General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, Melodie said:

There's an interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne recently. Her originally plan was to go to Japan and Korea in May, following WC. I don't know, I have the feeling that part of her trip in Japan would have been for Yuzu. Maybe she will still choreograph his new FS? Just a feeling.

Wakaba was supposed to have new program from Shae-Lynn.

Of course, I also think that Zu will stick to Shae-Lynn, even if just because she gives him all the artistic freedom that he wants.

I'm such a dry cacti already that I don't even want to think how much I will lose my mind when he will finally show up for anything longer than less than 1 minute White Wall video.

51 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I'm such a dry cacti already that I don't even want to think how much I will lose my mind when he will finally show up for anything longer than less than 1 minute White Wall video.

I think, he will start with a 5 sec White Wall appearance so that we can acclimate step by step.

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

Wakaba was supposed to have new program from Shae-Lynn.

Of coure, I also think that Zu will stick to Shae-Lynn, even if just because she gives him all the artistic freedom that he wants.

yes, Wakaba too, and off to Korea, maybe Jun, if COVID didn't happen. 

Honestly, I feel conflicted: On one hand, Shae-Lynn said she has no problem choreographing online, but her new programs for the season have been so far more of a miss than a hit for me. Even the programs which she supposedly could choreograph offline are kind of "eh...." On the other hand, Masquerade was choreographed online and it turned out to be excellent. Of course, the athletes and coaching team are huge factors as well, but even so...

Anyway, I sincerely hope Yuzu and Shae-Lynn will make it work. 

7 hours ago, Melodie said:

yes, Wakaba too, and off to Korea, maybe Jun, if COVID didn't happen. 

Honestly, I feel conflicted: On one hand, Shae-Lynn said she has no problem choreographing online, but her new programs for the season have been so far more of a miss than a hit for me. Even the programs which she supposedly could choreograph offline are kind of "eh...." On the other hand, Masquerade was choreographed online and it turned out to be excellent. Of course, the athletes and coaching team are huge factors as well, but even so...

Anyway, I sincerely hope Yuzu and Shae-Lynn will make it work. 

But we know (?) it was Jeff who did the choreo for his new SP, which is suppose to be wildly different and really great.  I have read zippo about his long program.

10 minutes ago, barbara said:

But we know (?) it was Jeff who did the choreo for his new SP, which is suppose to be wildly different and really great.  I have read zippo about his long program.

It's true that we don't know yet who will choreograph his FS, but my hunch is he will work with Shae-Lynn. 

I really am a bit concerned about Shae-Lynn's work this year. But Iike, Masquerade was terrific, so hopefully if Shae-Lynn and Yuzu work together for the long, the result will be as, if not more, terrific. 

1 hour ago, Ager said:

Hi! I always wondered about cantilever from him. Personally I don't like it, not aesthetically pleasing to see somehow and I know Shoma, Trusova and Denis are widely known for them. So today I watched this video where I saw that he kinda can do it https://youtu.be/QA_9mvSgU3U Is there any more footage of him doing it or any words from him speaking on the topic. 

The footage is from gala practice for 2015 Skate Canada and it's the only time I remember seeing him do a cantilever (I also am not a fan of it for any skater), but if you search for some fancams you may find more footage. I think he and Elizaveta were trying it out and they eventually had her do it in the actual gala.