General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, yumeaki said:

Looks like Yuzu in Madam Tussaud Tokyo will have a change of costume soon. You can vote for your favorite costume and they will change based on the votes. 

https://www.madametussauds.jp/tokyo/ja/どの羽生選手に会いたい/

I have my bias but it's hard to choose one...

It seems that you can vote from this site by clicking on "応募フォームはこちらへ” on this site if you have a google account. I haven't tried to vote myself though.

There is a message from Yuzu on this site:

https://wmr.tokyo/beauty/2020/10/111353/

"A costume has a huge role in representing my program and telling its story. It also represents Yuzuru Hanyu. All my past costumes are precious to me since they carry the times and the moments I performed wearing them engraved in them. I am very excited to see the costume chosen by your votes exhibited and be able to share such moments again with you. I am looking forward to seeing the result!"

12 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

It seems that you can vote from this site by clicking on "応募フォームはこちらへ” on this site if you have a google account. I haven't tried to vote myself though.

There is a message from Yuzu on this site:

https://wmr.tokyo/beauty/2020/10/111353/

"A costume has a huge role in representing my program and telling its story. It also represents Yuzuru Hanyu. All my past costumes are precious to me since they carry the times and the moments I performed wearing them engraved in them. I am very excited to see the costume chosen by your votes exhibited and be able to share such moments again with you. I am looking forward to seeing the result!"

Great I did it! I picked Phantom Of The Opera no.2 of course ;)

Though it's hard to choose...Origin no.2 is so pretty. 

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Omg, where is this from?? I’ve never seen this before and did a double take cos I thought it was the real Yuzu dancing...

You could dance with the Yuzu doll in a hologram at Madame Tussaud Tokyo. I don't remember this feature well since I didn't try it myself, but it was probably like people sat here and took a picture, and then their face got superimposed on prima ballerina's face or something. At that time, I didn't think this looked like him at all, but now, somehow I think this ballet dancer Yuzu's move looks a little bit like real Yuzu's, especially around 00:04.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

I second this

Not Yuzu related.

Spoiler

I'm conflicted because I really, really love this artist's work but I find the way they supported Ciprès & James with an art work when the announcement of their retirement was made (and then deleted any criticism in the comments) quite tone-deaf to say the least. I know several people reached out to them in DM asking to remove the piece and were also ignored. Pointing out that Ciprès is involved in a sexual harrassment scandal with a minor and perhaps shouldn't be getting acclaimed publicly is hardly blind negativity. It's not like the artist is unaware of the issue as people have contacted them, they clearly don't care.

10 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Not Yuzu related.

Hide contents

I'm conflicted because I really, really love this artist's work but I find the way they supported Ciprès & James with an art work when the announcement of their retirement was made (and then deleted any criticism in the comments) quite tone-deaf to say the least. I know several people reached out to them in DM asking to remove the piece and were also ignored. Pointing out that Ciprès is involved in a sexual harrassment scandal with a minor and perhaps shouldn't be getting acclaimed publicly is hardly blind negativity. It's not like the artist is unaware of the issue as people have contacted them, they clearly don't care.

The artists are Russian, they tend to take the whole saga in a different light. I apologise.