General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, kiches said:

Now that I think about it, those 2 books and this coming book are probably considered oversized. Maybe this is the extra complication. 

I pre-ordered Yaguchi's photobook from Amazon JP and had no issues with it at all. I also have the Olympics edition of the Ice Jewels Photobook, which is A3 size (so same as this new one) and had no issues from Amazon JP. I did have an issue pre-ordering the latest Ice Jewels Season Photobook - I remember that one wasn't available to be shipped internationally for awhile, but they did eventually work it out for pre-order. So hopefully, the same will happen with this one. :img_20:

4 hours ago, Seorose said:

Details are so beautiful:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: There are gold stones in crystal streams.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Damm Otonal is gorgeous as always.

This made me remember like there was an exhibition or smth where they showcased Yuzu's Seimei costume but it couldn't be fit into any of the mannequins :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:omo Yuzu's waist size.

Good thing now they have proper mannequins for his costumes.:cri:

I think my new year resolution is to have a waist like his.

7 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

I pre-ordered Yaguchi's photobook from Amazon JP and had no issues with it at all. I also have the Olympics edition of the Ice Jewels Photobook, which is A3 size (so same as this new one) and had no issues from Amazon JP. I did have an issue pre-ordering the latest Ice Jewels Season Photobook - I remember that one wasn't available to be shipped internationally for awhile, but they did eventually work it out for pre-order. So hopefully, the same will happen with this one. :img_20:

Yeah I can't remember if it was Yaguchi's photobook or Satomi Ito's, but I distinctly remember that one of them I was able to add to cart at first, and then later I couldn't (and then I could again). I do think eventually Amazon JP will sort it out for international orders, though I was wondering if maybe the reason was linked to demand. I think Yaguchi's and Ito's (the special cover edition) were in pretty high demand when pre-orders first came out.

13 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

Do you guys thik we will have any news from Yuzuru before this year ends?

I think there will be. Not sure what it'll be, but I have a feeling Yuzu's not going to leave us dry and hanging off the edge at the end of the year. 

At the very least, that's what I'm hoping for. :smiley-angelic001:

6 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Do you guys thik we will have any news from Yuzuru before this year ends?

Probably there will be a Christmas related merch.. IDK HAHA

I hope he appears on his birthday though:tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5: which is kinda unlikely :''''''(((( This man hides himself so well.

Fans are already dying of thirst:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

During the COR live broadcast Hungarian commentator and official ISU judge, Noemi Stipkovits, mentioned Yuzu's graduation thesis and talked about digitization in FS:

Here is my English translation of the Hungarian commentary (please correct me, if I got something wrong):

' [Samodurova's] jumps have no height, so I can hardly imagine her to do a quad. We will see in the replays - there you can see the height and distance of the jump better.

There are endeavors... I don't know how far we will go in the direction of digitization. Hanyu, too - Yuzuru Hanyu has written his graduation thesis about this - how the executed elements in figure skating can be measured more objectively. And the ISU has made efforts, too. There have been TV broadcasts already, where you can see the skater's speed such as the height and distance of the jump. '

Edit: If I remember correctly, the Ice Scope is an innovation made by Japanese broadcast (Fuji TV?) and not exactly an 'effort by the ISU'... However. I think, it's nice that Yuzu's thesis got mentioned (by an official ISU judge). That means, they have it on the radar at least and don't try to treat it like a cloud of dust.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
4 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

During the COR live broadcast Hungarian commentator and official ISU judge, Noemi Stipkovits, mentioned Yuzu's graduation thesis and talked about digitization in FS:

Here is my English translation of the Hungarian commentary (please correct me, if I got something wrong):

' [Samodurova's] jumps have no height, so I can hardly imagine her to do a quad. We will see in the replays - there you can see the height and distance of the jump better.

There are endeavors... I don't know how far we will go in the direction of digitization. Hanyu, too - Yuzuru Hanyu has written his graduation thesis about this - how the executed elements in figure skating can be measured more objectively. And the ISU has made efforts, too. There have been TV broadcasts already, where you can see the skater's speed such as the height and distance of the jump. '

If I remember correctly, the Ice Scope is an innovation made by Japanese broadcast and not exactly an 'effort by the ISU'... If the latter had been the case, they would have implemented the data in the judging procedure, somehow, but the data in Saitama for example had pretty much 0 correlation with the awarded GOE, so... yeah...

However. I think, it's nice that Yuzu's thesis got mentioned (by an official ISU judge). That means, they have it on the radar at least and don't try to treat like a cloud of dust.

Thank you so so much for your translations!! :)):tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

Yuzuru dedicated his entire life on figure skating and the fact that he even did smth fs related in his thesis.... that's already a whole new level of flex:coolio: and now a program targeted to the judges. Very cool. There is no way for ISU to disregard that, good thing that this hooked their attention:rofl3:

I hope that their judging system can be changed thereafter (as it should).

10 minutes ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

There is no way for ISU to disregard that, good thing that this hooked their attention:rofl3:

I hope that their judging system can be changed thereafter (as it should).

I keep my expectations rather low to be honest. Figure skating without corruption would be like... fish and chips without fish.

But yeah, it would be very nice, if Yuzu's inventions were used one day.

6 hours ago, Lunna said:

Either we will see him at Nats or there will be some official statement if not.

Entries to JNats close on 24 Nov so I think we will hear soon whether Yuzuru plans to compete or not.  

24 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I keep my expectations rather low to be honest. Figure skating without corruption would be like... fish and chips without fish.

Same tbh - it's not in the interests of large Feds or ISU to implement objective judging system.

39 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yeah ikrrr.... sigh.

Fish and chips without fish. Accurate.:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

At least Yuzu's efforts are known in the fs world. That's already more than enough for me..:headdesk: