General Yuzuru Chat

The recent news about Euros:

Plus a few soft whispers that a fed has unofficially told their skaters that they can expect Euros and Worlds to be canceled (this is unconfirmed and a rumour so far) makes it very likely that Nationals are fairly irrelevant this year anyway.

I think holding Nationals is a very bad idea, without audience, as well. Looking at the numbers in the area right now, even without audience, how would it be a good idea? Organizing an event on that scale cannot all be done online, setting it up cannot all be done over Zoom, and that process will involve more than five people together indoors at multiple times anyway - and even if they are all masked up and distance as much as possible, that is still unnecessary risk that would go against cautious guidelines. To top that off, we do know that Yuzu is a high risk individual because of his asthma, so him being out of his bubble at all would be a risk. JSF is being pretty terrible by advertising their event using a high risk individual who would be in danger even for a no-audience event.

We've seen how backstage and training areas end up being - people wait indoors while warming up. There are coaches and teams present. There are organizers and staff present. The longer you spend indoors with a group of people, no matter how good your mask, the higher the risk if just one person is an asymptomatic carrier at a point too early to be detected by a test. Having an event at all is a gathering of people, indoors. Doing that in a place where numbers are rising, audience or not, seems like a pretty terrible idea to me, for everybody involved - let alone when you add a high risk headliner to the mix. It's a figure skating event, not an essential service. (Even if seeing Yuzu feels like an essential service for the sustenance of life to be me rn lol I'm at the full-on dramatic stage of Yuzu-withdrawal.)

So yeah, I hope there's no undue pressure on Yuzu to compete, because left to himself, I believe he'd WD.

30 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

The recent news about Euros:

Plus a few soft whispers that a fed has unofficially told their skaters that they can expect Euros and Worlds to be canceled (this is unconfirmed and a rumour so far) makes it very likely that Nationals are fairly irrelevant this year anyway.

I think holding Nationals is a very bad idea, without audience, as well. Looking at the numbers in the area right now, even without audience, how would it be a good idea? Organizing an event on that scale cannot all be done online, setting it up cannot all be done over Zoom, and that process will involve more than five people together indoors at multiple times anyway - and even if they are all masked up and distance as much as possible, that is still unnecessary risk that would go against cautious guidelines. To top that off, we do know that Yuzu is a high risk individual because of his asthma, so him being out of his bubble at all would be a risk. JSF is being pretty terrible by advertising their event using a high risk individual who would be in danger even for a no-audience event.

We've seen how backstage and training areas end up being - people wait indoors while warming up. There are coaches and teams present. There are organizers and staff present. The longer you spend indoors with a group of people, no matter how good your mask, the higher the risk if just one person is an asymptomatic carrier at a point too early to be detected by a test. Having an event at all is a gathering of people, indoors. Doing that in a place where numbers are rising, audience or not, seems like a pretty terrible idea to me, for everybody involved - let alone when you add a high risk headliner to the mix. It's a figure skating event, not an essential service. (Even if seeing Yuzu feels like an essential service for the sustenance of life to be rn lol I'm at the full-on dramatic stage of Yuzu-withdrawal.)

So yeah, I hope there's no undue pressure on Yuzu to compete, because left to himself, I believe he'd WD.

I totally agree. Even if you believed masks are 100 percent protection (which they're not) you can't skate with one and It stays in the air for hours. If I were him I'd wait for the vaccine. But I guess we will see

37 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh I agree, and I suspect he's probably getting pressure in both directions as the public face of fs, and one of the public faces of sport as a whole, in Japan. To go for the benefit of his beloved sport, or to withdraw as an example to the public.

Whatever he decides, all we can do is send karmic good thoughts....

3 hours ago, Melodie said:

The release of a new line of chewing gum also becomes the news :P 

Anyway, it seems that this one is designed by Yuzu??? (or is it revamped with his images from the latest comps on the cover?) We can talk about this while we wait for official confirmation from him :grin:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

It IS news. And the gum comes in four different designs. 

This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

They're really going with the minimalism route for this line of merch, aren't they. :space:

54 minutes ago, Fay said:

I wonder if they aren’t going over the top with it! 

These clear files are simple but I'm more likely to use them in real life for their intended purpose , like putting reports in them :), so I'd like a couple. Those:smiley-cool14: :heart:clear files with Yuzu pics are too precious to use, so mine are all sequestered in a clear-file file :laughing:, since I'm afraid of getting them scratched up and they might not be appropriate to use in a professional setting :wink2:, no matter how beautiful.

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

These clear files are simple but I'm more likely to use them in real life for their intended purpose , like putting reports in them :), so I'd like a couple. Those:smiley-cool14: :heart:clear files with Yuzu pics are too precious to use, so mine are all sequestered in a clear-file file :laughing:, since I'm afraid of getting them scratched up and they might not be appropriate to use in a professional setting :wink2:, no matter how beautiful.

I got one of those files before and...I really wanted to use it but I was sooooo scared so I wrapped the file with clear wrapping before using.....:embSwan:

me being extra hahahaha ugh:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

gooood morning! :D 

Wow, those clearfiles ahahaha! On the other hand, maybe they are catering to the shy!Fanyu market? :rofl3:

I also am scared of using clearfiles in daily life because a) I don't wanna scratch them, and b) I feel self conscious appearing in an official setting with Yuzu's pretty face on display for everyone :embSwan:.

speaking of Yuzu's pretty face on stationery...

We just posted the winning prize for anyone who wants to join in on the birthday icon design fun!

23 hours ago, TallyT said:

Torn here between a HUGE desire to see him on the ice - we have missed him so unbelievably much - and worry after the way he was pretty much monstered by press and public last year... but he will do what he believes best, and we will support him.

{New programs, mmmmmmm.....}

I hope he withdraws. Ik it hurts when people want to see him skate again so badly but at the same time not for the sake of his health....
New program’s gonna be lit. No matter what we’re gonna witness it one day.:tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:I can wait. (actually i cant >v<)

Btw everyone has such high hopes of him competing,,,,,,, I wonder what will happen next.:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

10 hours ago, liv said:

I'm torn. I want to see him compete and see the new program(s)... but I also want him to stay safe..but he knows how serious things are, how susceptible he is... he won't risk it if he feels there could be trouble. 

I feel the same. But under these circumstances health has naturally priority. I hope he makes the right decision for himself.:smiley-angelic001:

[NEWS] 
SEASON PHOTOBOOK 2018-19
[Part 2]