General Yuzuru Chat

42 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:
Anyway, on a different topic I’ve been following the Cup of Russia and noticing that the media have been so vocal about scoring biases among the Russian ladies throughout. Don’t get me wrong, I do think unfair scores should be pointed out so as to make figure skating, a sport with a long history of biased judging, a fairer sport. But it makes me sad because when it comes to Yuzu, no one says anything... :’( 

I tend to think it is better if a sort of media alert doesn't start with him, but with a more collective preoccupation, otherwise it would be dismissed as a "fanyu fantasy". I really wish a good deal of a technical scoring to be done automatically in a near future, and I doubt ISU would do it by themselves, they "need" pressure, by media AND Olympic Committee (who from time to time demand them to prove figure skating is a sport, with objective judgement, and who may become less lenient now that technical means could be found, and have indeed been found for gymnastics).

16 hours ago, Paskud said:

Novice Nats in Japan so here comes novice mushroom monster.

such good SS and sit spin, uh🤧🤧🤧🤧

I needed the tissues too!! Just so good, and the skating is so recognisably and distinctively Hanyuish :grin_clapping::7938863: and great stamina too I noticed, I kept thinking he was tiring but then along came yet another lovely 2A!!

On 10/21/2020 at 7:36 PM, barbara said:

I read a press release from JSF stating that Nationals may have 1/2 an audience, though that can obviously change at any time depending on how the virus is doing - but! Does anyone know how I'd even get a ticket for that (when they go on sale)?  Is it a lottery thing?  Probable that Japan won't let me travel into the country, even two months from now, but I'm grasping at anything.  I presume Yuzu will be skating, but I also haven't a clue if he would.

The internet lottery is open from 10:00 on November 12th to 23:00 on 16th

Here you can find some information:

Spoiler

He will definitely announce his desicion soon. The corona situation has unfortunately not improved and then 50 % of the audience in the arena ....  I have not a good feeling. I miss Yuzu’s skating :sad4:, but of course health always comes first. 

On 10/24/2020 at 5:00 AM, lynnidolz said:

And another thing do u guys think Yuzu will upgrade his technical element this season?I think with limited ice time..(we still don't know where he is training in Japan and how was the arrangement there) and without coach i think it is difficult for him to try new things.I just hope that he be able to find someone in Japan to act as a temporary coach because i don't think he will able to go back to Canada this year...and that will be 10 months without coach before Nationals..and to think that all his rivals and competitors all have access to their coach and rinks its worrying 

Maybe he is also working with his former jump coach Soshi Tanaka. I wish, he could show us a video from training. :smiley-angelic001:

I love how his favourite word is “challenge”! Usually challenges are things that scare people and things that people back down from, but for him it’s his favourite! I wonder why light blue though? Is that his favourite colour? Come to think of it I don’t actually know what his favourite colour is, is it gold??

On 10/25/2020 at 10:42 AM, Anni said:

The internet lottery is open from 10:00 on November 12th to 23:00 on 16th

Here you can find some information:

Reveal hidden contents

He will definitely announce his desicion soon. The corona situation has unfortunately not improved and then 50 % of the audience in the arena ....  I have not a good feeling. I miss Yuzu’s skating :sad4:, but of course health always comes first. 

Maybe he is also working with his former jump coach Soshi Tanaka. I wish, he could show us a video from training. :smiley-angelic001:

Thanks for the info, Anni!

On 10/16/2020 at 8:28 AM, Geo1 said:

Sorry, I couldn’t stop myself from making that comment because I’m the one with the pervy mind. I know that you didn’t mean anything pervy by it.

You're mind isn't any more pervy than the rest of us - you just say what we're thinking out loud,