General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Point-wise 4A even isn't that worthy to kill yourself over it, especially if you're Nathan with many different quads and great GOEs (for Yuzu it has another motivation)

Of course it’s not worth it for Nathan to even try the 4A. The risk is too high and the reward too low. Even if he landed it in competition, the points you get are pitiful considering its difficulty. As you say, Yuzu is not trying to do it for the points. He’s doing it because it’s there and it hasn’t been accomplished yet. Points be damned. To dream the impossible dream… To run where the brave dare not go...  To reach the unreachable star...

Hi, I'm looking for a video: it's an interview right after the 2018 Olympics medal ceremony. Yuzuru is still wearing his orange outfit, I remember that he said that that was the happiest day of his life, that he was happy to be alive, or something like that. If you have a link to watch that interview please let me know 

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

It comes from an unreliable source and nothing confirms it, I am sure it's not true. It'd be all over the internet already if it really happened :P Nathan himself said a few days ago that the triple Axel is his nemesis and it's a long way to go before he even attempts a quad.

yeah the "source" is a known troll who hates Yuzu and his fans, so...

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

hello!! Nice to meet you :)

hmm, honestly I wouldn’t think of it as a jerk move, it’s sports, it’s competition after all, Nathan doesn’t owe Yuzuru anything in that sense. Of course as a Yuzu fan I would hope for Yuzu to be the first to land it, but if Nathan or anyone else lands it first it will be an incredible achievement as well, and I will certainly applaud them! I wonder if Yuzu has caught wind of this rumour, it’s been floating around...

He can't do it.  I agree with the assessment of his 3A consistency and, truly, if he wants to work on something, he should spend some time on his spins.

3 hours ago, QuadOllie said:

When he lands his 3A on a hope and a prayer half the time? Yeah, right. 

But, even if he does have it, he's not gonna use it any time soon. Since Yuzu has had his ready for so long (at least since before Worlds were meant to be) and just hasn't had a chance to compete, it would be a real jerk move to do it first, and Nate doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. 

(also, hi, after lurking since January, I finally speak. nice to meet y'all) 

Welcome!

I agree with everybody, Nathan Chen's Axels have hardly room for a 3A, a 4A would be unthinkable (except with a harness but I suppose you too, may "jump" a 4A with a harness?) He hasn't landed a 4Lo yet? He may some day, in spite of this jump scaring him?

Well, he doesn't have to work on his spins as errors don't seem to be called. I suppose people around him will see to that and prevent him from fixing it rather than upgrading his base value. The same for PCS. He "just" needs to land jumps.

9 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Welcome!

I agree with everybody, Nathan Chen's Axels have hardly room for a 3A, a 4A would be unthinkable (except with a harness but I suppose you too, may "jump" a 4A with a harness?) He hasn't landed a 4Lo yet? He may some day, in spite of this jump scaring him?

Well, he doesn't have to work on his spins as errors don't seem to be called. I suppose people around him will see to that and prevent him from fixing it rather than upgrading his base value. The same for PCS. He "just" needs to land jumps.

He did land it, was quite a bit of time ago though.

Another one here who agrees that Nathan trying out the 4A is very unlikely when his 3A is not as consistent as other skaters'. You can't attempt something more complicated when your foundation isn't as great yet, that is why Brian wanted Yuzu to improve his skating skills when he started at TCC :shrug:

5 hours ago, mmmrazorz said:

:sadPooh: i miss yuzu skating so much....theres a rumour nathan already landed 4a? Personally i wont believe it until i saw it with my own eyes but ngl i'll be sad if its true :weeping:

Huh? After all the times Nathan said he would never touch 4A? Come on!

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

guys, SkAm practices were recorded🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

...but not streamed? Stingy of them not to share.

Agree that if anyone else has landed 4A at this point, it would be most likely to be Keegan, he's the one with the highly overpowered 3As to begin with.

@QuadOllie welcome!

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

poster error sorry

14 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Agree that if anyone else has landed 4A at this point, it would be most likely to be Keegan, he's the one with the highly overpowered 3As to begin with.

@QuadOllie welcome!

Fully agree there, and he has the artistic ability to actually work it into a program as opposed to just throwing it in randomly like other skaters would. 

16 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think Yan Han has an amazing 3A too! Although I heard he stopped doing quads due to injury? 

...now I'm sad again. If Worlds hadn't been cancelled, I would have been able to Han Yan's 3A with my own eyes...it truly is a thing of beauty.

ry t

That being said, Yan's 3A is a complete thing in itself. By that I mean, it's so right that there doesn't seem to be room to make it into a bigger jump. If Yan wanted to go that route, I think he'd have to treat 4A as an entirely new jump to learn. Like, he already has perfect balance of power, height, technique, everything, and makes a textbook 3A every time, but there's no extra room in there to leverage more power for a 4A.

@QuadOllie To a point. I think a Keegan program with a 4A in it would be a bit like a volcano, tsunami, and landslide combined - all wild energy and force of nature crashing around the ice. Yuzu will probably 4A with finesse.

The lyrics of the song “To Dream the Impossible Dream” really do seem to apply to Yuzu and his quest for perfection and remaining true to himself in the face of everything that is hurled against him.

Two versions:

Frank Sinatra:

1972 Tony Awards Richard Kiley:

Do any satellites know much about Google Drive? I just discovered that the folder I had backed up my phone photos of Yuzu's ACI and SCI 2019 programs is now inexplicably blank, and the photos are no longer on my phone because of space constraints.

Is there any way I can get these back from the depths of the cloud, or should I just be using a hard drive all the time....what am I saying, of course I should be using a hard drive all the time...or better, yet, printing things out...

anyway, help. Some of these are photos I uploaded to Twitter or might have tried to upload here on the Planet, so if someone happens to have copies please send them back my way. :)

desperately clutching at straws, also thankful tat I used my actual camera for some of those shots so I do have some photos still.