General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I paid $$$ for a cream in a jar, but it works.  I adore Yuzu but I think I would be more inclined to spend the $$$ on his watch or to travel to see him skate live again

I am not referring to La Mer cream: I tried it years ago and was so unimpressed...I didn't even finish it. No difference from Ponds cold cream, IMO

43 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I paid $$$ for a cream in a jar, but it works.  I adore Yuzu but I think I would be more inclined to spend the $$$ on his watch or to travel to see him skate live again

I agree with you on that. Bi-monthly, I spend only $92 in total for my own skincare routine. You only spend that much money if you have it. Even ACI tickets cost over $150 for all three days alone, not including travel and accommodations.

I was curious how much the ultimate line products cost in that 55,000 yen set and one of the creams on by itself is 20,000 yen and the ultimate lotion is 10,000 yen. From what I can tell the full-sized Miyabi items total about 50,000 yen if bought on their own, but I can't price/identify some of the other items in the list. I assume it's because they're not full sized but more a deluxe sample size. Aside from the box I can't tell if this is supposed to give a value over buying things separately (I'll assume you do get a bit more for your money, since there were 4 things that would be making up the extra 5,000 yen, plus the limited edition box).

3 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Same. I'm just pointing out that comparatively, it's not over the top. I use Mary Kay, myself, and a complete skin care set with them is around $200, depending what products you include. So $500 for a set from a luxury brand doesn't seem out of line. 

10 часов назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

It's also not actually that easy to get to Niagara Falls from Toronto unless you drive yourself. Public transit isn't exactly stellar. My uncle did it one year when he visited from Ireland and all he could do afterwards was complain about how uncomfortable it was to ride Greyhound

Megabus ride was quite OK. I'd say Niagara Falls has good connection as it's famous, to go to other places without car would be more problematic. It's a pity Canada doesn't have high speed trains like Europe and Japan - really makes long distant travel easy.

4 часа назад, Glory сказал:

I think it would be worth it, but I don't know if I would be able to figure out which bottle of cream or cleanser to use first...

I think Kose has cosmetic's page in English. I only tried one Sekkisei herbal cream, felt nice.

4 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Meh, I'll stick to The ordinary.

The only way they could make me buy that set for that price is by adding a piece of Yuzu himself in there.

You will give ideas to his hairdresser. :jester: 

As we are in low ideas, a new thread : Yuzuru Hanyu's costumes as chairs. I confess I am convinced, neither by the principle, nor by the result (except the Phantom of the Opera one, and the three last ones). I tend to see it as an expression of dryness from a thirsty cactus during a severe drought, and there I confess I'm joining. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqGr4o1qz4rgp::smiley-scared003:

4 hours ago, Lunna said:

Megabus ride was quite OK. I'd say Niagara Falls has good connection as it's famous, to go to other places without car would be more problematic. It's a pity Canada doesn't have high speed trains like Europe and Japan - really makes long distant travel easy.

Closest thing we have to that is the light-rail train callled O-train in Ottawa. OC Transpo spent three years building it (also in charge of the bus system). They are supposed to create another route for it. Not fast though, and it only runs within the city.

8 hours ago, Dreamer said:

For $520 US or $690 Canadian, you can buy a nice Citizen Eco-Drive watch which will last you a lot longer. It won’t have Yuzu’s autograph on it though.

5 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Meh, I'll stick to The ordinary.

The only way they could make me buy that set for that price is by adding a piece of Yuzu himself in there.

What piece of Yuzu were you thinking?

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Same. I'm just pointing out that comparatively, it's not over the top. I use Mary Kay, myself, and a complete skin care set with them is around $200, depending what products you include. So $500 for a set from a luxury brand doesn't seem out of line. 

It’s $690 Canadian.