General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I didn't know this site. The article is good but doesn't evoke the Great Earthquake and as to 4A, saying that "as to 2020" he's doing it in harness, while he rotated it at practice at GPF, seems erroneous. Of course this 4A was not near to be like jumped in competition, but far ahead of being jumped in harness, which I suppose some other skaters already did.

well, TV Tropes is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek anyway, and I think it's volunteer-based, so my expectations aren't high.

@barbara I think the image that lured me in was a partial view of an IB, but then when I clicked the link, there was nothing I could use.

22 hours ago, Pammi said:

BUT I like what they say about Yuzuru :grin_clapping:especially this: Consistently excellent in both technical skills and artistry, he pleases both fans of figure skating as a sport and those who prefer it more as a form of art.

(he also pleases those who like both !)

Interesting that he is listed as a creator (though then again, perhaps not really interesting, just normal and appropriate I guess. With what he's doing, he is best described as a creator, I guess).

Not to be that fan but the latter part of the bolded phrase irks me a bit (ie. those who prefer it more as a form of art) — like, a sport can be both athletic and artistic??? One aspect doesn't necessarily go against the other??? :sigh:

Anyway, what a find 😏😎, Yuzu on TV Tropes, who knew?

28 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

There's a trap because given his position, I think it is one of his 4A at GPF practice, not a 3A. Before jumping a 3A he looks so light and "not preparing". :14066882:

But this is his position before jumping all axels tho? His arm reach all the way back, parallel with the left leg while the right leg gets down very low. IMO that’s what makes his Axel look so pleasing and helps to create the right force to push him forward far and high.