General Yuzuru Chat

On 10/6/2020 at 10:04 PM, Frenchkiss70 said:

Fanyus do your thing 💪💪

He's already over 69% (and Shoma Uno a bit under 28%), which gives an idea of how little other athletes have to share.

Comparatively, Ladies are more even, with two athletes between 28% and 30% (Mai Mihara and Rika Kihira), one in the 10% (tennis champion Naomi Osaka), and several in the 5% and the 6% ranges.

By the way, as I cannot access the Tussaud Museum poll, is the poll still going on?

Maybe I should clarify the Twitter thing because it wasn't about Yuzu originally. Jackie Wong twitted about the inconsistency of PCS scoring. At the time it was clearly about Trusova vs Valieva, Eteri bonus and Rusfed shenanigans. And M. Duhamel answered it was one of her "pet peeves"

And people called them both out for their hypocrisy. Jackie because he never sees the same issue with US inflation when it's easily as bad with their chosen skater(s). Meagan because she switches from roughly "PCS are subjective anyway so stop complaining" (when the beneficiary is north American) to denouncing PCS variability when it suits her agenda. Some people brought up Yuzu being underscored comparatively to other skaters as a talking point but the main point wasn't about him. More about double standards in FS "journalism" and feds.

Skate Canada just got cancelled. I am so glad Yuzuru announced his withdrawal from GP long before the beginning of the season and saved himself and his fans from days of agonizing over whether to attend or not, buy the tickets or not,... for an event that finally might ended in cancellation anyways. 

24 minutes ago, snowy said:

Skate Canada just got cancelled. I am so glad Yuzuru announced his withdrawal from GP long before the beginning of the season and saved himself and his fans from days of agonizing over whether to attend or not, buy the tickets or not,... for an event that finally might ended in cancellation anyways. 

I wonder if he saw this coming...

Nevertheless, I pretty much did. It was bound to happen with so many live events such as Worlds being cancelled. I only wonder if and when I get to go to another figure skating competition near me in Ottawa. Oakville may have been in my province (Ontario) but it was over 6 hours on two trains! And there is only so much we can do to wait this pandemic out, though hopefully in the long run it's worth seeing ice king Yuzuru again.  :)

I feel you Cynthia. There is not so much to do in these times and here in the US everything is so so grim. It feels like a dream that there were days we would attend 3-day figure skating competitions. I miss watching competitions live and seeing Yuzuru on the ice among other things. The silver lining is that if we go back to normal by February 2022 and have the Winter Olympics, he will definitely participate. For many reasons, to bring back people to the sport, to elevate the sport and I guess more importantly to give people hope and joy. And mark my word, if Olympic happens, he will win it for the third time :2thumbsup: 

I was planning on buying tickets for Stockholm next year before all the chaos started. Obviously, now that plan went down the drain. 

It would have been my first, and probably last time seeing Yuzu skate in person. I wonder if I will ever get the chance now... I might need to consider going to Japan once a year to watch the ice shows after he retires (if he actually goes into that business) instead of flying home across the Atlantic ocean to visit the family as I tend to do... My mum wouldn't be very happy about it. :peekapooh:

I have resigned myself to the 2020-21 figure skating season being a total washout, but I am hoping and praying that we will have a widely distributed effective vaccine for Covid-19 soon enough so that we are able to have a normal 2021-22 figure skating season starting with the Autumn Classic International in September 2021 and that we satellites will be able to meet up with each other again whenever and wherever Yuzu is skating.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

I have resigned myself to the 2020-21 figure skating season being a total washout, but I am hoping and praying that we will have a widely distributed effective vaccine for Covid-19 soon enough so that we are able to have a normal 2021-22 figure skating season starting with the Autumn Classic International in September 2021 and that we satellites will be able to meet up with each other again whenever and wherever Yuzu is skating.

From your mouth to God's ears, @Geo1. I'm just about fed up. We had the volunteer meeting (over Zoom) for SCI last week, I was so excited for it even though it was going to be so tightly controlled to prevent infection, and this week the whole thing is cancelled. So far Skate Canada has cancelled every major competition they had planned for the year. I'm beginning to suspect the season just won't happen for us at all. I mean the next major competition on the slate is Nationals in January. Hopefully that'll be possible. 

Oy Vey. Time to start saving so that I have loads of money to go to every competition I can when the sport is able to come back properly, I guess.

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

The all-seeing Onmyoji, Yuzuru “Abe No Seimei” Hanyu…

Ironically, just last night I watched the downloaded movie for the second time on my Galaxy Tab A. 

On a side note, I have been wondering what he will do once he actually retires. If he stays in Japan, he might still be an easy target for his fans to stalk and harass him. On the other hand, if he chooses to stay in Canada first he won't have much of a Japanese community here. And if he chooses to get married he might have to ask his parents to set him up with someone willing to come to Canada. I  know it is such a long way off, but last time we discussed this I hadn't contributed to the conversation. It's just been on my mind for a long time so do what you want with my post. I won't mind because I just wanted to put it out there. That is all. :)