General Yuzuru Chat

47 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

:rofl3::drinks:

I lowkey love that social media allows the two Brians to publicly interact in a friendly way decades after their rivalry. I think it sets a good example for current athletes - you're not always going to be competing, and one day you might be able to get along really well with someone if you don't let the competition you have with them interfere with your sportsmanship and values. It's the same values we see and hear about underpinning the way TCC fosters athletic progress - healthy mind, happy heart, hard work. Elite sport bolstered by kindness. 

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Marko is such a fanboy! I thought it was Yuzu at first glance in the first video lol, he even knelt down to touch the ice like Yuzu did in Pyeongchang XD

He must watch Yuzu A LOT, even in the second video I don’t know why but the way he bent down to pick up the Pooh and then skated away felt very Yuzu-like 

Many of his movements are definitely inspired from Yuzu. He probably watches tons of videos of him 😄

My friend had an extra Pooh so she threw it to Marko after the free skate. It was a nice gesture.

23 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

La Mer is $200 for one single jar of the cream. $500 for a Yuzu box filled with bonus cosmetics isn't really that bad :shrug:

10 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

:offtopic2:but honestly i've never found a difference between designer and cheap skincare, lol. a lot of these expensive creams are, like @Dreamer said, basically pond's cold cream with some fragrance and a whole lot of expensive marketing. i tend to go for brands that have more transparency in what they put in them. (i do like and use the ordinary bc of their scientific approach.)

Skin care talk, so :offtopic2:

Spoiler

I think if you're younger than 40, you don't need high-end skin care products and they're not going to make a difference on your skin except that they generally feel nicer than the less expensive products.

Once you're 40+, the high end products do help somewhat. The good ones will mask the fine lines and wrinkles and have some color-correction to hide the circles under your eyes. La Mer worked well with my skin mainly because the product sticks to your skin and does not get absorbed immediately so it lasts throughout the day. It has a bit of a shine so it made my skin look "glowy", which made it look younger cuz as your skin ages, it looks more dull. Even though it's expensive, you don't need much of it, so one jar of cream or a bottle of lotion lasts for a long time. High-end skin care is quite expensive, so I think the Sekkisei price is comparable to other high-end lines.

I don't use La Mer anymore because it's pricey and I'd rather spend the money to go to the comps, plus who can tell if I have glowy skin or not in a Zoom call? Lol. I might try Sekkisei just because Yuzu's name is on it. :mischief:  

6 hours ago, memae said:

I lowkey love that social media allows the two Brians to publicly interact in a friendly way decades after their rivalry. I think it sets a good example for current athletes - you're not always going to be competing, and one day you might be able to get along really well with someone if you don't let the competition you have with them interfere with your sportsmanship and values. It's the same values we see and hear about underpinning the way TCC fosters athletic progress - healthy mind, happy heart, hard work. Elite sport bolstered by kindness. 

Brian Orser did ice shows for many years before he started coaching, and iirc he was in the ice shows with Scott Hamilton, so he was probably doing the ice shows with Boitano too.

8 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

With his level of skating, his (my feeling, no hard proof I'll admit) learning to coach, do you think would earn a lot from distance coaching? Not to speak of maybe incompatible hours.

I think the incompatible hours is probably the biggest obstacle. Yuzu might not need a lot of coaching, but he likes to talk about skating with others, so I can see him having contact with TCC occasionally just to chat and get some general feedback.

Unless Yuzu wants to scrap the entire season, he should be working toward Nats and Worlds as his objectives.

36 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Brian Orser did ice shows for many years before he started coaching, and iirc he was in the ice shows with Scott Hamilton, so he was probably doing the ice shows with Boitano too.

Brian Orser, Brian Boitano and Katarina Witt did Carmen on Ice together and they even got an Emmy with it :) 

16 hours ago, Pammi said:

Ahh I see!! Javi is bored and wants to get us all riled up then, hoping some reunion is afoot, or just making us so overwhelmingly happy to see him post a pic of them both again??!!! :knc_brian1:       Bad Javi! :knc_brian2:

Whatever the background of this post is. It DID make me overwhelmingly happy. Right here, right now. :bunny-smiley:

12 hours ago, IceWings said:

It might have been in the interview Brian and Tracy did with Scott Hamilton this spring, but Brian does mention somewhere that he and Boitano were friends all along and their rivalry was only on the ice. 

Yuzu crumbs on sunday ☺️

Preview 

Figurepedia (18 october, 12:00 - 14:30)

Spoiler

~ Special - just before the opening of Grand Prix Series 2020
~ Shoma Uno, thanks to the fans who saved me from the bottom of my mind thinking about retiring! 
~Yuzuru Hanyu's insatiable quest!

Source
https://www.tvkingdom.jp/schedule/400612202010181200.action

from the Sapporo Olympic Museum