General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, barbara said:

Okay, this isn't technically Yuzu, but does anyone know why it's still being reported that Jun will be at Skate Canada?

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1099129/chen-confirmed-for-skate-america

It's because Jun-hwan is assigned to Skate Canada.

Not sure how they went about assigning Grand Prix but both Jun-hwan (I believe in South Korea right now) and Katia Kurakova (in Poland) are assigned to Skate Canada. Whether that means they'll attempt to enter Canada or if they submitted their preference long before they knew Canada was going to keep the country closed until at least 10/31 is unknown. My guess is they were asked which Grand Prix they wanted, and expected to be able to enter Canada by the time the Grand Prix actually came around. If I were to place bets I think some skaters will end up withdrawing. I believe Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov were also assigned to Skate America and had intended to return to the US after competing at Russian Cup, but Vladimir caught corona virus and they're now planning to stay in Russia and are not doing Skate America any more. That news was known before the assignments came out last week so it could be with the ISU and it's infinite meetings to discuss the Grand Prix actually don't have the most up-to-date information on the skaters.

29 minutes ago, kiches said:

It's because Jun-hwan is assigned to Skate Canada.

Not sure how they went about assigning Grand Prix but both Jun-hwan (I believe in South Korea right now) and Katia Kurakova (in Poland) are assigned to Skate Canada. Whether that means they'll attempt to enter Canada or if they submitted their preference long before they knew Canada was going to keep the country closed until at least 10/31 is unknown. My guess is they were asked which Grand Prix they wanted, and expected to be able to enter Canada by the time the Grand Prix actually came around. If I were to place bets I think some skaters will end up withdrawing. I believe Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov were also assigned to Skate America and had intended to return to the US after competing at Russian Cup, but Vladimir caught corona virus and they're now planning to stay in Russia and are not doing Skate America any more. That news was known before the assignments came out last week so it could be with the ISU and it's infinite meetings to discuss the Grand Prix actually don't have the most up-to-date information on the skaters.

Jun is in So Korea.  The latest from the ISU was suppose to be the latest.  It's been a known for a while that Jun couldn't come back (though I'd hoped, even if I can't go - I wanted him at TCC so he could train.) I had thought he was initially assigned to Cup of China...but it's been cancelled.

35 minutes ago, barbara said:

Jun is in So Korea.  The latest from the ISU was suppose to be the latest.  It's been a known for a while that Jun couldn't come back (though I'd hoped, even if I can't go - I wanted him at TCC so he could train.) I had thought he was initially assigned to Cup of China...but it's been cancelled.

Yeah, at this point I don't have faith in the ISU to keep up to date with information. These assignments were expected to come out end of August, which is why I think Yuzu's withdrawal announcement came out around that time (I think JSF announced it the day before a lot of fans expected assignments to be announced since the ISU had a scheduled meeting the day after). I think back then a lot of people thought Canada may reopen their border in September, but it kept getting extended and now it's been set to end of October (and I think we may see another extension). There's only been one set of official published assignments so far and Skate Canada is the only competition Jun-Hwan's ever been assigned to. Cup of China isn't cancelled as far as I know, but GPF in Beijing is postponed/possibly cancelled.

The forum looks so new 😳 It somehow makes me feel nostalgic, probably because its newness reminds me of the very first week of the Planet...

To those who find the forum glitchy, aren't you guys using an older theme? Because the same problem occurred to me, but it got solved when I switched to the default one. The forum looks fine with the default theme :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:
Now we can read the embedded twitter more easily, and the activity tab on the personal page looks convenient 😊
Thanks, admins, for your hard works! :thanks:

I miss the edit button, though... We can make a correction or amendment by quoting our own post, but it would be convenient to be able to edit a post when you maintain a compilation thread, etc. Can we have them back?? :snonegai:

ETA: Oh yes! We can choose "edit" from the options button in the top right of our post! Thank you, admins, and @Figure_Frenzy

Now I can fix my grammatical and all the other kinds of errors :yes2: hahaha

8 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Dont know where to post this..but i have trouble viewing the text now in mobile mode.the text superimposed with profile pictures and gifs but it is ok in desktop mode

Same. I don't even see usernames, they are all hidden behind profile pics. 

15 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

The forum looks so new 😳 It somehow makes me feel nostalgic, probably because its newness reminds me of the very first week of the Planet...

To those who find the forum look glitchy, aren't you guys using an older theme? Because the same problem occurred to me, but it got solved when I switched to the default one. The forum looks fine with the default theme :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:
Now we can read the embedded twitter more easily, and the activity tab on the personal page looks convenient 😊
Thanks, admins, for your hard works! :thanks:

I miss the edit button, though... We can make a correction or amendment by quoting our own post, but it would be convenient to be able to edit a post when you maintain a compilation thread, etc. Can we have them back?? :snonegai:

Thank you.After changing to default theme the forum looks find to me now

I must say, it looks fresher. That said, it seems like not all the themes are available yet — the rest of the themes will be made available too, right?

No rush ofc, just asking~~

Edit: also the edit function is still here! (Though I wonder why it isn't shown separately on the bottom just like it was 😕

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I must say, it looks fresher. That said, it seems like not all the themes are available yet — the rest of the themes will be made available too, right?

No rush ofc, just asking~~

Edit: also the edit function is still here! (Though I wonder why it isn't shown separately on the bottom just like it was 😕

re. edit button: yeah i don't know why they made that change, it's a bit more annoying :/

we are working on the rest of the themes :) we might not keep all 10 themes but we will keep many of them~