General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Didn't someone say that he could technically do an SP layout with axels in every jumping pass?

I say technically because he can't do a 2A...

4A 3A 2A-3T??

That would be allowed, yes.

Fun fact: If he used that layout and included the stag leap (1-foot-Axel) in the step sequence again, he could theoretically jump all Axels from quad to single in his SP :muahaha:

2 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Fun fact: If he used that layout and included the stag leap (1-foot-Axel) in the step sequence again, he could theoretically jump all Axels from quad to single in his SP :muahaha:

I need him to do this, for science :devilYuzu: (but we all know he can't do a 2A :( ruining his plans for axel domination)

Alysa Liu uses 3A, 2A and combo in SP in junior category because 2A is a must jump in SP and 3A is counted as a triple jump.

Isn't this the same thing?

(Mao Asada did the same in senior category at the time when only 2A was allowed for ladies in even senior.  JSA claimed and 2A or 3A became the must jump as an axel jump just like men.)

Correction:  As there is a compulsory jump for each season in Junior, Alysa uses 3A combo + 2A + Compulsory jump, but the order of jumps may be different each year, I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I could see that appealing to his somewhat OCD tendencies for sure. 

Anyway, I'm happy Yuzu has a new Jeff SP and I sure do hope we get to see them sometime soon. 

And now for my speculation:

"Completely different from Chopin" is a wide window indeed. 

So, I put forth for your consideration: 

And a costume like this one:

Pin on Men's Style

....most likely not. 

But fun to play around with ideas.

18 minutes ago, liv said:

Programs can be seen or interpreted as at the same level of Yuzu... but can the level of performance?

That's the whole point...Kolyada is basically saying he thinks he can do it that way. Whether he's right is another matter. But I don't want to bash Misha here. I personally think that if he can overcome his mental game and hold his performance together, he does have the skills to give Yuzu a run for his money. Moreso than Nathan. 

17 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I personally think that if he can overcome his mental game and hold his performance together, he does have the skills to give Yuzu a run for his money.

He would need more quads to compete with Yuzu but I do agree! I think he would make a worthy rival for Yuzu. Among the current male skaters I think only Yuzu and Mikhail are “complete” skaters with good jump and spin technique, skating skills, artistry and elegance.