General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

ETA: I was reading the comments and some comments were saying that the translation of Yuzu’s words into chinese isn’t accurate? According to a comment on Weibo by yuzubean, what Yuzu said is: In the night sky full if stars, the stars seem to be right by your side (by QuailAries), and has a different meaning to “like the night sky full of stars, we’re huddled/snuggled close together

Yes, but "snuggled together" fits Citizen's boyfriend-ish narrative for this advertising campaign better. Wouldn't be surprised if that's why they chose it. 

Our Yuzu, an icon of romance...wonder what he thinks of that. :hairflip:

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes, but "snuggled together" fits Citizen's boyfriend-ish narrative for this advertising campaign better. Wouldn't be surprised if that's why they chose it. 

Our Yuzu, an icon of romance...wonder what he thinks of that. :hairflip:

Considering he's done two beautiful Romeo and Juliet programs.... :softYuzu:

I really miss watching him skate. But at least his health is not in danger.

Just now, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

Considering he's done two beautiful Romeo and Juliet programs.... :softYuzu:

I really miss watching him skate. But at least his health is not in danger.

Well it's one thing to woo Ice-chan, it's quite another to be set up as some kind of idol-style bf substitute. 

10 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

If it hasn’t been translated already:

Question: The watch design is inspired by Notte Stellata/Starry Night, can you introduce this to us?

Yuzu: This song means “starry night” in Japanese, just like the night sky full of stars, we’re huddled close together 

Caption by Citizen in the Weibo post (not in this video): 

How can there not be a white wall video for the end of September?
The design of the collaboration watch “Startled Swan” is inspired by Notte Stellata, in the night full of stars in the sky, we’re huddled close together

In a truly gentle person, you can see the warmth simmering in his eyes
First round of online sales starts September 30

Bring home this fluttery feeling of huddling close together 

The Yuzu part is Japanese>Chinese subs>english though haha so may not be the best translation

Some of the comments are giggling at how even Citizen called it a white wall video!!

And some fans were joking that the sale ended before Yuzu could even open his eyes during Chopin

ETA: I was reading the comments and some comments were saying that the translation of Yuzu’s words into chinese isn’t accurate? According to a comment on Weibo by yuzubean, what Yuzu said is: In the night sky full if stars, the stars seem to be right by your side (by QuailAries), and has a different meaning to “like the night sky full of stars, we’re huddled/snuggled close together”

Maybe any Japanese speakers can confirm this? 

Thank you for translation:thanks:

As to the comment from Yuzu, yes, the Chinese translation is a bit different from what he said. He said that the watch made him picture stars in the sky full of stars staying close to him since the title of the song can be translated as "Hoshi furu yoru (Starry Night)" in Japanese.

"I wonder if figure skating, which includes the entire venue, the country, and above all the hearts and values of the audience, is established for each land."

I should answer yes, but one may notice too, that one of the components of it is the bare semantic question. In English it is called "figure skating". That is, you make figures while skating. In French (and several Latin countries) it means "artistic skating" ("patinage artistique" in French), so even in the wording of it we have an artistic dimension which is not explicit in English language.

What about other satellites languages? What do the very name of figure skating mean in your language?

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

"I wonder if figure skating, which includes the entire venue, the country, and above all the hearts and values of the audience, is established for each land."

I should answer yes, but one may notice too, that one of the components of it is the bare semantic question. In English it is called "figure skating". That is, you make figures while skating. In French (and several Latin countries) it means "artistic skating" ("patinage artistique" in French), so even in the wording of it we have an artistic dimension which is not explicit in English language.

What about other satellites languages? What do the very name of figure skating mean in your language?

Such a thoughtful interview :)

Anyway, in my mother tongue, figure skating also denotes "artistic skating". Yuzu made an excellent point there :) 

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

In the use of "figure skating", it's more than making figures when you skate.  Up until 1990, all skaters had to do compulsory figures before the open skates.  And they were still used in the U.S. until 1999 (and Canada until 1997) to access proficiency.  Skating is different without them but that's where the name is derived from.  (And watching the "figures" was stunningly boring and, I'm sure, nightmarish for the skater - one little goof and all could be lost before ever really getting to show your "stuff".)

1 hour ago, barbara said:

In the use of "figure skating", it's more than making figures when you skate.  Up until 1990, all skaters had to do compulsory figures before the open skates.  And they were still used in the U.S. until 1999 (and Canada until 1997) to access proficiency.  Skating is different without them but that's where the name is derived from.  (And watching the "figures" was stunningly boring and, I'm sure, nightmarish for the skater - one little goof and all could be lost before ever really getting to show your "stuff".)

Agree, I don't think anyone  misses figures. Although, if you have a sharp eye, you can sometimes catch Yuzu knocking one or two out during his open practices at competition. He even did it in Pyeongchang. It's probably a good way for coaches to teach concentration and edge control in one-foot skating, even now.

Anyway, where  Yuzu says

I got the impression he's really talking about more than just some kind of national style or skating philosophy. It seemed to me that he was referring to the fact that each event has it's own alchemy and that every performance will be different based on the audience and location and so on. I've talked about it before but it's something I've noticed at competitions - there's a feeling that the skaters and the audience are actually coming together to create the event, instead of a passive feeling of skaters showing what they do and audience watching. I've never had that feeling at any other type of sporting event or artistic performance. It's distinctive and exciting.

Wow, huge poster in Shanghai! If you look inside the shop you can see another poster of Yuzu in Origin 1.0 costume too :3

I’m amazed... looks like even Yuzu’s white wall videos are being played.

Citizen posted this on Weibo too! This is in Shanghai as well, and the caption says the words 惊鸿 was “taken out of the video. That’s right, the one that Yuzuru Hanyu has written stroke by stroke!” 

I wonder does this mean this sheet of paper on display is the actual piece of paper that Yuzu wrote on? Did he mail it over to them?