comes to skating he always prioritizes exactly what he should do, and public opinion/pressure to conform is simply not on that list. 

Ugh. The news about Canada  potentially not competing at Worlds is a major hit, not going to lie, because it really does crack open the possibility  of no Canadians at Beijing  either. 

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Unlikely. I think that when it comes to skating he always prioritizes exactly what he should do, and public opinion/pressure to conform is simply not on that list. 

Ugh. The news about Canada  potentially not competing at Worlds is a major hit, not going to lie, because it really does crack open the possibility  of no Canadians at Beijing  either. 

Why would it?  Aren't athletes picked by their home countries/federations to participate in the Olympics? Jun participated in only one GP event in 2017 but still went to the Olympics.  And Yuzu was picked for the national team even while injured and not competing.  Does Canada have special qualifications?  (I could see a country wanting their athletes to be the best their country has to put forward, but, for the 2022 Olympics, wouldn't that be competitions in the '21-'22 season?  And Nationals?)

On 11/27/2020 at 1:38 AM, Umebachi said:

[NEWS]

A Japanese fan captured the news bulletin on JR (Japan Railways) train.   Yuzu has made it on the front page even on a regular commuter train news channel!  Local fans are aware that he may not actually compete, but the news item is lifting up our spirits to see that he is still an active competitor.  

And in several different languages as well. So considerate.

3 hours ago, barbara said:

Why would it?  Aren't athletes picked by their home countries/federations to participate in the Olympics? Jun participated in only one GP event in 2017 but still went to the Olympics.  And Yuzu was picked for the national team even while injured and not competing.  Does Canada have special qualifications?  (I could see a country wanting their athletes to be the best their country has to put forward, but, for the 2022 Olympics, wouldn't that be competitions in the '21-'22 season?  And Nationals?)

I might be wrong about this, but isn't  there a cut-off score you have to be above in order to make the Olympics? They don't  let just anybody compete. No Jamaican bobsled team-style stories in figure skating! And you have to achieve the cut-off scores at an internationally ratified competition like a GP, not Nationals. So if no one from Canada  can compete for the whole year until next GP season, that limits all their chances to get the cut-off score.