General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Looks like some fans noticed the numbers aren’t adding up... Looks like there will be a pre-sale through what I believe is the wechat app (not familiar with these apps sorry!) of 127 watches and there will be a draw among these buyers where 7 people will get to win the autographed pictures. Then the official release will be September 30 with 466 watches for the first batch, 488 watches for the second batch on october 26, and 125 watches for the third batch on november 20... but if you add it all together you get 1206... where is the missing watch? 🤔🤔

I love Fanyus, they are the best detectives 🤣

Sherlock H doesn't hold a candle to eagle eyed, sharp witted Fanyus!:grouphug::grin_clapping:

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

Whoever directs and creates the Citizen Yuzu watch campaigns is a marketing genius!!:wink_star:

They really are!! It amazes me how much symbolic detail they can fit onto one watch... I wonder how much say Yuzu himself had in the design??

I think there may already be translations floating around in some of the twitter threads posted but I might just do a translation anyway...

Spoiler

#meeting you in an alternate universe (t/n: a bit of chinese word play involving Yuzu’s name here and it’s also the name of that QnA video on Wechat, video and translations have already been shared for that video)

He is a flying prince, graceful as a startled swan

He is the ice king that commands the rink

He is a young man who reaches for the stars, with dreams in his heart

He is Yuzuru Hanyu

The long awaited CitizenXYuzuru Hanyu autograph wrist watch “startled swan” is here! Only 1207 in stock!

The watch design is inspired by “Notte Stellata”, dancing like a swan in the night sky full of stars

The diamond at the 12 o’clock position and the star design at the 7 o’clock position, on 1207 he was born to shine

The diamond at the 4 o’clock position, he started learning to figure skate at 4 years old, that moment was the beginning of all this beauty and joy

The ice marks on the watch face, carving the path of sweat snd glory

The rose gold band, coupled with the 3-layered bezel of different colours, the ice king with a Super Slam

The back of the watch has Yuzuru Hanyu’s signature, wear him close to your pulse (t/n: the original text uses the pronoun “him” rather than “it” so it feels like they are saying to wear him close to your pulse, rather than it (which would more likely refer to the signature or the watch) just my interpretation, not sure if I’m reading too much into it)
The watch box is designed as a starry night music box, rotate the little crown at the side to return to that starry night
In September 28, 2020 12:07PM, 127 watches will be on pre-sale through the app (t/n: no idea what app, I think wechat??), fans who purchase successfully also have a chance to win an autographed picture, C-chan prepared 7 of them, let’s see which lucky fan can win them?

meeting you in an alternate universe, starting soon

https://m.weibo.cn/2030123513/4553348039049532

Original post^

There really is so much meaning in that watch, although I’m confused what the 3-layered bezel has got to do with super slam...

I still can’t think of a better translation for startled swan, no matter how I look at it it still sounds odd haha

Eta: found yet another detail:

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Fixed it for you. Not that I'd be able to keep up with Yuzu on skates but maybe he'd let me crib some ideas for getting faster.

I've seen a lot of comments along the lines of "A date? Nah, let me be instead the sister/auntie/chauffeur/... watching him practice in awe and quietly cheering from the stands" :68468287:

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

They really are!! It amazes me how much symbolic detail they can fit onto one watch... I wonder how much say Yuzu himself had in the design??

I think there may already be translations floating around in some of the twitter threads posted but I might just do a translation anyway...

Reveal hidden contents

#meeting you in an alternate universe (t/n: a bit of chinese word play involving Yuzu’s name here and it’s also the name of that QnA video on Wechat, video and translations have already been shared for that video)

He is a flying prince, graceful as a startled swan

He is the ice king that commands the rink

He is a young man who reaches for the stars, with dreams in his heart

He is Yuzuru Hanyu

The long awaited CitizenXYuzuru Hanyu autograph wrist watch “startled swan” is here! Only 1207 in stock!

The watch design is inspired by “Notte Stellata”, dancing like a swan in the night sky full of stars

The diamond at the 12 o’clock position and the star design at the 7 o’clock position, on 1207 he was born to shine

The diamond at the 4 o’clock position, he started learning to figure skate at 4 years old, that moment was the beginning of all this beauty and joy

The ice marks on the watch face, carving the path of sweat snd glory

The rose gold band, coupled with the 3-layered bezel of different colours, the ice king with a Super Slam

The back of the watch has Yuzuru Hanyu’s signature, wear him close to your pulse (t/n: the original text uses the pronoun “him” rather than “it” so it feels like they are saying to wear him close to your pulse, rather than it (which would more likely refer to the signature or the watch) just my interpretation, not sure if I’m reading too much into it)
The watch box is designed as a starry night music box, rotate the little crown at the side to return to that starry night
In September 28, 2020 12:07PM, 127 watches will be on pre-sale through the app (t/n: no idea what app, I think wechat??), fans who purchase successfully also have a chance to win an autographed picture, C-chan prepared 7 of them, let’s see which lucky fan can win them?

meeting you in an alternate universe, starting soon

https://m.weibo.cn/2030123513/4553348039049532

Original post^

There really is so much meaning in that watch, although I’m confused what the 3-layered bezel has got to do with super slam...

I still can’t think of a better translation for startled swan, no matter how I look at it it still sounds odd haha

Eta: found yet another detail:

Didn't they say it was real diamonds? 

anyway, I saw and clicked on the audio

Yuzu's voice!!  Charlotte Tilbury has her 'Pillow Talk series' and now Yuzu has his!  I am just applauding the genius of this whole campaign like Yuzu's proud Auntie

3 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

Wow the watch looks awesome :loveshower:   , I especially like the signature at the back, but I haven't worn a watch for years, so I am still hesitating if I should buy it :ninja: :panic:(if I can lol)

You know you have a devoted fanbase, when fans contemplate buying something they don't need but WANT:hairflip:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I say go for it! I'm tempted by the calendar myself, it will look great in my lab. Don't know if my colleagues would appreciate it though.

Fanyus understand how our pursestrings(heartstrings) are easily loosened by Yuzu merchandise!

Well, I'm one of those people who still wear a watch most of the time, but my everyday watch is a digital one (from the "fruit" company :lol:) since I love to collect data about my steps, exercise,  use it in the lab as a timer or stopwatch or when I'm cooking. But,  I'm still willing to buy an attractive watch as a "dress watch" for those occasions when I'm wearing more formal clothes. However, I do think it's impossible for those outside China to purchase one.  I'm a bit disappointed that Citizen Japan is not going to carry it. Naomi Osaka is the  Citizen ambassador in Japan with a named watch and I've seen TV commercials of it quite a few times. Of course tennis is a "bigger", money making sport, the watch is less expensive, and I think there are supposed to be about 5000 available, which can be purchased outside of Japan.

Speaking of commercials, I hardly see any CMs with Yuzu in them on TV in my part of Japan (except for the Gum for the Game one), but have seen several with Mao and that notorious insect spray commercial with Dai.  Those of you in other parts of Japan, are there lots of Yuzu commercials?

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh my goodness....his soft voice is just...:13877886::13877886::13877886:...making me wobbly at the knees...

But you know, guys, as nice as this is, at this point I'd rather be seeing him skating. I hope he's in full training right now, whether he has to do it long-distance on the phone or not. 

Yuzu, I miss your skating, kid! 

Yuzu probably got one. 

I agree. Happy Mum or happy sister?

And I do miss his skating too. Crumbs are crumbs though.