General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, monchan said:

Probably. It says here so:

Ah shoo, I use a watch every day, and this is totally my style. 

I can afford this alone, but I'm not sure I can afford the watch + the shipping costs + the amount of time it might take for the watch to get to me. I don't know what I would do if by the time it reaches me, I am already stranded to other countries across the globe :Poohgaveup:  

On 9/25/2020 at 4:52 PM, Pammi said:

C-chan, I’d like to see the watch modelled on someone with beautiful wrists and hands please.....🤔

Do we know anyone like that?

Foeom1M.png

I got my wish! 
It’s  fanart!Yuzu rather than real Yuzu but that’s still absolutely fine!! :grin:

9 минут назад, Ladysci сказал:

Speaking of commercials, I hardly see any CMs with Yuzu in them on TV in my part of Japan (except for the Gum for the Game one), but have seen several with Mao and that notorious insect spray commercial with Dai.  Those of you in other parts of Japan, are there lots of Yuzu commercials?

Maybe this is due to the fact that Yuzu now has few commercials for television? Still, nowadays its advertising is more often in the form of files, posters, souvenirs. It seems to me that he deliberately did little in commercials, because he always had little time to shoot. And this year there is a pandemic, Yuzu is limiting his contacts, so in 2020 there will be no filming in commercials, probably ...

I'm both burning with envy and reluctantly relieved that I don't live in China right now.  I've developed a nasty Amazon habit that I've decided to break cold turkey - currently conducting a self imposed social experiment where I simulate living off of $12/hr wage.

But I would leap off the wagon in a heartbeat if I could buy this watch.

eta: they should hire online fanartists thought. The pic in the Swanyu costume looks more like Jun than Yuzu

7 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I'm both burning with envy and reluctantly relieved that I don't live in China right now.  I've developed a nasty Amazon habit that I've decided to break cold turkey - currently conducting a self imposed social experiment where I simulate living off of $12/hr wage.

But I would leap off the wagon in a heartbeat if I could buy this watch.

eta: they should hire online fanartists thought. The pic in the Swanyu costume looks more like Jun than Yuzu

Ditto.  Of course, I'd be pretty happy being in almost any other country right now.  But the watch....

Yuzu's watch is very pretty but I don't know if I would wear it.....I don't suit yellow gold and the detailing is a little too 'sweet' for my style. (I would be more likely to wear the one he wears, with the leather strap and white face.) But it would be a gorgeous keepsake to have. Luckily I am not in China and also not prone to spending 1k on keepsakes, so my credit card is safe :D 

I wonder if, like Naomi Osaka, Citizen would ever get Yuzu to wear a watch at a competition. It's probably more risky that he'd fall and smash it on the ice than her falling and smashing it on the ground, but maybe swanning around the rink for a bit at a practice session to let himself be photographed without jumping..... black UA + classy watch + standing in front of the CITIZEN sign on the boards would be advertising material for C-Chan for the next year at least :hairflip:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh my gosh, I want it now. But there's no way I could possibly get it. It's probably already sold out.

I’m broke, but if you’re really keen on buying you can try the pre-sale by downloading the Wechat app? I think you can make an account from any country, just search 西铁城腕表 to find Citizen and there’ll be a picture of Yuzu and the watch, and there’s a countdown timer to when the pre-sale starts! No idea if they would ship outside China though...
I’ve never bought stuff from Taobao before but I know some people who managed to do it... I think if you just do a Google search you might find something? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Many thanks for the citizen updates. A really great campaign, I am very happy for Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

Google Translator

A new & free CM with Yuzuru Hanyu will be broadcast once on Fuji TV from 16:00 to 17:30 today! (Kanto only). Don't miss it! 

Edit: The new commercial will be posted on YouTube Nishikawa official channel after 18:00 today. 

https://m.youtube.com/user/tokyonishikawa

20 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzu, I miss your skating, kid! 

me too 😟

By the way, we soon reached 6000 pages 😊 

With all the symbolism and the music box box....the watch is a wonderful keepsake, memorabilia.

I am sure it will be sold out ...likely in a very short timeframe.

I don't know anyone who would be likely to gift it to me...as I have too many watches as it is.

Finally!! Yuzuru Hanyu has an official page on Wikiquote now!!  :cri:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Yuzuru_Hanyu

I'd like to thank everyone, who has contributed something to this great collaboration project so far! You were all amazing!! :thanks:

Special thanks to @sweetwater  for your incredible research, transcription and translation work! :5GOE:

Of course, the page is still far from being complete. As long as Yuzu is breathing and skating and talking in public, this is an ongoing project and everyone is invited to discuss, change or expand the page.

However, let's celebrate Yuzu's entry in one of the world's biggest libraries of famous quotes and sayings! :dancingpooh::cheer:

Also, 9 more posts to go until page 6000 here in the General Chat! :clapclap4: