General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, QuadOllie said:

Anyways, there's no race, even Nathan himself denied at SkAm (interview with NBCSN) that he's trying the 4a.

"The (triple) Axel has been my nemesis; I'm happy it's feeling better. There's a long way to go before I even attempt a quad. I like the way that these guys continue to push the sport; I'm excited to see a quad." 

Moving on...

Took me a hot sec to find it. As we suspected, this is either just a PR stunt or he threw one just for the sake of trying and his fans are trying to hype it as a real attempt. Either way, its BS. 

https://twitter.com/nickmccarvel/status/1319831080694841344?s=12

Cut for a possibly unpleasant ramble about strategy.

Spoiler

Nathan may not attempt a 4A in competition (it's not that simple) but what this tells me is that he and his team are prepared to set up any number of narratives to help keep him ahead of the game. Artistry narrative is in play from new programs, and now (deployed after a FS with more mistakes than anticipated) technical dominance narrative is at the forefront again.

I know Yuzu doesn't like to play these games but he's going to have to give the FS world something to remind everyone that he is still in this. Staying silent and holed away in Sendai may help him focus but will not help his status or his scores, especially when he'll already re-enter the season (provided he ever has the chance to) at a disadvantage from missing the whole first half of it. (Not that others aren't also at a disadvantage, and not that there's as much of a season to miss, but many top men have at least had the chance to compete and show their stuff.)

As far as anyone knows right now, Nathan is out-teching him, Misha and Jason have the programs of the year, Shoma's skating has never looked more beautiful, they all have a refreshed outlook of some sort and are trying to reinvent themselves in various ways. The only one without a real progress narrative, apart from one comment by his choreographer, is Yuzu. He isn't defending himself or letting anyone else defend him, and he shouldn't have to, but I think he needs to. :/

The 2 people I know who have seen the video and aren't US stans aren't that ecstatic about the attempt ("good attempt but not worth the hype", and "about the same as Dmitriev's attempt, DG with a fall"). The video is potato quality to begin with, so I think there's a lot of PR and fanyu-baiting at work. Let's not give them the attention they crave for.

A bit random thought, but one of the things that make me sad about Zuzuru WDing from GP (and GPF being postponed/cancelled) is that if we would have yet another scoring shenanigans, then our lovely chinese fanyus, out of all people, wouldn't be scared to go and burn ISU with torches and forks and I kinda wanted to see it.😥

So, in a moment of utmost boredom, writer's block and missing Yuzu hour, I turned on Youtube and found this video 

One among many to compare Nathan's and Yuzu's jumps, I suppose. What caught my attention is the comment section (I don't know why I did that to myself :Poohgaveup:). Here are some comments which I thought were really mind-boggling and eye-opening

Nathens jumps are far more superior not saying yuzaru aint good he is .nathens jumps have far more height an are better quality edge wise .

- When you just compare jump to jump, Nathan’s jumps are cleaner when it comes to rotation. 100% rotated, no question. He also has less pre rotation on the loop. Yuzuru’s landings are not as clean, often tend to be a bit under but not enough to be called under rotated thankfully.

- The only difference is Yuzu is a Goddess; Nathan is a God.:eek:

PS: This is just to say that I miss Yuzu :sad-smiley-046:Grace the ice and kill all madness, please, Yuzu :sadPooh:

4 minutes ago, Melodie said:

So, in a moment of utmost boredom, writer's block and missing Yuzu hour, I turned on Youtube and found this video 

One among many to compare Nathan's and Yuzu's jumps, I suppose. What caught my attention is the comment section (I don't know why I did that to myself :Poohgaveup:). Here are some comments which I thought were really mind-boggling and eye-opening

Nathens jumps are far more superior not saying yuzaru aint good he is .nathens jumps have far more height an are better quality edge wise .

- When you just compare jump to jump, Nathan’s jumps are cleaner when it comes to rotation. 100% rotated, no question. He also has less pre rotation on the loop. Yuzuru’s landings are not as clean, often tend to be a bit under but not enough to be called under rotated thankfully.

- The only difference is Yuzu is a Goddess; Nathan is a God.:eek:

PS: This is just to say that I miss Yuzu :sad-smiley-046:Grace the ice and kill all madness, please, Yuzu :sadPooh:

I see where they're coming from... but I like Yuzuru's jumps much better, ngl. The fluency and artistry with which he jumps is found in very few skaters. 

I'm sure that whatever happens, he'll come back stronger and he'll definitely kill all the madness alright. :softYuzu:

1 hour ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

I see where they're coming from... but I like Yuzuru's jumps much better, ngl. The fluency and artistry with which he jumps is found in very few skaters. 

I'm sure that whatever happens, he'll come back stronger and he'll definitely kill all the madness alright. :softYuzu:

You do? No comment on the last one (what was that all about, truly?) but I draw the line at Nathan's jumps having far more height, better edges and less prerotation on the loop (Luckily no one brought up the 4A cos if I hear Nathan having less prerotation on the Axel...).

As for rotation, it's debatable. Yuzu did receive boogus calls while Nathan got away with some before, and both have had moments where their jumps were iffy. All skaters have.

However, I completely agree that Yuzu will kill all the madness when he comes back :)