General Yuzuru Chat

Ryoto Mori, Japan Novice B Champion

I was delighted that 3Lo succeeded because "Dream is a gold medal at the Olympics", but I was never satisfied with the content of the performance that I should have been able to make three consecutive jumps better. My longing is Hanyu, who has a high jump and is beautiful.

https://twitter.com/fskating_Life/status/1319995266821312512

I'm not sure if he says that Yuzuru is beautiful or if he means his jumps, but I agree anyway.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

He decided that he wants to skate after seeing Yuzuru's performance. His dream is to win Olympics, but for now he wants to land his 3lo cleanly. :67638860:

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202010250000430.html

Taiga Nishino, bronze medalist

Hanyu came to the event that was the home rink. I applied for the lottery, and I was able to win and be taught." At that time, he said that he was advised that he should sit down a little more, and with confidence in his heart, he decided beautifully on this day as well.

[Yuzuru's] jumping, skating, and expressiveness are all wonderful. I often see them.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202010250000495.html

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

If you missed the party or would like to rewatch, here is the playlist, including the newly subbed videos (they're also all in our video library!)

Thank you for joining and see you next week when we will be playing documentaries from 2012-2013, "New Life In Canada"! :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Hello everyone! If you missed our #YuzuSkatingParty, here's the playlist of all videos we watched, including the newly subbed ones! They're also in our video library! :) 

I googled "Hoochie Coochie Man" and got:

https://www.americanbluesscene.com/hoochie-coochie/#:~:text=Coochie is blues slang for,coochie man is a pimp.

"Coochie is blues slang for 'vagina.' Hoochie is slang for 'whore' or 'hooker.' In the blues, coochie is also used as a verb, as in: 'I got a girl across town/she coochies all the time.' A hoochie-coochie dancer is a stripper and a hoochie-coochie man is a pimp."

From Deborah Devi's book "The Language of the Blues: From Alcorub to Zuzu."

Out of curiosity, I looked up "Zuzu" and it's southern slang for cookies, as in "Can I have more zuzus, Mama?" The original zuzus were gingersnaps made by Nabisco.

When Fanyus cry out, "Can we have more Zuzu?" we mean an entirely different thing!

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I googled "Hoochie Coochie Man" and got:

https://www.americanbluesscene.com/hoochie-coochie/#:~:text=Coochie is blues slang for,coochie man is a pimp.

"Coochie is blues slang for 'vagina.' Hoochie is slang for 'whore' or 'hooker.' In the blues, coochie is also used as a verb, as in: 'I got a girl across town/she coochies all the time.' A hoochie-coochie dancer is a stripper and a hoochie-coochie man is a pimp."

From Deborah Devi's book "The Language of the Blues: From Alcorub to Zuzu."

Out of curiosity, I looked up "Zuzu" and it's southern slang for cookies, as in "Can I have more zuzus, Mama?" The original zuzus were gingersnaps made by Nabisco.

When Fanyus cry out, "Can we have more Zuzu?" we mean an entirely different thing!

Oh my word! That's even worse! Our Yuzu is no hoochie-coochie man. :O

Although I got the impression from the lyrics of the song that what they want it to mean is 'born ladykiller'...and that kind of does describe Yuzu a bit...:rofl3:

50 minutes ago, holina said:

Missing Yuzuru hour :sadPooh:

There hasn’t been a white wall video in October yet, right?  There are only a few days left....he must know we are all drying out, right?  Usually he is pretty good with giving us crumbs just when we are about to dry to death :hairflip:

:worship:  d o n ' t  b e  s h y  g i v e  u s  m o r e :bow:

12 時間前, Paskudさんが言いました:

Ryoto Mori, Japan Novice B Champion

https://twitter.com/fskating_Life/status/1319995266821312512

I'm not sure if he says that Yuzuru is beautiful or if he means his jumps, but I agree anyway.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

He said his idol was Hanyu-senshu whose jumps are high and beautiful.

But I cannot agree with you more that he himself is a beauty :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:  

18 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

With PW, Yuzu is supposed to be expressing a womanizer's flirty way with women so Hoochie Coochie Man is more fitting to that theme than Parisienne Walkways as the lyrics of PW is more of a romantic & sentimental longing to a woman and days spent with her in Paris.

But I seriously doubt if Yuzu knew what exactly hoochie coochie man really means. Jeff on the other hand is the guilty one:rofl2:

This reminds me of a conservatory teacher proposing to work for the year on Debussy's Chansons de Bilitis to a beautiful and charming, but very chaste (major though, Jeffrey) foreign student before she learnt French, who accepted for the (beautiful) music and only months later realised the meaning of Pierre Louÿs' poems.

I don't know what are Yuzuru Hanyu's thoughts now! The same for Let's go Crazy, by the way : we know he doesn't skate this program anymore because he doesn't have rights on the music, but should he have the rights, would he skate it in the same costume, now he knows what Purple Pants of Sin mean? While, as @rockstaryuzu said, he is very Prince-y in them (rather more discreet) and changing the costume may alter the interpretation.

Citizen just posted about the second batch of watches going on sale at midnight October 26 - also they announced a giveaway. Follow Citizen on Weibo, share and comment on that particular post and on October 29 they will draw 12 people who will win a postcard with printed autographs! I love how all Yuzu-related posts are posted at 12:07 haha

Anyway, on a different topic I’ve been following the Cup of Russia and noticing that the media have been so vocal about scoring biases among the Russian ladies throughout. Don’t get me wrong, I do think unfair scores should be pointed out so as to make figure skating, a sport with a long history of biased judging, a fairer sport. But it makes me sad because when it comes to Yuzu, no one says anything... :’(